do st maarten sell cheese

mambo110

Can i find holland cheese in st maarten like the one thas sells in Aruba.

iits like a 7 pounds cheese :eek:

There are a number of bakeries, wine and cheese stores both on the Dutch side and the French side. If you go to the St Maarten board in the Ports of Call Caribbean boards here, you can ask. Several regular posters there live or visit the island frequently and can offer excellent recommendations.

The wheels of gouda cheese (I believe they are 8 lbs) can be purchased at Sangs Market. It's across the street from Bobby's Marina which is one of the water taxi stops.:) I had planned on picking up one last week when we were on the Victory but due to the weather, we could not dock in St. Marten so the ship just headed back to San Juan :(

thanks for the help!!!!! damn 8 lbs! who knows the price for this baby?

Last year when we were in Aruba, I bought one of these at a supermarket and I believe the price was approximately $30 U.S. I'm not sure what the price would be at Sang's Supermarket in St. Marten, but at least it gives you an idea.

Probably, because cruise lines have been selling those over-priced and yucky "rum cakes" for years! As long as it's appropriately packaged, you should be fine! You might want to bring an empty duffle bag with you though...for transporting your cheese wheel back home.

Probably, because cruise lines have been selling those over-priced and yucky "rum cakes" for years! As long as it's appropriately packaged, you should be fine! You might want to bring an empty duffle bag with you though...for transporting your cheese wheel back home.

Uh- cheese and cakes are very different items in terms of importing. But, most cheeses can be brought in although you may be asked to show them what you have when you arrive.

Archived