Adjoining Rooms in Category C2

jaga04

I'm wondering if anyone has sailed in these rooms and if you've heard noise from your next door neighbor's room? We've found that the Oceania rooms in general are very quiet in terms of hall noise, but wonder about noise passing through the adjoining doors. Thanks!

I'm wondering if anyone has sailed in these rooms and if you've heard noise from your next door neighbor's room? We've found that the Oceania rooms in general are very quiet in terms of hall noise, but wonder about noise passing through the adjoining doors. Thanks!

We have not stayed in those rooms, but knew people who did (Hi Dottie!) and although the sound insulation was not as good as the rooms without the door, it was fairly quiet.

A lot depends on your neighbors with a connecting room, but then again Oceania does not attract a party crowd.

A bigger problem with being in that area of the ship is that when the forward Tender lobby is used, those hallways can get congested as folks spill out of the stairway.

A bigger problem with being in that area of the ship is that when the forward Tender lobby is used, those hallways can get congested as folks spill out of the stairway.

We have always tendered from Deck 3 :confused: and you usually have to go to the lounge to wait for your turn then just head down the stairs not going close to the deck 4 cabins at all

You may get more traffic in the hallway for the C1 cabins but not long lines

We have always tendered from Deck 3 :confused: and you usually have to go to the lounge to wait for your turn then just head down the stairs not going close to the deck 4 cabins at all

You may get more traffic in the hallway for the C1 cabins but not long lines

I'm sorry Lyn, but I have to disagree with you. We've seen those deck 4 hallways PACKED in Greece, Italy, and in the Caribbean (hey, you were THERE for that one! :))

The tender lobby is on deck 3, but it is very small. It probably was adequate pre 9/11 but now there are x ray machines and barrels of "free water" making it even smaller.

Only one passenger can board the tenders at a time, so everybody lines up single file, and those lines snake up that forward stairway very quickly.

Many people don't feel comfortable standing on the treads of the stairs, so they spill out onto deck four, to wait until the line starts to move again.

Unfortunately, other people continue to get onto what they perceive to be the back of the line, behind those who stayed on the stairway.

This does not happen at every tender port, but it does happen. :cool:

I'm sorry Lyn, but I have to disagree with you. We've seen those deck 4 hallways PACKED in Greece, Italy, and in the Caribbean (hey, you were THERE for that one! :))

The tender lobby is on deck 3, but it is very small. It probably was adequate pre 9/11 but now there are x ray machines and barrels of "free water" making it even smaller.

Only one passenger can board the tenders at a time, so everybody lines up single file, and those lines snake up that forward stairway very quickly.

Well I have not experienced that on Oceania

Usually you wait in the lounge until your tour or independent ticket colour is called then head down to deck 3.

If it is a big tour group then yes they are on the stairs for a few minutes but it moves pretty quickly

Hope it will not be too bad on the Marina with all those extra people ;)

Lyn

We have not stayed in those rooms, but knew people who did (Hi Dottie!) and although the sound insulation was not as good as the rooms without the door, it was fairly quiet.

A lot depends on your neighbors with a connecting room, but then again Oceania does not attract a party crowd.

Thanks for the info about Dottie's experience! I'm less concerned about daytime hall noise, since we usually get out early when we're in port. There's just something that feels weird to me about room-to-room noise.

I have to say that we've never been bothered by room-to-room noise other than SOMETIMES the noise of a flushing toilet.

We have found the "R" ships to be very well soundproofed. (True, I'd rather not here a toilet flushing but I find it preferable to a loud cocktail party.)

When we were on Deck 7 opposite the laundry room (this happened twice in the Renaissance days) we would open our door and discover a party in the hallway. We'd never heard a peep.

When we were on Deck 7 opposite the laundry room (this happened twice in the Renaissance days) we would open our door and discover a party in the hallway. We'd never heard a peep

If this ever happens to us, we just throw on our Cocktail Slacks, get over there, and start frigging (or, whatvever the current dance craze happens to be!) :D

columbiacostume.jpg&sa=X&ei=4HKTTNjCBMLflgfPh6mnCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4FA&usg=AFQjCNFbli1eEAm9bndWLjU1vM-sXrRdtQ

We had a big problem with a connecting room. The teenage sons of one of the other passengers were next door to us and were playing their TV well after midnight and it was very loud. It was so loud that we knew what program they were watching because we could hear every word. When we asked to have our room changed, the concierge told us that there were no other rooms available on Deck 4 and that we were just trying for a free upgrade. We asked to speak to his immediate supervisor who apologized and (magically) found us a different room (on deck 4)

Although this was not our first cruise on Oceania, we have not been back.

Archived