Ruby Princess E209

Lynda90

Lynda,

Have you seen this diagram?

EmeraldObstructedView1-1.jpg

Keith, I haven't seen this before and I can't really tell what the cabin numbers are. Is it showing E209 as being one of the cabins directly behind the large tender and therefore completely obstructed? Thanks!

Keith's post shows 209 is behind one of the smaller boats, and you barely see the top portion of the window over the boat.

Thank you, Cheryl! I guess I'll pick another category. I was hoping to be able to see between the two boats, but I guess not. :p

Thank you, Cheryl! I guess I'll pick another category. I was hoping to be able to see between the two boats, but I guess not. :p

We have sailed in both types of OV rooms - above the small lifeboat and between them.

Just so you know.

The above the boat type, you get a FULL width of the window with view, and 1/3 or may be 1/4 of the window at the lower part is the lifeboat that obstructs your view. There is NO Crew would work on the top of the lifeboat. As long as the cabin is at the front part of the lifeboat, you just have a small lower part of your window being obstructed.

With the in between room, both sides of the window is blocked by lifeboat, as well as IN FRONT OF YOU, in the middle of the window, there is a working platform, about 1/2 of the height up your window, with cables and wires etc from the upper deck down to the working platform.

There are often crew members work on that platform for checking and maintence. So you may want to CLOSE your drape when that happens. Sometimes they came really early like before 7am.

The attached picture is from E201 on the Crown which is located much the same as E209. The view is OK.

The Deckplan shown in the earlier post above is from an older Princess Deckplan and is missing Rooms 120,121,201 and 202.

Many people who have trouble reading the information on that plan don't seem to know how to enlarge the view on their computer monitor. There are two ways in IE: 1) 'cntrl +' will continue to enlarge if you pump it, then 'cntrl 0' to return to normal size, 2) in the lower right corner of the of the status bar(if it is turned on) there is a small button that says '100%' you can tap that and set any enlargement you want.

201.jpg.b80303ace4efb5ff1d5fa02d507294f9.jpg

Archived