Pullman beds

andiloveu

I have a question about the pullman beds. Our cabin is on deck 2. It will be my husband and I and our two boys 10 yrs and 7 yrs old. I am concerned about the boys falling off the beds. Do they have rails. And I think it is going to be real tight in this cabin. But this is all we could afford. We are on the Enchantment of the Seas. Anyone have pictures?:)

I have a question about the pullman beds. Our cabin is on deck 2. It will be my husband and I and our two boys 10 yrs and 7 yrs old. I am concerned about the boys falling off the beds. Do they have rails. And I think it is going to be real tight in this cabin. But this is all we could afford. We are on the Enchantment of the Seas. Anyone have pictures?:)

Years ago when I was 13 (okay many years ago) I sailed with my parents and my best friend in a tiny inside cabin with pullman beds. The room was so small. Much smaller than they are today. We survived and had many a laugh about how small the room was.

I can not answer your question about rails but I am sure someone on here will be able to help.

Enjoy your vacation!

Kathy

Thank you for the pictures. It eases my mind. My boys 10 and 7 will be fine. They are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to take our own pictures of the boys in those pullman beds. This is their first cruise. So much excitement!!!:)

All four of you should be cautious about sitting up too fast! Don't hit your heads!

:)

My sister and her 10 year old, me and my 6 year old Grandson shared an inside cabin a few years ago. My Grandson and nephew absolutely LOVED the pullman beds. They were disappointed when we came back to the cabin mid-day to find they were "gone." It's obviously a tight squeeze, but with small children it can be done. You'll have a great time and your kids will always have a WONDERFUL memory of their first cruise. The rail worked fine for them and they were small enough that we didn't have to worry about their heads hitting the ceiling. Later when my Grandson shared a cabin with his Mother and he had a twin bed to himself, he was disappointed not to have the pullman. He considered it a great adventure, since he didn't have bunk beds at home.

Hi! I've booked a balcony room with a 3rd pullman on the Mariner. My daughter would have just turned 5 at the time of sailing - the bed in the pictures look too high for her. Can adults sleep in the pullman beds - are they comfortable? Does anyone have a picture of a balcony room with a pullman?

Two years ago, my husband and I went to Hawaii on the Serenade of Seas along with my adult cousin. She slept in the pullman bed and was quite comfortable. The hardest thing for her to do was to climb the ladder with bare feet. She said the ladder hurt her feet. She went up the ladder each night with her shoes on and kept them at the bottom of the bed so she could get down in the middle of the night to "use the facilities." She had valcro straps on her shoes and one of the funniest parts of the trip was her valcro straps pulling open in the middle of the night. We always knew when she was getting out of bed. It would out well and it was a 15 day cruise in an inside cabin with three adults.

We went on our first cruise this summer on Independence of the Seas. Our kids are 9 and 6 (5 at time of travel) and LOVED the pullman beds. Our daughter took a day to get used to going up and down the ladder but soon was up and down with no problems at all. Our son loved it. We had our beds underneath as the double so even if they had fallen out (no chance really), they would have landed on us. Occassionally we would have pillows or stuffed animals 'fall' down on us!! My lasting memory was of my daughter leaning down smiling at me at 11:45 pm while I was trying to sleep (and get her to sleep of course) . Be careful walking under/ around the beds, a couple of banged heads from all of us. Keep in mind though that the beds are only brought down in the evening (ours were done when we were at dinner) then put back up in the morning. I went up the ladder once to have a laugh and so scrapped my back on the way down (I was coming down 'forward'). More the fault of mine (and the Pinot Grigio) so shouldn't be an issue either if adults need to go up.

Enjoy your cruise. We've booked up for next summer already - B2B on Freedom. Can't wait!

I will try and attach a picture

P1020781.jpg.c3ff9d1f8c5a835fc4ac25b003ddd46e.jpg

Do all the cabins already have these pullman beds, or do you have to request a cabin with them? I was planning on putting my 2.5 yo in a pack and play, but based on info in another thread, I'm thinking if our room(s) have pullman beds, it would work better to give her a bed and put my 10 yo son in a pullman (he would LOVE it). We're on Explorer of the seas, inside, adjoining cabins, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Do all the cabins already have these pullman beds, or do you have to request a cabin with them? I was planning on putting my 2.5 yo in a pack and play, but based on info in another thread, I'm thinking if our room(s) have pullman beds, it would work better to give her a bed and put my 10 yo son in a pullman (he would LOVE it). We're on Explorer of the seas, inside, adjoining cabins, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Not all cabins ahve these pullman beds. Call RCCL with your cabin number - they can tell you if these beds are in your room or not.

Thanks!

Not all cabins ahve these pullman beds. Call RCCL with your cabin number - they can tell you if these beds are in your room or not.

Love the pullman beds! We've had a balcony, an oceanview and a lg. interior. We have a lg interior booked for our upcoming too. We're not in the room often and there is plenty of room for DH, two boys (ages 8 and 6) and myself. My husband is 5'10 and can sit up in the "bottom bunk" with room to spare. The pullman beds have a ladder, shelves and their own lights. I'm sure it varies from ship to ship though. Anyway, the kids loved them, they have rails, and DH even slept up there one night just to try it out.

Also, I think if you look on the website under deck plans, you can see what rooms have pullman beds.

Happy cruising!!

Archived