Who is the concierge on the Jewel

F858MM

Dose anyone know?

I believe it's John D'Souza. He has recently been promoted to Concierge. He was our butler when we stayed in the GV on the Star in 2009. He was great, and is the standard we judge our other butlers by.:D He was leaving to get married the week after we sailed. If he brings half of the professionalism he displayed as a butler, to his new position as Concierge, he will be amazing. We would LOVE to sail with John again. :)

It was Adrian, but The staff shifts were made on Sept 11, so not sure if he is still there. I would love to know myself - Adrian was the best concierge we have ever had, so if he's no longer on the Jewel, I might follow him to wherever he is now. Anyone know where Adrian went?

Robin

Carlos suffered an injury in late February of this year in Mexico on the Jewel's W. Caribbean run and went out on medical. He was replaced by Adrian Bica and I haven't seen him pop up anywhere that I've noticed since then. Hope he's alright. :)

I do hope all is well with Carlos. He's really a great guy.

I to hope Carlos is well. He was our concierge on the Jewel last January--we had six in our suite--with our 4 college kids! He was fantastic and our kids loved him. We were low maintainance and did not need his services very much--but he still made a great impression on us. I truly hope he is doing well.

John is, as posted before, the current concierge on the Jewel. He's a delight. He was in training on the 8/28 sailing for the turnover. We've known him a long time and think he will do very, very well as a concierge.

We had Adrian for the first time on that trip and he was marvelous. Of course, we know so many of the officers from our 26+ trips on NCL, that each cruise seems like old home week, as it must for some of you too. But Adrian had just the right touch -- he was there when we needed him but didn't hover or suffocate us. That's a special talent. John had it as a butler so I suspect he'll have it as a concierge too.

Carlos is apparently still suffering from the broken leg. It is apparently not mending well.

looking with interest on this thread...just had to switch to Jewel from cancelled Gem sailing...and we are in our 1st suite....any idea re: which staff will be there Dec 5th ?...we are in AE 9th deck. aft..

Carlos is apparently still suffering from the broken leg. It is apparently not mending well.

Darn! This is not good news at all. You're right.. the more you cruise with one cruise line and specifically on one ship or another, it's amazing how quickly you become a "part of the family." I still love the Norwegian Way when it's performed because I do feel like a part of their family by the end of the cruise and feel like I'm leaving them behind! :o

Archived