On a positive note

jrmuk

There has been an awful lot of negativity on this forum recently and so I would like to inject a little positivity and remind us what we love about travelling with Seabourn.

I recently returned for a 14 night cruise aboard the Odyssey. We sailed from Istanbul to Venice and had an absolutely fabulous time throughout. Our suite (419) although only an A1 was roomy, luxurious, very well appointed and maintained, it far exceeded our highest expectorations. The food and beverages were superb throughout our cruise, we ate in all of the restaurants and could not fault one thing we ate or drank. The bars served premium brand drinks and cocktails throughout. The entertainment was diverse and excellent quality. Everything about the ship said prestige. And the best of all, the crew, every single member of crew we came into contact with were first class professionals and would not be out of place in any super luxury establishment anywhere in the world. Let me tell you of a hiccup, during an extremely busy dinner service our waiter asked if we would like an after dinner liqueur, we said yes, a Gran Marnier would be lovely, in the melee he forgot, when we were leaving he noticed us and realised his mistake, he apologised profusely and asked where we were going, we told him the grand salon to watch the entertainment, as we arrived in the grand salon he appeared with the 2 Gran Marnier’s, above and beyond is all I can say. Things go wrong, that’s life, it’s how mistakes are taken care of that single the best out.

Here is a list (alphabetically) of some of the superb crew that took care of us who deserve an extra special thank you;

Antoinette - Various bars

Barman - The deck 5 club head barman (sorry I forgot your name)

Barry Hopkins - Entertainment Team

Bruno - Various bars

Carina - Various bars

Clarolyn - Entertainment Team

Claudia - MDR and Colonnade

Chris and Claudette - Entertainment Team

Jenny - Housekeeping

Julian MDR

Lynne – Guests services

Mario - Various bars

Raymond - Various bars

Zlot - MDR and Colonnade

So when we are feeling the need to dish some dirt (which we are all entitled to do) lets try to remember some of the positives and why Seabourn has such a following, it is an unbelievable experience, and whilst it may be equalled, I’m sure it is not surpassed anywhere - but beware, once bitten, forever smitten.

I agree with you and think sometimes people have an agenda from another cruise line. Change is hard, but not always all bad. If people are negative on here, they probably have a great deal of negativity in their personality. I would just as soon not be around them. If you are lucky enough to be able to afford and enjoy Seabourn, count your blessings!

There has been an awful lot of negativity on this forum recently and so I would like to inject a little positivity and remind us what we love about travelling with Seabourn.

I recently returned for a 14 night cruise aboard the Odyssey. We sailed from Istanbul to Venice and had an absolutely fabulous time throughout. Our suite (419) although only an A1 was roomy, luxurious, very well appointed and maintained, it far exceeded our highest expectorations. The food and beverages were superb throughout our cruise, we ate in all of the restaurants and could not fault one thing we ate or drank. The bars served premium brand drinks and cocktails throughout. The entertainment was diverse and excellent quality. Everything about the ship said prestige. And the best of all, the crew, every single member of crew we came into contact with were first class professionals and would not be out of place in any super luxury establishment anywhere in the world. Let me tell you of a hiccup, during an extremely busy dinner service our waiter asked if we would like an after dinner liqueur, we said yes, a Gran Marnier would be lovely, in the melee he forgot, when we were leaving he noticed us and realised his mistake, he apologised profusely and asked where we were going, we told him the grand salon to watch the entertainment, as we arrived in the grand salon he appeared with the 2 Gran Marnier’s, above and beyond is all I can say. Things go wrong, that’s life, it’s how mistakes are taken care of that single the best out.

Here is a list (alphabetically) of some of the superb crew that took care of us who deserve an extra special thank you;

Antoinette - Various bars

Barman - The deck 5 club head barman (sorry I forgot your name)

Barry Hopkins - Entertainment Team

Bruno - Various bars

Carina - Various bars

Clarolyn - Entertainment Team

Claudia - MDR and Colonnade

Chris and Claudette - Entertainment Team

Jenny - Housekeeping

Julian MDR

Lynne – Guests services

Mario - Various bars

Raymond - Various bars

Zlot - MDR and Colonnade

So when we are feeling the need to dish some dirt (which we are all entitled to do) lets try to remember some of the positives and why Seabourn has such a following, it is an unbelievable experience, and whilst it may be equalled, I’m sure it is not surpassed anywhere - but beware, once bitten, forever smitten.

