B2B questions?

Booked

Hi:

We will be sailing B2B on the Crown, 13 days Canada NE and then 7 days out of Ft Lauderdale. We have an inside cabin for the first 13 cooler weather days, and then are switching to a balcony for the tropical part of the cruise. We've never done a b2b before, so any advice would be appreciated.

Has anyone experienced switching cabins like this?

Will we have to re-register and re-embark in Florida?

Get new cruise card, picture taken, etc?

What about moving luggage?

We'd like to spend the day in Fort Lauderdale site seeing / shopping, rather than hanging around the pier, and moving cabins

Also, if we buy duty free liquor on board the ship, will it be returned to our cabin after the first part of the cruise, or at the very end?

Thanks in advance.

CA

We have done several B 2 B's & love em! The last 2 times we changed cabins so we would be on Port then Starboard. We had balconies on Aloha deck. It took some extra time on change day as we opted to move ourselves. We had worked out the change w/ the 2 cabin stewards ahead of time & it made the change much easeier. Princess makes it simple w/ new cruise cards, paperwork, etc. Yes liquor on 1st week was brought to us on last day thus we had for second leg.

Once we had everything moved we got off ship to meet our friends joining us for the second week. Best adcice I could give would be to talk to your steward a few days ahead of time & find out who will be your steward for the change. They will make it happen smoothly (tipping ahead of time doesn't hurt either) as they both helped a bunch! Enjoy your B 2 B. They are wonderful!

You will have to go thru US immigration in FLL.

You will get a new cruise card a day or two in advance. When reboarding, you will have a new picture taken.

Usually, the cabin sewardd helps with the move.

Duty free liquor is delivered at the end of the first cruise if you have separate booking numbers. If you have one, just go to the duty free shop the last full day and make your purchase. They let you carry it to your cabin.

Hi:

Has anyone experienced switching cabins like this? Happens often.

Will we have to re-register and re-embark in Florida? You will recieve a letter with the procedures for the turn-around day. You will need to get off the ship and then reboard. You can either get off when you want early and do touring (there will be shore excursions for that day offered on the ship) or meet about 10 AM at a designated spot on the ship and get off and back on as a group. You will not need to fill out a customs form since you are not bringing your luggage into the USA then. You will be given a slittle card that shows you are continuing on the ship.

Get new cruise card, picture taken, etc? You will be issued a new cruise card. When you reboard the ship your picture will be taken to finish activating the card.

What about moving luggage? Pack up your suitcases with all but what is hanging in the closet. Your room steward will move the suitcases and hanging clothes to your new cabin.

We'd like to spend the day in Fort Lauderdale site seeing / shopping, rather than hanging around the pier, and moving cabins. No problem, you can tour on your own or take Princess sponsored excurions that day.

Also, if we buy duty free liquor on board the ship, will it be returned to our cabin after the first part of the cruise, or at the very end? Answered in a previous post

Thanks in advance.

CA

See above in red

Thanks so much, very helpful information!

I know we're going to love our b2b cruises!!!!

Does anyone have any info about the type of tours offered in Ft. Lauderdale for those doing the B2B?

Or suggestions on what do do on our own?

All I've seen involve going to the airport.

Thanks again.

CA

You will have to go thru US immigration in FLL.

You will get a new cruise card a day or two in advance. When reboarding, you will have a new picture taken.

Usually, the cabin sewardd helps with the move.

Duty free liquor is delivered at the end of the first cruise if you have separate booking numbers. If you have one, just go to the duty free shop the last full day and make your purchase. They let you carry it to your cabin.

Just got off a b2b on Emerald on Sunday and it was booked as 2 cruises with different booking #'s.I purchased some liquor for delivery between the cruises and when it was not in the cabin I went down to the store and it was sitting behind the desk.When I asked why,I was told that since I was in transit,it would be delivered the following week.I told them that that was unacceptable and a supervisor was called.She tried to tell me the same thing and I told her that I was disembarking between cruises and bringing the liquor to friends in Florida.She still balked so I suggested she call the Hotel Manager or void my order.Only then did she agree to me taking the package.The interesting thing is that on the final night of the second cruise,they tried to deliver the original order.I explained that it was received and they took the order back.

On the B2B I've done in Ft. Lauderdale there were no excursions offered that returned to the ship. There were excursions that ended at the airport for those that had a late flight.

With a cruise like the OP is doing there may be a large number of people doing B2B and something may be done but I would look at a Ft. Lauderdale tourism website, pick an attraction that you would be interested in and once cleared off the ship take a taxi to it. Cost to most areas would be $10 - 20 each way.

Archived