Slide, slide, slide

Katoo

I'm 3 weeks away from our cruise on the Legend. This will be our 3rd cruise.

I have a regret from my first two. Both times I promised myself I would slide down the slide. Both times I got way too self-conscious to actually do it. I was certain that everybody on deck would point and laugh at the overweight granny on the slide.

So talk to me. Any grannies or gramps out there that slides the slide?

Give me some encouragement. Maybe this time, I'll finally do it.

I have a regret from my first two. Both times I promised myself I would slide down the slide. Both times I got way too self-conscious to actually do it. I was certain that everybody on deck would point and laugh at the overweight granny on the slide.

We always go and we are in our 50's & 60's. We went on the one on the Legend and I hope they waxed it. I went down it and it was so salty I stopped sliding halfway and had to crawl down. Other ships, never had that problem. It was pretty funny. It was years ago (2007)

I am in my mid-50's and just went down the slide on the Legend. It was a bit slow until the end...and then I went FAST (my kids did not go fast...do you think it has something to do with body mass? :rolleyes:;))

Don't worry about what you look like...all kinds were going down the slide. Just check out the guy in front of me! What a view right at eye level!

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20109.JPG

I have come to the conclusion that....nobody cares what you look like.....because they are too busy worrying what they look like....;)

And drinking, so it won't matter. A.D.D will kick in and within a few moments, it'll be forgotten on who went down the slide. To some you'll get cheer'd on and actually get some attention too for being brave and doing such. Go for it, have a great time! It's your vacation!

I am in my mid-50's and just went down the slide on the Legend. It was a bit slow until the end...and then I went FAST (my kids did not go fast...do you think it has something to do with body mass? :rolleyes:;))

Don't worry about what you look like...all kinds were going down the slide. Just check out the guy in front of me! What a view right at eye level!

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20109.JPG

Haha, AryMay. I remember seeing this in your review and your kids snickering at you with the speedo guy in front of you. That was so funny. Your review's are so good. Nice to see such great family gatherings and to see you getting into the fun. Even when your kids put all their glasses on your head when you were trying to sign the check at the resturant, making fun of mom. haha, such good spirit.

10/10/10 ... now that sounds like a lucky number. It is your vacation and you know what, you should just go for it. I know I would not point or stare. I am going to do it with you... no not going to be on your cruise but I will be on the Conquest the same time and have avoided the same slide. We shall conquer the slide.

Give it a go. it was a blast. of course i recommend screaming like a girl all the way down , then hitting the bottom with a HUGE splash and come up out of the water with a wedgie and laughing hysterically. but you know thats just how i roll...:D and dont forget to have someone strategically placed at the bottom with a camera (waterproof is best).

Finally on my 3rd Carnival cruise (that had a slide...don't remember one on the Jubilee but I could be wrong), I went down the slide. Once was enough for me and I'm only in my mid 30's but I'm glad I did it. Yes, I got a wedgie and a face full of salt water. WHOOSH! It was fun though.

I'm sooo glad ya'll posted this!! At 57 a little 'healthy' weight, I have always wanted to do this, but figured everyone would make fun of me! Sooo! With the courage you've given me I'm doing it in Dec.!! And LET 'EM LAUGH!! I'm going to have fun!!!! Thanks!!!

I finally went down the slide in March on the Splendor~ best time to do it is while in port so it's not very crowded~! The kids were kinda looking at me funny but I just made friends with them and by the second time I was going down they were giving me hints on how to go faster~ :D

Archived