owners suites

jobsite

Great jobsite, I know nothing and I have booked one on the Mariner. Give me all the info you can think of. I don't know what specific questions to ask, as I have never even seen one live and in person? So spill, please!! I appreciate it very much!

Please keep in mind that the owner's suite I'm referring to is for the Freedom class ships and I cannot speak for the Mariner. For starters they are significantly bigger than balcony rooms. The bathrooms are huge - you actually get 2 sinks a bidet, and bathtub with jets, and a separate shower. Suites come with many perks such as; priority embarkation and disembarkation, reserved seating at shows and pool, concierge service including using the lounge at your leisure by using your key. (suite guests keys are the only keys that work to open the concierge lounge) Happy hour at concierge lounge every day from 5 to 9:30, but I'm not sure about the hours. You also get full room service from the MDR menu for as long as the MDR is open. You also get a special breakfast hosted by the concierge on disembarkation day. There should be a portfolio in your suite with all the amenities available on your ship

Hope it helps

Thanks for the offer - hope you don't mind all the questions :D

I have Suite 1348 reserved for Nov.

1. Did you hear any noise from the deck above

2. Who was your concierge

3. Did you rent a cabana - if so was it worth the price

4. What days did you get treats in the room

5. Did you receive any other specials (drinks with the officers)

6. Were you able to access your room prior to 1pm on the first day

7. Any other tips you want to share

Thanks

Mags

Okay I'll answer your questions to the best of my recollection.

1. We stayed in #1334 starboard side and at times especially in the a.m we heard the flushing of ladies' bathroom right outside the windjammer. The public bathrooms are right above our cabin. It didn't bother me too much. However, at night we heard absolutely nothing, the cabin was extremely quiet.

2. Our concierge was Amit from India and he was great. Has a lot of knowledge of all the ports we visited and if you have any questions regarding anything and I mean anything, he's the MAN!!

3. Barefoot beach was fantastic - Only suite guests are allowed in there they provide you with snorkel and mask (great snorkeling, by the way) and mats to use for the day. They also have towels you can use. As far as the cabanas. We didn't rent one because we have 2 boys 9 and 11 and being from Florida, we didn't see the need only because we wouldn't use it. From what I saw, the cabanas are very spacious and beautiful, but I wouldn't spend $200 for shade for a few hours, There are plenty of trees that provide shade and the attendants will gladly assist you in setting lounge chairs in the shade. The food on the buffet was excellent - shrimp, scallops and veggie skewers, salads, burgers, hotdogs and a lot of other side dishes. They also had a picnic area in the shade with lots of tables and chairs.

4. We had a fruit basket delivered on day 2, if I remember correctly. We also had a tray with treats on day 5 or 6.

5. We were invited to a cocktail party hosted by the Captain, you'll get a printed invitation, but because of our children we were unable to attend. Actually, we didn't get a chance to attend too many happy hours @ the CL because children, understandably, are not allowed.

6. We got on the ship around 12:30 and did not have access to our cabin.

7. Tips- Don't forget that suite guests can sit in Portofinos after grabbing food from the WJ. We tried Chops grill and were very disappointed. The fillet which is what we both ordered was not very tender. The food that night was extremely salty. We actually liked the food in the MDR better.

If there's anything else, ask away

Please keep in mind that the owner's suite I'm referring to is for the Freedom class ships and I cannot speak for the Mariner. For starters they are significantly bigger than balcony rooms. The bathrooms are huge - you actually get 2 sinks a bidet, and bathtub with jets, and a separate shower.

We are taking the Freedom of the Seas in October in cabin 1340 and have been wondering about the bathtub and whether it was a whirlpool or not. In the official description from RCL it doesn't mention anything about it being a whirlpool, and every picture we have searched, while I can see the bathtub, the photo never went far enough down to see whether there were jets or no jets. So, just to confirm, the bathtub in the bathroom is a whirlpool?

I was also disappointed to hear that your visit to Chops wasn't very good. Did you try Portofino? We love both Chops and Portofino, and while we have never been disappointed with our meals, it seems that the food quality has been hit or miss as we have read several reviews similar to yours.

Thanks for your comments. And I agree, we have been able to find very few descriptions of the Owner's Suite on the Freedom Class ships. We are looking forward to our cruise, and also now it's nice to hear about the whirlpool tub in the bathroom.

Steve

We have 1320 booked for next year; how many people can you fit on the balcony? by this, I mean comfortably without over crowding; I know you had four in the suite; but can you fit more comfortably on the balcony? Thanks.

