Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Linda!

I, for one, love this color on you!

So, I went racing back to post #848 (this is where Linda posted what she thought was her green color party... those initial 3 pictures... I'm so glad that you left them up so that I could compare)...

I think that this honeydew color on you does exactly what CJW was discussing in one of his blog posts on his website. I can't remember the date but he was describing how wearing your proper colors was THE replacement for a tanning bed: how wonderful your skin tone looked in proper colors and how washed out you would be if you wore improper colors. I definitely think the greens that you had on in post #848 were definitely too cool for you, because your skin tone looks an unhealthy porcelain in those postings. The new posting makes you look years younger and healthier.

Are you getting over that whole "skunky" experience. Your poor eyes look like they're suffering with allergies! I think it's interesting that wearing this color from the palette brings color to your lips, eyes, and hair. Those post #848 pictures just washed all the color out of your lips!

Well, my vote is... this color is a keeper for you! We'll see what everyone else says. But, I think it's great. And I can't wait to see you in the purpleberry, cyan, and chocolate! When you bought the ivory..., that was the only color that I hadn't previewed IRL, so I didn't know if it would work. I tell you... I wish that they had better people writing descriptions. It's unbelievable that they would shoot silver threads thru ivory! But, designers do that all the time: they get a nice warm, bright print and they shoot some optic white or blue black through it that just ruins it for us! It's tough when you have to rely on internet orders. Like I said before, if you need a quick Chico's opinion, let me know.

Linda!

I, for one, love this color on you!

So, I went racing back to post #848 (this is where Linda posted what she thought was her green color party... those initial 3 pictures... I'm so glad that you left them up so that I could compare)...

I think that this honeydew color on you does exactly what CJW was discussing in one of his blog posts on his website. I can't remember the date but he was describing how wearing your proper colors was THE replacement for a tanning bed: how wonderful your skin tone looked in proper colors and how washed out you would be if you wore improper colors. I definitely think the greens that you had on in post #848 were definitely too cool for you, because your skin tone looks an unhealthy porcelain in those postings. The new posting makes you look years younger and healthier.

Are you getting over that whole "skunky" experience. Your poor eyes look like they're suffering with allergies! I think it's interesting that wearing this color from the palette brings color to your lips, eyes, and hair. Those post #848 pictures just washed all the color out of your lips!

Well, my vote is... this color is a keeper for you! We'll see what everyone else says. But, I think it's great. And I can't wait to see you in the purpleberry, cyan, and chocolate! When you bought the ivory..., that was the only color that I hadn't previewed IRL, so I didn't know if it would work. I tell you... I wish that they had better people writing descriptions. It's unbelievable that they would shoot silver threads thru ivory! But, designers do that all the time: they get a nice warm, bright print and they shoot some optic white or blue black through it that just ruins it for us! It's tough when you have to rely on internet orders. Like I said before, if you need a quick Chico's opinion, let me know.

I have to admit, I do like the honeydew! Now, that I have it, I have something to compare more greens to. Now if I could just find it in some things for winter. DH likes the color also, as well as the cadmium and choc chip. Those pieces I am definitely keeping. Thanks ever so much for the tip. I never would have ordered it by looking at this picture with the white/silver jewelry though.352563t.jpg

As for the ivory jacket, it's not a warm white at all -at least not what I preceive ivory as. The funny thing is I can't find it anymore on the site to even link you to it.

"Skunky" is dissapating slowly. The neighborhood has a resident momma and 7 babies! They were spotted last Sunday at our office and neighbors claim their dogs left them alone, so someones cat may have startled them. Who knows.... I've been taking my allergy meds and hope my eyes will clear up soon. Getting old is no fun at all!

Edited by snuggles

OMG...100% better!!!

2h830as.jpg2j17688.jpg

Gorgeous color on you Linda! I love it!

Kim...you have pretty blues! It almost looks like column 1 are very similar to each other...and column 2 is similar to each other. I bet you look fab in all of those! I wonder about the print though...I remember that dress, and I know you said the background was more cream colored than white...it'll be interesting to see how it compares.

Debbie,

Some of us are really fast and get to see things others don't! So, timing being what it is... I got to see your purpleberry pic! It is great; I don't know what changed your mind about posting the link.

But, here are some tidbits. Make your album private so no one has access to your pictures unless you give them specific link permissions. And, when you want to post a picture, use the IMG information in the box... not the HTTP information. The IMG information will post the actual picture while the HTTP information will post a link to the picture.

