Aer Lingus Question

hellokitty49

You might get more responses on the Cruise Air board but we will offer a little advice having used Aer Lingus (on several ocassions) and encountered some "issues." We suggest you call Aer Lingus (many times they will ignore e-mails) and ask your specific question, and than request they e-mail or snail mail you the policy in writing. Assuming the policy is what you want make sure you take it along with you in case you run into a clerk who denies the policy. With this airline if you do not have it in writing you just can never be sure of anything!

Hank

We flew AerLingus in July - JFK to Amsterdam via Dublin. We each checked a bag and had a carry-on. I also had a tote bag ("purse") that also contained my laptop. I had no problem - except my checked bag was lost and finally delivered on our fourth cruise day! The carry-on went into the overhead and the tote bag did fit under the seat in front of me.

AerLingus said the checked bag was up to 50 lbs and carry-on 22 lbs but we never had our carry-on weighed - neither going or coming home! I ckecked-in first coming home and then my DH and his bag was just a little over-weight (and I thought we had been SO carefull, even had our scale with us!). The clerk was lovely and quietly told us to rearrange the bag which we did so it wasn't over. I think everyone is different and you'll just never know exactly what they'll allow!!

Hlitner's suggestion is the best - get the policy in writing!

Thank you both for your response. I've read on other boards that it depends on the person checking you in. It states the 22 lbs on their website but doesn't specify if the laptop type personal item will also be weighed. We're packed and ready to go so we'll hope for the best and not get weighed since both of us are a tiny bit over the limit.

Thanks

Janet

Archived