Acapulco Hotels

cruisingbarb

We are cruising through the Panama Canal in February and will be spending one night in Acapulco before we fly home. Need suggestions for a nice but not too expensive hotel. Not sure if we want something near the airport or something downtown. We're planning on taking a tour on Saturday and don't need to be at the airport until 2:00 on Sunday so would like to see a little more of Acapulco before we take off. Any suggestions?

Acapulco is not my favorite place in the world (or in Mexico <grin>) however, there are some more than decent reasonably priced hotels.

the airport is just a few miles southeast of town, so there really is no reason to stay near the airport.

For a low price place, Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco is a good choice. If you win the lottery, definitely stay at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques.

I would for certain stay in town as 1 it is where everything is and 2 for certain meets your criteria of being more affordable then the hotels near the airport which are more resort like then hotels. In this order .

1) Emporio (Best pools)

2) Fiesta Americana Villas (my Fav) Best location close to everything.

3) Crowne Plaza (next to Emporio) A little more worn then the above 2.

Lesser properties but clean and on the beach and cheaper

1) Fiesta Inn (sister property of the Fiesta Americana) about 1/4 mile away also in the heart of town

2) Hotel Malibu (Best margaritas)

Archived