If, at some point in the future, you decide that you don't want the picture to be posted here on CC, then you can just delete the image in your album. All copies of the picture will be deleted on CC; if you post a link, then someone could copy your picture from the link and you won't be able to get rid of it forever and ever... kwim?

Kim, I think your blues look wonderful. The print does look blue and white on my monitor. I like the print and would like to see how it compares with the solid blues.

I was only able to view my pictures on my iPhone until yesterday. I understand now why everyone had so much trouble. The pictures came out fine on my phone, but were very, very dark on my computer monitor. WUWT?

I am attempting to post a picture I took this morning in my alternate location. Someone let me know how this translates on your screen, please? Linda isn't the only that has been visited by the Chicos Fairy. This is my new favorite t-shirt in purpleberry.

photo.jpg

Yea! It posted. I tried earlier on my reply to Linda's honeydew picture, but did something wrong. I think I have the hang of this now........maybe.

--Debbie

WOW Debbie...that is FABULOUS!

I know what purpleberry looks like IRL and that isn't at ALL what I remember it looking like...BUT, the effect of that color on you skin tone is easy to see...and you look wonderful!

I like this photo...I think that we could use photos in this location for comparing what happens to your skin tone! They may all have an overall bluish cast to it...but I think it will be consistent!

WOW Debbie...that is FABULOUS!

I know what purpleberry looks like IRL and that isn't at ALL what I remember it looking like...BUT, the effect of that color on you skin tone is easy to see...and you look wonderful!

I like this photo...I think that we could use photos in this location for comparing what happens to your skin tone! They may all have an overall bluish cast to it...but I think it will be consistent!

Thanks, Anita. On our way back into the wilds of no bars coverage camping land, but wanted to let you know I agree the picture is much bluer than iRL. Good to know it is better though. I'll work from there then.

Sorry I can't join in the conversation, but I'm able to read sporadically until Monday. Zumba Monday evening, so it will be sometime on Tuesday before I can post pics. Talk to everybody soon. --Debbie

PS - just realized the reason for the blue cast. Duh-- the walls are the prettiest shade of blue in that room. WOW!

Edited by aoknkentucky

Debbie,

What a beautiful, beautiful color on you! No wonder you love purple so much.

I did run to my closet to take a look at the purpleberry that I have, and although it doesn't look exactly like the picture... picture vs IRL... I can absolutely tell that the picture captures the essence of the color. It's just a bit shaded looking in the picture... but it looks really, really good.

Now, I think we have some pictures that we can see what a good, true FIRE looks like on you.. this one and the cadmium red. So I think we'll have a much better shot at your green color party. Do you think you could do the weeding out and focusing for your green that Anita did with her blue? Poor Anita; she's blue bereft. I, on the other hand, am blue endowed. Will have to wait until the end of the week because of my travel schedule. By then, I should be very far, far behind....

:eek:

Kim, I think your blues look wonderful. The print does look blue and white on my monitor. I like the print and would like to see how it compares with the solid blues.

I was only able to view my pictures on my iPhone until yesterday. I understand now why everyone had so much trouble. The pictures came out fine on my phone, but were very, very dark on my computer monitor. WUWT?

I am attempting to post a picture I took this morning in my alternate location. Someone let me know how this translates on your screen, please? Linda isn't the only that has been visited by the Chicos Fairy. This is my new favorite t-shirt in purpleberry.

photo.jpg

Yea! It posted. I tried earlier on my reply to Linda's honeydew picture, but did something wrong. I think I have the hang of this now........maybe.

--Debbie

Oh Debbie, I love that color on you~ Dh really liked most of my purchases. I'm keeping quite a few this time! :eek: My poor credit card is having a heart attack!!! But, I need to replace so many things it's outrageous. Mostly what I have is to big and the wrong color.

Yeah, you're getting the hang of posting pics!!!! Great work.

Linda,

honeydew looks super de duper on you!!! It's a HIT really notice your eyes and hair color with this top. You look great :D

Debbie,

I love the purpleberry on you. It's a HIT too. Again, I just think your eyes look so pretty. You know, I think we should all buy something in the exact same color, take pictures and post them. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Anita,

excellent pictures. They really tell the story, don't they? I love the dark denim on you! I agree tha the sleeveless denim gets a thumbs down. Why not leave the 2 blue tops in the play clothes pile :p

Since the blue sweater is a cardigan, why not keep it and put it over a top that is a great EARTH match. It does bring out a pretty blueness in your eyes.