:DSo enjoyed reading your review this morning, it reminded me why my DH and I fell in love with Seabourn last March on our 1st cruise aboard a SB ship. Counting the days until we again sail on Legend next March.

Shirley

Couldn't agree with you more. Have sailed on Seabourn several times in past five years and have found nothing to fault. We've done transatlantic, Valpo to Buenos Aires ... and are counting the days until Rome to Dubai on the Spirt this November. Haven't tried the newer ships yet, but many friends have done so and say great things. Thanks for your comments.

Yes, I agree -- kudos to you for the post. Seabourn is not perfect but it is pretty darn close to perfect. We board the Legend in on Saturday and after many wonderful cruise on the little sisters I am as excited as I was our first cruise.

Thank you for your happy review. There has been so much negativity on this board lately; I'm pleased someone else can find more positives than negatives on Odyssey.

It is, indeed, the officers and crew that have earned Seabourn it's many accolades for service and it was gracious of you to post some of their names. In my years of sailing Seabourn I have seen so many well-deserved promotions from within; our mentions of names in the final comments questionnaire helps those deserving folks in their sailing careers.

I look forward to my next cruise, on Sojourn, knowing I will be smilingly greeted by many crew with whom I have sailed on the other Seabourn ships. There are many cruise lines, a few of which are classified "luxury"; for me there is only Seabourn.

Winnie

It is so nice to read a positively written, realistic review here. I will be cruising on Seabourn for the first time in November. My only other experience with luxury, all-inclusive cruising was with SilverSea in March, where I had a fantastic time. Having enjoyed that so much, and having heard so much about the Seabourn experience, I am really looking forward to my first-ever trans-atlantic cruise Seabourn in November. My evaluation too will be based on not whether the experience was problem-free (is anything ever?) -- but how the problems are dealt with and resolved.

Thanks again for the refreshing, positive post.

I totally agree...Seabourn is the best and always will be...very friendly...expert at their chosen proffesion whether artistes , waiters, Cd's or M d's!!!!...:)those people who post anonymous comment about staff are unbelievable ...and must have extremely boring sad lives to watch others in such scrutiny and post complaints that don't really affect their cruise...

Myself and my husband had a great 1st cruise on Seabourn...the staff were amazing, the entertainment '1st class!'...a wonderful pianist/singer/comedienne, a great magician and fabulous singers in the cast..(from the shows that I went to ...the pianist and show company received 'standing ovations')what more can you want!No one offended anyone and we didn't hear one bad comment with the friends we made about the crew/officers/entertainers...all said they were fabulous people and having taught musicians and entertainers myself for many years, I know what a tough job they have and are away from there families for months at a time because of their jobs.

We, as passengers have to remember that the officers and crew have a life aswell...most of them are on board 9 months at a time and do so well serving the needs of people who can afford the cruises that we do...thumbs up for Seabourn!!!!...great to see young people working for the company that show such talent .

It was nice of you to name the crew members that made your cruise so enjoyable. We're quick to credit Seabourn, but it's ultimately the staff who make it happen.

As with all cruiselines, be sure to pass the names on to the management. Decisions about hiring and firing are mostly taken on the basis of guest satisfaction reviews.

Very sad to see my post is gone too. The only thing it said that if you have a good experience with members of staff on any cruiseline, don't just mention their names here on CC, but also on your comment card at the end of your cruise or in a letter to the management. They form an important instrument for the cruiselines whom to offer a new contract to.

Very sad to see my post is gone too. The only thing it said that if you have a good experience with members of staff on any cruiseline, don't just mention their names here on CC, but also on your comment card at the end of your cruise or in a letter to the management. They form an important instrument for the cruiselines whom to offer a new contract to.

whoops, my mistake! Sorry..

Host Dan

Thanks for your positive review. We are on Sojourn Rome to Lisbon 25th October. First time on Seabourn, but have cruised Alaska and Tahiti on Regent previously. Would have cruised the Med on Regent this time, but their timing did not suit us. Have been following the Seabourn boards for many months now, and we are really looking forward to our first Seabourn cruise.

Not sure how many Aussies will be on board, but we have always met wonderful Americans and Canadians on our previous cruises. We still stay in touch with a number of these new friends from earlier cruises.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Rod & Lyn :)

Archived