question about electrical outlets

AnnePontuso

I have sleep apnea and have to travel with cpap:rolleyes:, does anyone know about the electrical outlets on the Costa ships. I really don't want to have to purchase a transformer if I don't have to.:eek:

costa has a wide range of ships. you'll get a more accurate answer if you post which ship.

It´s standard on all Costa ships to have both kinds of outlets in a stateroom, usually at the desk. It´s a good idea to bring an extension if you need you equipment at your bedside.

We were lucky enough to have a suite on the Atlantica. The European outlet was at the desk, but the American one was all the way near the bathroom at the vanity (which is like its own little room.) There was NO WAY that you could plug something in and have it at the bedside unless you brought an adapter for the European outlet closer to the bed. It wasn't a big deal for us since we just needed to charge the cell phones and my daughter's Leapster (we just left them on the vanity). However, someone else might have difficultly if they needed a sleep machine, etc. We just kept a battery operated alarm clock next to the bed.

• 1 month later...

You will not need a transformer if your cpap is dual voltage. Check the label on it to see if it will handle 220 voltage. If so, you will only need an adapter plug to use the European outlet. You can pick up adapter plugs at most discount stores (i.e. Walmart) or luggage stores--or order online at Ebay. The European plug has two round prongs. I don't know if a standard extension cord will work on this voltage--anybody else have an answer?

Archived