After seeing your denim pics, I think I would like to do a party in denim too and pics also. I KNOW most of my denim is probably AIR :(

I'll do some blue pictures of myself tomorrow. The dress isn't a real FIRE but, I've had a a while and it's so cute on a cruise. I'm just not ready to part with it yet I don't think?

WARNING...WARNING...cute dresses that are a flattering style but a bad color?...where have I just dealt with that?...you may be ready to part with said dress if you see bad photos! :eek::rolleyes:

Good morning, ladies.

Today is my get-ready day for tomorrow's trip. DH did a bit of pre-planning (yeah!) so we know we should leave around 10:00am so that we can get to Yuma for a late lunch. DH located both a Famous Dave's and a Texas Roadhouse in Yuma! Yeah! I love me some b-b-q... So the plan is to have a late lunch and then have a very light dinner in La Jolla. We will be arriving early evening, settling in...

I don't have to pack a lot because this is a very short trip. I just need my road trip clothes for Monday and Thursday. I'll be in my Tuesday outfit for the entire day... just meeting with my brother, SIL, 2 nieces for a bit of San Diego tourist activities and family meals. Wednesday I will need 2 outfits: a day time for doing more tourist activity with just DH and myself and then a spectacular dinner date with a cousin and wife in a favorite restaurant in La Jolla that we haven't been to in years!

In thinking of my packing, I was reflecting on the effort of the green color party and the benefit that it brought my way! In a nutshell, as a result of doing that project: I rushed down to the hairdresser and got myself back to my radiant-ness. I will bring Anita a wardrobe addition and say a loving goodbye to a top that I thought looked good on me and now isn't part of my idea of "fun" to wear. I took my formal dress to the tailor because I have lost some inches and the straps were miserably falling down on my last cruise AND I also brought in the top that Debbie voted as her FAV and got rave reviews from others. That is a funny thing... because that particular top was headed to the donate pile. As I mentioned, I've lost quite a bit of inches around the waist and ribcage and that top was looking like a box on me. I thought about trying for Anita's corset belt idea but there was just so much fabric that it almost looked like a skirt beneath the belts that I tried... SO... I wasn't thinking about having it altered but that's exactly what I did! So, now I'll have a great fitting top that's a great color for me. :D

I feel very positive about my green color party! And I bought a honeydew top for $7.13.. wtg, right, Kim?!? It's a bit different because it has a 100%silk front... it was called a Refined Silky Tank, fyi. I'm really confident in the color.

So, as far as my greens go... I trust every single green in my closet. I know that the more blue/green top will make it to the donate pile before any of the others will. I wouldn't put any money into alterations for that as it falls into the OK category...but not the best.

I have been on the look out for green accessories. Not that easy to find green in a yellow-gold setting. I've found a bunch of green that has been set in more brass-y gold or antique gold. You know... it's like trying to find turquoise that ISN'T set in sterling silver. Turquoise set in gold is stunningly beautiful... but very hard to find... and very expensive. I think that the jewelry designers must think that green stones are enhanced with darker gold... I guess I'll have to find some with the brilliant gold to find out if I like it... so the hunt continues...

Anyway, a big shoutout to Kim for coming up with this idea. Yes, a lot of work. But very rewarding....

Update on my color intervention: I've sent CJW the pictures he asked for and have just sent him another batch of "requests" and wow... I must say that those pictures are PAINFUL to send. No makeup and hair pulled into a ponytail and I look AWFUL. But I did it. I honestly can't say I look good in ANY of the pictures but hopefully he sees something different. What I can say is that the picture of my eye was one of the hardest to get... dh and I tried multiple times and settings on the camera and got something "fair" but not great. But I can say that I don't have much other color in my eyes except brown. Just dark dark brown. But again, maybe he sees something different. I'm anxiously waiting his analysis. Can't wait. Must start culling my wardrobe.

by

Soft Lime... ICE

Terra Green... EARTH (I think; it's very muted)

Just an FYI for you ladies who rely on internet ordering.

ChollaC! We're hanging in there with you! Trust me; those pictures are being seen with a whole different analytical consideration than you are giving them. You just know how much better you look wearing makeup and having your hair frame your face... so you may think you look bad. It's going to be so interesting to know! Fingers crossed that your wait will be over soon.... :D

My blues (3 of the blue tops in my color party), 1 denim jacket and (copying off of Anita) and a control picture in the green shrug that most of you liked. I have on no foundation but, I do have on mascara, blue eyeliner and eyebrow pencil and a little blush.

