on victory now and not allowed

njsonja

To put light on at night on balcony to read. The bridge has a cut off switch. This is my 26th cruise and the first time I heard of this on any cruise ship. They say it interferes with navigation.

Also no refrigerator in the rooms.

Part of the peasure of cruising is reading at night on the balcony. And this is the first time in years I have not had an in-room fridge.

Only 3 of the cruises have been on Carnival.

Triumph-class ships do not have mini-bars/refrigerators in cabins lower than suites.

I do not ever recall ever being able to turn on the exterior balcony light while the ship was under sail.

To put light on at night on balcony to read. The bridge has a cut off switch. This is my 26th cruise and the first time I heard of this on any cruise ship. They say it interferes with navigation.

Part of the peasure of cruising is reading at night on the balcony. And this is the first time in years I have not had an in-room fridge.

On all of my cruises, the balcony light only worked while in port, it was always disabled while at sea.

Just add one of those reading lights to your packing list for next time. ;)

A couple of years back, I remember reading on the balcony way up into

the morning hours, and I our balcony light worked while at sea, but just got off the Valor and ours would not work.. I just thought the light was burnt out, didn't know they had turned the master switch off ..:o

The last two times we sailed on RCL (:eek:) our lights on the balcony did not work after dark. But we heard before about the lights interfering with the navigation. Kindle has come out with a new E-Reader that has a built in light. That might be something worthy looking into.

I've had them on, and I've had them off.

Book a newer ship for the fridge, and get a Kindle. No light needed.

I for one would be VERY happy if the balcony light didn't work at night. We've had the unfortunate experience (on a 10 day cruise, no less) of being next door to some neighbors that intentionally left their balcony light on for the entire cruise. We had the room steward turn it off, we left them a polite note asking them to turn it off, but they never did. It was unpleasant, because it shined right into our bed. No open drapes at night for us.

A booklight takes up very little room. Or even one of those headlamp flashlights works great for reading at night.

Hi MrPete - I seem to have lost thread on the Kindle (I think you had responded to it). For some reason it has been deleted. Do you know why? So odd! :confused:

your kindle topic got moved to the rcl forum for some odd reason, here is the link to your topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279891&highlight=

your kindle topic got moved to the rcl forum for some odd reason, here is the link to your topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279891&highlight=

LOL

No, I posted it over there, too. Carnival and RCCL have the most active boards, with the most intelligent people ;);), so I knew I would get a lot of good feedback. I'll just concentrate on the other thread. Thanks!

LOL

No, I posted it over there, too. Carnival and RCCL have the most active boards, with the most intelligent people ;);), so I knew I would get a lot of good feedback. I'll just concentrate on the other thread. Thanks!

then maybe it got deleted because the moderators considering the topic a duplicate?

You could request a refrigerator. They usually have some for people with medicines that need to be kept cool, but then you lose some of your cabin space.

As for the lights, some work, some don't and I've noticed that on a number of cruise lines. It is annoying to the neighbors, however. We always have a book light for reading and a laptop light for the laptop.

then maybe it got deleted because the moderators considering the topic a duplicate?

Maybe so. :rolleyes: Had a lot of good info on it.

Usually, if the thread gets moved elsewhere, it will say so on the main page. I just thought that maybe someone had said something nasty between my last post and checking back. Couldn't imagine what, though.

I for one would be VERY happy if the balcony light didn't work at night. We've had the unfortunate experience (on a 10 day cruise, no less) of being next door to some neighbors that intentionally left their balcony light on for the entire cruise. We had the room steward turn it off, we left them a polite note asking them to turn it off, but they never did. It was unpleasant, because it shined right into our bed. No open drapes at night for us.

A booklight takes up very little room. Or even one of those headlamp flashlights works great for reading at night.

You know, I was thinking the same thing!! I wouldn't like the light on at all at night :).

I could have sworn that I had a fridge in my balcony room on the victory. Can't remember about the light on the victory.

On the legend the light worked while at sea in the aft bal cause i had the problem of the neighbore in the wrap room leaving theirs on. I left a poite note and they turned it off and left it off.

I could have sworn that I had a fridge in my balcony room on the victory. Can't remember about the light on the victory.

On the legend the light worked while at sea in the aft bal cause i had the problem of the neighbore in the wrap room leaving theirs on. I left a poite note and they turned it off and left it off.

They are in the balcony staterooms. ;)

Archived