on victory now and not allowed

njsonja

They use that "nav" thing for every excuse..With all the lights on around the ship that stays on all night. Its funny how those dont "effect" Navigation. Just leave the cabin light on with the curtains open. That should light up the balcony enougth to read providing you sit in front of the window.

Kindle has come out with a new E-Reader that has a built in light. That might be something worthy looking into.

Actually, the light is in the cover. The Kindle, itself, does not have a light. You purchase the cover extra. I know as I just received my Kindle and ordered the cover with book light attached. It should work perfectly on a balcony. I'll know next year - LOL.

To put light on at night on balcony to read. The bridge has a cut off switch. This is my 26th cruise and the first time I heard of this on any cruise ship. They say it interferes with navigation.

Also no refrigerator in the rooms.

Part of the peasure of cruising is reading at night on the balcony. And this is the first time in years I have not had an in-room fridge.

Only 3 of the cruises have been on Carnival.

Congrats on 26 cruises, sorry you had this issue.

Maybe invest in night vision glasses? j/k

Have you tried to open drapes so light comes from room? (unless you have someone sleeping and dont want the light on)

Carnival has set it up (and made it too easy) so you read during the day and join the balcony club at night :eek:.

NO FRIDGE!!! How else are you supposed to have cool rum/whiskey/jack/vodka or beer or other delightful treat in your room without the fridge (chiller)?

We always take along a collapsable cooler that holds ice without leaking to put whatever we need to keep chilled just in case theres no fridge on one of the ships (they tell you on the carnival site when booking what class this is on)

Don't forget that Spirit class ships also have mini-fridges in their cabins!

I have never heard of not being able to use the light on my balcony at night - it's our favorite time to be out there, watching the stars and wake and reading until we're tired.

Considering the fact that the only time a light is necessary is at night is would seem redundant to install them and then not allow their use:confused:

That being said I distinctly remember using the balcony light on Freedom last year - perhaps it is up to each ship captain????

I have never seen any ships that had balconys directly below the bridge. The cabins below the bridge has windows only. There all behind the bridge wings. Even then the bridge wings are only used when entering and leaving port. I had a balcony behind the wings and all time when underway there was nobody there using them. I can see in from my balcony and read the Nav equipment with binaculars.

Archived