Help selecting a cabin

lindy sails

I'm a fan of the Main Deck J-cabins---been in them several times.

I've also sailed in an obstructed outside on Upper Promenade. It was a lovely cabin, with a great deal of light. The windows are wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling.

Whichever of these you choose, however, take a good look at what's above/below you. The two public decks between Main and Upper Prom have some areas that can create late-night noise. If you're not going to be up generating that noise, then you need to take care when selecting your cabin.

My wife and I took an inside cabin for our first cruise. We took it based upon the theory that we would not be spending much awake time in the cabin. On our second cruise we ended up with a veranda cabin and we'll never go back to an inside cabin again. Right now we're booked on our second HAL cruise with an obstructed view. We know this will not be as good as a veranda but at least there will be outside light coming in.

I would suggest that you strongly consider at least an obstructed view. There is the possibility that as it gets close to your departure date that HAL may offer you a low cost upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise!

...and then there are many of us who are just fine in an inside cabin and really do just sleep there. Sometimes the lack of light from the outside is great for sleeping. I book an inside guarantee so I don't really know where I will be......but I have extra cash to spend on other things.

New to Hal sailing on the Noordam and need help picking out an inside cabin. Any advice would be appreciated. Would also consider an obstructed ocean view cabin.

Thanks,

Lindy

I have sailed on the Noordam a few times, and the obstructed view cabins are larger. The inside cabins on this ship can be rather small.

You should go to HAL, look at them, and check location and SQ ft.

Then there are people who have had verandas, butlers and penthouse suites and all that AND will never go back to them and all the faux hype that comes with them ( to us) after they discovered J cabins in the Main Deck...... which is just as good...maybe better from a variety of viewponts.... My wife loves them and prefers the square design over any other.......

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I booked cabin

J1062 on Main deck a square one with a sofa on the Noordam. They also asked if I would accept a complementart upgrade I really doubt that I'll be offered one with a cabin assignment. Your thoughts?

Lindy

I would say no. You could end up with an "upgrade" that may be an outside in a poor location and actually smaller and less functional that what you have choosen YMMV.

Archived