This set is: 3 blue tops from the color party and the green shrug.

003-1.jpg

The next set is: denim jacket, green shrug and "said" dress.

009-1.jpg

Open for opinions and suggestions!

Today is my get-ready day for tomorrow's trip. DH did a bit of pre-planning (yeah!) so we know we should leave around 10:00am so that we can get to Yuma for a late lunch. DH located both a Famous Dave's and a Texas Roadhouse in Yuma! Yeah! I love me some b-b-q... So the plan is to have a late lunch and then have a very light dinner in La Jolla. We will be arriving early evening, settling in...

Have a safe and fun trip. It sounds like a good time! You have your packing under control I think ;)

Chico's sale, don't be tempted

by

Soft Lime... ICE

Terra Green... EARTH (I think; it's very muted)

Just an FYI for you ladies who rely on internet ordering.

Thanks, I had seen those colors when I was at Chico's the other day.

What was the overall thought of the "pollen" color from Chico's on me? I think it matched the color cards spot on but, online it looked a little muted and I'm wishy-washy as to how it looks on me. Thoughts????

ChollaC! We're hanging in there with you! Trust me; those pictures are being seen with a whole different analytical consideration than you are giving them. You just know how much better you look wearing makeup and having your hair frame your face... so you may think you look bad. It's going to be so interesting to know! Fingers crossed that your wait will be over soon.... :D

What Pam said, ChollaChick!

Kim! You sparkle in your blues! LOVE IT! Healthy, vibrant, glowing!

I think that denim works. I don't know if it's because the picture is a little blurry? But you are quite as vibrant in that photo...but your skin tone is still very good...eyes just aren't popping as much...is that an overshirt? It's a keeper.

That dress needs ACCESSORIES. It isn't horrible (not by a long shot, it isn't bad like my navy dress). It would put it in a "good" category, because it isn't necessarily bad. HOWEVER...if you could find a scarf in that blue...something that would bring more blue fabric around your face...something long and summery...flowy...or perhaps a shrug...I don't know if a necklace would be enough? But SOMETHING to get more vibrant color closer to your face...then I think that dress could move up to "better"...but I don't think it will ever be "best." KWIM?

What was the overall thought of the "pollen" color from Chico's on me? I think it matched the color cards spot on but, online it looked a little muted and I'm wishy-washy as to how it looks on me. Thoughts????

I think you have color in pollen! The photo got just a different enough angle so that your face is kind of shadowed...the photo with the green though, it isn't looking muted to me. I think it's good. It is feeling to clear for me...

Kim! You sparkle in your blues! LOVE IT! Healthy, vibrant, glowing!

I think that denim works. I don't know if it's because the picture is a little blurry? But you are quite as vibrant in that photo...but your skin tone is still very good...eyes just aren't popping as much...is that an overshirt? It's a keeper.

Sorry for the delay, I had to take a break for Desperate Housewives :D

I LOVE the FIRE blues! I don't think the denim is that bad either. It's actually a jacket. I think it would look good with a true FIRE top underneath, don't you? The denim seems to me to have a brightness to it and the buttons aren't gold but, bronze and so is the zipper. I think it stays in the good clothes pile.

That dress needs ACCESSORIES. It isn't horrible (not by a long shot, it isn't bad like my navy dress). It would put it in a "good" category, because it isn't necessarily bad. HOWEVER...if you could find a scarf in that blue...something that would bring more blue fabric around your face...something long and summery...flowy...or perhaps a shrug...I don't know if a necklace would be enough? But SOMETHING to get more vibrant color closer to your face...then I think that dress could move up to "better"...but I don't think it will ever be "best." KWIM?

Oh dear Lord, a scarf--my most feared accessory :eek: I think they look great on others but, I have absolutely no idea what to do with them!

Anyone want to help find an accessory for this dress???? There's quite a bit of room chest-wise for some kind of an accessory, isn't there ;)

I was pretty sure it wasn't a "best" and was just hoping it could make the cut somehow. I never wear it here at home but, I do think it's cute for a cruise.

I feel very positive about my green color party! And I bought a honeydew top for $7.13.. wtg, right, Kim?!?

Pam, I forgot to say, WTG girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my kind of shopping :D

I think you have color in pollen! The photo got just a different enough angle so that your face is kind of shadowed...the photo with the green though, it isn't looking muted to me. I think it's good. It is feeling to clear for me...

Anita, could you clarify this for me? I'm not sure I'm following.