2 night cruise to nowhere out of NYC

rbabiak

I would not travel far for a CTN. (we live in NJ and a short train ride gets us to NYC). We've had some fun CTNs, though I wouldn't call us partiers. The then-new Dream's 2 nighter last year was great and I think we were the 5th people to stay in the cabin! It's a good way to check out ships we've not yet sailed too.

Has anyone ever done this? What did they think?

My wife and I have been on the Freedom of the Seas for a 2 nighter and it was incredible. Albeit we were invited by the cruise line and our travel agent (no clue why) and it was free we had a blast.

The key is to get aboard early the first day and find your way around, plan the evening and then hit it hard for all the activities on the ship.

While not usually night owls we stayed up late on this trip and slept in a little. The next day was really fun, but just don't focus on it's your last day aboard. I skipped the afternoon nap to swim, do the Flowrider, gamble a little and explore with the camera.

The plus is no US Customs and the ability to walk off the ship.

Recently we took the Ecstasy from down the road here in Galveston for a three nighter (it did this to stay in synch) because of a storm that kept the ship out one more night.

Really relaxing trip! We didn't take anything close to formal wear, just shorts and a pair of khakis for me and a madras shirt for each night.

If the time of the cruise is a good fit then take that a a first priority over price and go have fun.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...
We did the CTN on The Miracle last October and we had a great time. BUT we also got a great rate, $129pp, booked it 2 days before sailing, that's when the rates dropped.

this is what I'm hoping for :D

Archived