Upgrade Fairy just blew my mind

~earthmama~

Our last cruise, NCL we got an upsale from a two bedroom balcony to one of the Garden Villas. Our price was $2000, split between 2 families. We took it! We have never regretted it! The perks NCL has for these Villa's are amazing. We were sailing with a total of 17 people, it was nice to have everyone over and have too much room. With knowing it would never happen again, we are back to a balcony on Carnival, which I prefer over NCL.

OMG is right, I didnt expect it to look that nice. But 2K is alot of money, dont think I would do it either. Now on the Dream maybe I'd consider it. I really am hoping the fairey calls me for either of my 2 upcoming Cruise.

I do , I DO ,I DO believe in Fairies!!!!!!

yep 916 sq feet and its AMAZING but we are sticking with what we have. Very cool pics and nice to dream for a few minutes :D

If you take the upgrade maybe Carnival will upgrade US to your old cabin! ;) I've been waiting, waiting for an upsell call! We have an outside right now in the bilge!

I will not spend $2000 however!

earthmama have you look at the roll-call for our cruise? I'd love to meet you!

If you take the upgrade maybe Carnival will upgrade US to your old cabin! ;) I've been waiting, waiting for an upsell call! We have an outside right now in the bilge!

I will not spend $2000 however!

earthmama have you look at the roll-call for our cruise? I'd love to meet you!

I have! We are sailing 9/24, and we have the same name! I spell mine Leslie though!

We got a call from the up sell fairy 2 days before we sailed a couple weeks ago. We were in an Extended Balcony Suite and they offered the Owner's suite for $1700 more. Though the pictures were amazing and it would have been tons of fun, we decided that we'd save that for our next cruise!

wwwoooowwwww! beautiful. I'ld want to say "yes" but no way I would spend that on a room. I don't want to stay in the room the whole trip. If I had that room, I wouldn't leave.

We are on the fantasy with a "penthouse" suite and an adjoining OV. I think she is going to stick with what we have but MAN the pics they sent are AWESOME and at 916 sq feet it's bigger than my first apt! LOL

Thank you for the more thorough explanation about the offer. ;) I have seen the video of the Owners Suite and it was quite spectacular. However, I imagine that a Penthouse Suite would be as well. Didn't know Carnival had that category, either. How big is it?

Did anyone else notice that the architectural plan didn't jive with the photos? Also, the photos make it look like there were two bedrooms, where the plan shows just one.

OP, where would you have slept had your MIL taken the Owners Suite. Y'all would be going from two bedrooms to one.

After seeing the photos, if there was two bedrooms and baths, I believe I'd give up our two Cat. 8 staterooms for $1700. :) That's just $25 more pp than it would cost us to upgrade from a balcony to an Ocean Suite. Although, I don't think I would like my bedroom overlooking the pool deck. Talk about noise! :eek:

Does anyone know if the Glory has Penthouse and Owners Suites?

Got thIs today, I'll call tomorrow :)

Dear RAYMOND

This is James*Black with Carnival Cruise Lines. I have attempted to contact you with regard to your cruise on the Carnival Freedom departing 10/17/2010, but have been unsuccessful reaching you. Carnival Cruise Lines recently came out with special rates for higher category staterooms on your sailing and I wanted to give you the opportuinity to upgrade for a nominal fee! For more details, please contact me as soon as possible. Space is very limited and I cannot guarantee the availability of this opportunity. Please be sure to referrence your booking number.*I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Have a great day,*****

Got thIs today, I'll call tomorrow :)

Dear RAYMOND

This is James*Black with Carnival Cruise Lines. I have attempted to contact you with regard to your cruise on the Carnival Freedom departing 10/17/2010, but have been unsuccessful reaching you. Carnival Cruise Lines recently came out with special rates for higher category staterooms on your sailing and I wanted to give you the opportuinity to upgrade for a nominal fee! For more details, please contact me as soon as possible. Space is very limited and I cannot guarantee the availability of this opportunity. Please be sure to referrence your booking number.*I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Have a great day,*****

So I spoke with Carnival they wanted to upgrade us from the standard balcony to a suite for about $290 per person.... we declined

Archived