Preference Toilet Paper???

Soonerbaby

I saw this in the post with all of the tips. My husband was asking about it, so I wanted to make sure. I am guessing they have the industrial type toilet paper comparable to say....thin cardboard, but if you ask, they will bring regular TP? I ask because we will pack some otherwise. :p

Actually, the type that it's in the cabins is there for a reason. I would be very careful about bringing your own. What is provided is awful, but it's what is suitable for the ship's plumbing system. There's alot of things in life that I'll take chances with....plumbing is not one of them. Better you have less than optimal t.p. than a backed up toilet.

I saw this in the post with all of the tips. My husband was asking about it, so I wanted to make sure. I am guessing they have the industrial type toilet paper comparable to say....thin cardboard, but if you ask, they will bring regular TP? I ask because we will pack some otherwise. :p

I prefer Charmin with Aloe. No matter how much you bribe steward he can't get it for you.:D

If it's for a medical reason, I would bring my own, and instead of flushing the paper, throw it in the garbage can....this is what's done in most Asian countries....

Thats nasty, that what all the mexicans here do. Most places had to take trash cans out of stalls.

Isn't all TP biodegradable? (yes, some breakdown more quickly)

We bring Cottonelle, as the TP on the ship is cheap bulk purchased stuff. Many people don't have a problem with it, some do. I can recall 1 particular cruise (out of 50+) where we had issues with the plumbing. But with such a low occurrence, my guess is that the TP was not to blame.

They did not take THAT out of our suitcase on our recent trip... only our FAN!

Tom

I always figure that anyplace you go that provides the TP is a step ahead of a lot of places where you look for some non-poisonous leaves. The TP is selected for use on the ship for good reasons, and I dare say that very few of us are so ultra delicate that you can't get by, even with the industrial stuff, for a week or so.

I always figure that anyplace you go that provides the TP is a step ahead of a lot of places where you look for some non-poisonous leaves. The TP is selected for use on the ship for good reasons, and I dare say that very few of us are so ultra delicate that you can't get by, even with the industrial stuff, for a week or so.

I don't like camping (aka: "ROUGHING IT" for purposes of this thread).

Thus, when I go on vacation, I am not willing to sacrifice certain creature comforts when I am confident that doing so does not negatively impact others.

Tom

The TP is NOT cardboard! It's fine. You shouldn't flush anything except the ship's TP...that's probably why folks report the sewage smell, because some folks "clog up" the works with things that should NOT go into the ship's toilets.

No kleenex, no tampons, no diapers....

I think all TP is biodegradable. And yes, there is a reason they supply cardboard for TP - it's cheap!!!

And, I hate the fact someone even thinks the ship TP is good.

Take your own, we always have. We even pack TP when we travel using hotels. Just one of those certain things I can't live without and must have!

I guess a lot of people have not used or been resposible for their own entire septic system..RV..Boat...Home in Country or on Water...be good to your fellow man..keep toilets in running order..understandable..but we all have it sooo good...it's good to trust the situation and what they use...unless allergic etc...sjn911...IMHO

The TP is fine and at sea you usually need to use a special kind of paper as other posters have stated. I'd call CCL customer service and check 1st if you can use another type of tp.

Yep... now THERE is a reliable source! :rolleyes:

I think all TP is biodegradable. And yes, there is a reason they supply cardboard for TP - it's cheap!!!

And, I hate the fact someone even thinks the ship TP is good.

Take your own, we always have. We even pack TP when we travel using hotels. Just one of those certain things I can't live without and must have!

We don't leave home without it. Though I will say that when I was in Afghanistan, I did manage to make due with theirs.. but then again, there were not many luxuries there (I DID HAVE MY FAN)!!! :D

I guess a lot of people have not used or been resposible for their own entire septic system..RV..Boat...Home in Country or on Water...be good to your fellow man..keep toilets in running order..understandable..but we all have it sooo good...it's good to trust the situation and what they use...unless allergic etc...sjn911...IMHO

We had a septic tank for many years. TP is biodegradable (I think virtually all of them have said at one time or another that theirs are "safe for septic systems".)

Tom

Yep... now THERE is a reliable source! :rolleyes:

We had a septic tank for many years. TP is biodegradable (I think virtually all of them have said at one time or another that theirs are "safe for septic systems".)

Tom

Not all I'm afraid..many but not all...learned hard way..thank God it was my folks on a ranch and not really my responsibility..around here folks are pretty careful about soft but septic safe single-ply...growing water table issues small mountain valley surrounding small town areas..sjn911

And here I thought I have read everything on these boards. I thought it was bad enough that people had to have: bottled water, special brands of sodas, juices, computers, cell phones, blackberries, Ipods, curling irons, hot irons, flat irons, fans and the list went on and on but your own toilet paper just sent me over the top. I guess I am just not that fussy and for one week can live on a wonderful ship, eating great food and treated royally - my throne is just a different one.

And here I thought I have read everything on these boards. I thought it was bad enough that people had to have: bottled water, special brands of sodas, juices, computers, cell phones, blackberries, Ipods, curling irons, hot irons, flat irons, fans and the list went on and on but your own toilet paper just sent me over the top. I guess I am just not that fussy and for one week can live on a wonderful ship, eating great food and treated royally - my throne is just a different one.

Actually this topic has come up in multiple threads in the past. Nothing new about it (and I take the same stand I did before... or instead of standing, perhaps I too should SIT)! :)

Tom

Archived