Why Bother...?

It's BK

Prior to selecting and booking my 1/22/05 cruise on CP, I used this site quite a bit for reviews and other information. I promised I would promptly post a formal review on Cruise Critic upon my return - which I did (had a great time...) - however that was last month and the review isn't posted yet. An email inquiry brought a tap dancing response about a lot of reviews being entered over the holidays etc., however no new reviews are being posted! There have been exactly two new formal reviews posted for CP this month!

Anybody know what's really going on?????

BK

Prior to selecting and booking my 1/22/05 cruise on CP' date=' I used this site quite a bit for reviews and other information. I promised I would promptly post a formal review on Cruise Critic upon my return - which I did (had a great time...) - however that was last month and the review isn't posted yet. An email inquiry brought a tap dancing response about a lot of reviews being entered over the holidays etc., however no new reviews are being posted! There have been exactly two new formal reviews posted for CP this month!

Anybody know what's really going on?????

BK[/quote']

My last review took no less then 6 months to be posted....in that time there were no other reviews posted for that ship.

Please don't give up.

I hope you first wrote the review in "Wordpad" or another text editor.

Even I have had your problem at times posting.

Try posting late at night or early in the morning.

I am waiting for your review with "Baited Breath"

The correct spelling is actually bated breath but it’s so common these days to see it written as baited breath

from

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm

Hello, BK.

I, too, would love to read your review of our January 22-29 cruise sooner rather than later. Please post the review on this board, or at least excerpt it here, so we can enjoy your comments. Michael and I had a wonderful time aboard the Caribbean Princess, and we are anxious for an encore sailing on this magnificent vessel.

In the meantime, when I first searched for a website with cruise reviews, I stumbled upon ePinions a few years ago. Since that time, I have published reviews on the Star, Golden, Grand, and, most recently, Caribbean Princess. I can assure you that it does not take days, weeks, or months for a well-written review to be published; minutes or hours would be more like it. If you would like to give your review a "trial run," please consider posting it on ePinions.

Here's the link to my review of our CP voyage of 1/22/05: http://www.epinions.com/content_171887332996

Michael and I will look forward to your review, BK. We know you had as good a time on the CP as we did.

Chris & Mike

I'd be happy to post it on my website. :)

Bill

Your review would be in good company on Bill's site, the definitive source of CP information, all in one place.

As noted above you could post it here. Actually, I get the opinion that if you want it read this IS the place to post it....if for no other reason than that members will come here, read it, and ask questions. The board's interaction makes a good review better and more complete.

Most of the time it doesn't even hurt!

It is irritating that we take the time to write a review and then they never put it up. The same thing happened with my Hawaii trip April 04. To my knowledge it was never put up. But I did post it here, and emailed it to several people asking questions about a similar trip. Please post it here! We'd all love to read it --

Thanks to all who replied.... Unfortunately I wrote in in their form, so don't have a copy.... Guess I'll have to find myself a rum punch and sit back down at the computer and recompose....

Dan, my only complaint about those cabana neighbors is getting sand kicked on me as a result of their dashes to the bar....

BK

I always write my long reviews in Word so that I can keep a copy (plus do the spell check). It's easy to cut and paste into the Cruise Critic form.

My review of our Century cruise over Christmas and New Year's was posted a couple of weeks after I submitted it.

I was on the same cruise as you BK..... Had a great time too.....I also wrote a review of Caribbean Princess and sent it to cruise critic and it has never been posted. I asked about it and received an email that they were still going through the holiday reviews and hadn't gotten through them all yet.... I don't know if this is true or not but that's what the email said... You go through all the hard work of doing a review and then not have it posted, it's frustrating........But they may be bombarded with reviews..I have no idea.....But I also wrote it on their form and don't have a copy.... Seems odd they would ask for reviews but not post it... I don't get it....

Archived