We have 1320 booked for next year; how many people can you fit on the balcony? by this, I mean comfortably without over crowding; I know you had four in the suite; but can you fit more comfortably on the balcony? Thanks.

I kid you not, you could comfortably fit 10 people on the balcony - it was that big. The lounge furniture is of higher quality than balcony rooms. You get 2 comfortable lounge chairs and a a round table with 2 chairs.

We are taking the Freedom of the Seas in October in cabin 1340 and have been wondering about the bathtub and whether it was a whirlpool or not. In the official description from RCL it doesn't mention anything about it being a whirlpool, and every picture we have searched, while I can see the bathtub, the photo never went far enough down to see whether there were jets or no jets. So, just to confirm, the bathtub in the bathroom is a whirlpool?

I was also disappointed to hear that your visit to Chops wasn't very good. Did you try Portofino? We love both Chops and Portofino, and while we have never been disappointed with our meals, it seems that the food quality has been hit or miss as we have read several reviews similar to yours.

Thanks for your comments. And I agree, we have been able to find very few descriptions of the Owner's Suite on the Freedom Class ships. We are looking forward to our cruise, and also now it's nice to hear about the whirlpool tub in the bathroom.

Steve

Cabin #1340 is right next to #1334 and is on the starboard side. For some reason the starboard side of the ship faced all the docks and ports on this trip. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the docking on all the ports. And it was very entertaining watching people running toward the boat at the ports. Especially in Jamaica where they seemed to get a little wild at Margaritaville.

We did not try Portofinos this time around figuring this just wasn't going to be a good week for specialty restaurants aboard the Freedom. Don't get me wrong the service was outstanding, I guess for $50 I was expecting a steak of higher quality than Outback. Maybe I was expecting too much. Nevertheless, we had a fantastic cruise on the Freedom and can't wait to go again.

Hope you have a great time!

It's good to hear about the suite benefits. We stayed in an owner's suite on Enchantment around 1999 and if there was a concierge/lounge we were not notified. We got hors d'oeuvres or chocolate covered strawberries in the afternoons but that is about it. The room was nice, though and had a very long balcony, 2 televisions, surround sound speakers, separate living room, bathtub, bidet, doorbell, walk-in closet, etc.

Cabin #1340 is right next to #1334 and is on the starboard side. For some reason the starboard side of the ship faced all the docks and ports on this trip. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the docking on all the ports. And it was very entertaining watching people running toward the boat at the ports. Especially in Jamaica where they seemed to get a little wild at Margaritaville.

We did not try Portofinos this time around figuring this just wasn't going to be a good week for specialty restaurants aboard the Freedom. Don't get me wrong the service was outstanding, I guess for $50 I was expecting a steak of higher quality than Outback. Maybe I was expecting too much. Nevertheless, we had a fantastic cruise on the Freedom and can't wait to go again.

Hope you have a great time!

Thanks for all the help. I understand exactly what you are speaking about in regard to the specialty restaurants. Good is not good enough when it's called a specialty restaurant.

Steve

We have had #1340 two years ago and #1648 last month. Here are some photos of each. They are identical staterooms other than #1340 being starboard and #1648 being port side. There are more photos in my link below in the Freedom cruise.

1340.jpg

Cabin1340-2.jpg

#1648 bathroom and yes the tub has jets.

Cabin1648-2.jpg

Cabin1658-3.jpg

#1648 with the new balcony furniture.

Cabin1648-11.jpg

Cabin1648-12.jpg

It's good to hear about the suite benefits. We stayed in an owner's suite on Enchantment around 1999 and if there was a concierge/lounge we were not notified. We got hors d'oeuvres or chocolate covered strawberries in the afternoons but that is about it. The room was nice, though and had a very long balcony, 2 televisions, surround sound speakers, separate living room, bathtub, bidet, doorbell, walk-in closet, etc.

Yes, that's right, there's a doorbell. The CL is very nice because they list the MDR daily menu and you can also check out dvd's and cd's for your use in your cabin. They also serve Seatles Best coffee every morning along with a continental breakfast. I'm not a coffee drinker but my hubby who is, loved it. And for the capuccino lovers, they also have an expresso machine. To be honest with you, my favorite perk was barefoot beach in Labadee. That place was awsome.

As far as the concierge, we received an e-mail from him the week before our cruise detailing all of the perks and services, which was great because you can start thinking about the excursions you want to book and he can definitely help you with that!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On embarkation, is either the dining room open for lunch or is there somewhere a suite guest can have lunch other than the Windjammer?

The main dining room does not serve lunch on embarkation day. Usually Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos are open on embarkation day if you are on a ship with one of those places.

Archived