Teens Cruising

travelman2009

Im taking my 13 year and amd 17 year old on the Ruby princess cruise ship. We are boarding the cruise on February 18th 2011 when all the schools in the north-east will be closed. Can you tell me if there are alot of teens on the Ruby princess at this time for my teenagers to meet.:confused:

huge numbers. there may be 900 kids on board and of those 200+ in the teen program. We've cruised spring break (march) 3 times on Princess out of FLL beginning when my daughter was 13. She's loved the program. Ruby will have a nice large teen room and should have a good program.

Our next trip is this March and she's rather sad that at 17, it will be her last year with access to the teen room and program. She said she doesn't want to cruise once she's turned 18. :eek:

Im taking my 13 year and amd 17 year old on the Ruby princess cruise ship. We are boarding the cruise on February 18th 2011 when all the schools in the north-east will be closed. Can you tell me if there are alot of teens on the Ruby princess at this time for my teenagers to meet.:confused:

Although its not quite Spring Break there may be several hundred kids total.

You can call Princess anytime to get a number of kids on board in a breakdown by age group. You may want to call around the first of the year.

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise? You may find other families with similar aged kids.

To join, go to the boards menu and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on your cruise line. Then click on your ship. Finally, click on the thread for your sailing.

huge numbers. there may be 900 kids on board and of those 200+ in the teen program. We've cruised spring break (march) 3 times on Princess out of FLL beginning when my daughter was 13. She's loved the program. Ruby will have a nice large teen room and should have a good program.

Our next trip is this March and she's rather sad that at 17, it will be her last year with access to the teen room and program. She said she doesn't want to cruise once she's turned 18. :eek:

Are you sure you sail Feb 18th? we are on the Ruby Feb 20th....I know there are a few teens in our group, but feel free to come and join us on our roll call.

When we sailed on the Caribbean Princess this past summer, they had a group for 18-20 year olds called the Gray Zone, plus several activities each day for 18-25 year olds.

When we sailed on the Caribbean Princess this past summer, they had a group for 18-20 year olds called the Gray Zone, plus several activities each day for 18-20 year olds.

That's something good to know. When we're on CB in March, I'll watch for anything in the patter about that. See if they are continuing that program. Thanks!

That's something good to know. When we're on CB in March, I'll watch for anything in the patter about that. See if they are continuing that program. Thanks!

Prior to our recent CB cruise, I saw some Patters from when Dan Styne was the CD, and these 18-20 and 18-25 events were NOT offered. Same on our Canada/NE sailing in 2008 with Dan Styne as CD. In July, we had Neil Roberts as our CD, and even though he was the most boring and most ineffective CD we've ever traveled with, it was under his Cruise Directorship that these very positive young adult events were offered. So, I guess it's really up to whether or not a particular CD organizes these event, but it would be really nice to see them rolled out fleetwide to address this often-neglected segment of the cruising population

Prior to our recent CB cruise, I saw some Patters from when Dan Styne was the CD, and these 18-20 and 18-25 events were NOT offered. Same on our Canada/NE sailing in 2008 with Dan Styne as CD. In July, we had Neil Roberts as our CD, and even though he was the most boring and most ineffective CD we've ever traveled with, it was under his Cruise Directorship that these very positive young adult events were offered. So, I guess it's really up to whether or not a particular CD organizes these event

Makes a case for not waiting to see what's in the Patter, but instead seeking out the CD and requesting that such activities be scheduled.

Archived