Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

ok.

I'm being brave. I know this is bad. But it's a Joseph Ribkoff! What's the big deal? It's a Joseph Ribkoff! OK. I bought this a long time ago; and I used to love it. I admit that every single time that I wear it... I get lots and lots of compliments... on the DRESS... as in... that's a beautiful DRESS... and I think it is too! I know that it's not the best on me. And I know, especially since the camera is telling me very distinctly, that it really doesn't do me any favors in the skin coloring arena; it makes my chest look all splotchy... well, like I've had too much sun. Funny how the outfit from the day before didn't do that to me... and this one does. Did I mention that it's a Joseph Ribkoff! Oh well....

2i0xfgk.jpg

I think you are totally right with this dress. The black just isn't good for us, is it? But, you are oh, so, correct about the dress. It's beautiful!!! The dress looks great on you too--now if only it was a nice chocolate brown :)

Starting off the day in Lisbon, the morning was cool enough that I thought this outfit would be OK. I was mistaken. As the day warmed up, wow, I got so uncomfortable. I needed to take a coverup so I could go into the cathedrals. By the end of the day, I didn't care if I was able to go into the cathedrals. Off came the jacket, but the mistake that I made was that I didn't also take off the long necklace. The necklace really needs the jacket to look good; otherwise, it just looks too heavy and not that stylish, IMO, on me. Maybe the earrings and the necklace were just too much. idk. I just know it didn't work.

Another Chico's outfit. Yes, I shop at Chico's a LOT for my travel wardrobe. The jacket is called Cord Carella Bouquet in Camel. The tank top is shimmery gold; denim jeggings. The earrings and necklace are from Cache. Siren Sport shoes by Merrell.

The first picture is the beginning of the day...

2j2gwef.jpg

Just saying "Lisbon" sounds exciting and exotic. It's on my "list" to go to sometime. How fortunate you are to be able to go to such wonderful places!

A "hit" again! Your shoes are so cute, I love them. You look so nice and fit here too :)

This is my opinion on the jewelry--this makes me nervous to make a comment on something I really don't know too much about--accessorizing! But, we're friends and hopefully this will be a learning tool comment for both of us. Maybe others will chime in too???? I think the jewelry is a little much for the outfit. Your outfit looks a little casual for the jewelry. Although, I don't really wear much jewelry at home or anywhere else because I'm not comfortable with how to wear it :o

119z2ia.jpg __________________

What a fantastic picture of both you and your DH!!!! What a lovely couple you make. You both look so happy and the background is cool too. I love old buildings and how they age.

Your outfit is great and your DH's shirt is a wowza color for him.

Pam, you make a great point about your purse. I'm usually pretty careful with mine. I like to wear it cross body. I look like a goofball but, I feel like it's a bit safer that way and it keeps my hands free too. Do you juggle around with a camera too? I do and I would be one to set my purse down and it would be gone in a nanosecond.

I can't imagine losing my passport. I would have a panic attack for sure. I never carry mine out and about, I carry just a copy and I leave my "real" passport in the safe.

I can't wait for more pictures. I am totally loving this :D

We are on the last days of the cruise, and I'm feeling pretty tired. The ship has wonderful activities; the shore excursions are fabulous. The main problem that I have is that Europe is so much warmer than we thought it was going to be, and the heat is making me feel really tired (which is surprising since I live in Arizona and I'm used to the heat).

If I remember right, tonight was an early night... catch up on sleep. This top is from Cache; the label only says "blue." Anita looked at this for me and gave me a thumbs-up. I had some trouble deciding whether this was Fire or Ice; I trust Anita.

6ojsps.jpg

Shore excursion in Cadiz (Seville), Spain!

A Tommy Bahamas green tank, Chico's Glow Stick no-iron shirt, Chico's Platinum Leg Reg Jean Soft Sand Wash. I HAD to wear the shirt over the tank because of the cathedral in Cadiz that I really wanted to see. It was HOT. Let me tell you: before I go back to Europe, I have got to find some short of light cotton shrug that you can wear to cover your shoulders/bare arms. I really don't get the big "deal" about having bare shoulders; I don't want to be disrespectful, but I sure don't understand why that is such a big, big deal. But, don't let anyone tell you differently: it's a big deal. I saw ladies being asked to not enter the cathedral because of their sleeveless attire, even though they were dressed conservatively otherwise.

Another problem that I had was footwear: I really wanted to wear my capris, but :eek: those shoes just wouldn't have gone with capris, IMO. I need to find some shoes that will be able to be cobblestone-friendly, walk-friendly, supportive, comfortable, great looking with shorter length bottoms. Is that too much to ask? Oh, and affordable, and not weigh too much or take up too much luggage room. Please?

b994d0.jpg

Lunch in Florence.

OK. Is everybody else past this? I bought this top because... because of the scene!... of all things. It's a scene of Venice. You can't really tell in the picture, but it's a Venice canal with a gondolier. It's warm colors. It's muted. I knew that when I bought it, which was an impulsive buy and just because I thought it was "cute." You know... going to Venice... wearing a Venice scene. OK; I'm over it. This is the last time that I do something like this. The gold necklace did NOT make up for the muted nature of this top; not at all. I thought MAYBE it would?? Camera is telling me the truth. Anita might not even want this one.... because I don't think it's going to go with her new Jeweled Jacket!...

2956zyw.jpg

By now, you ladies have seen just about everything in my suitcase for this trip. I have one more embarkation outfit to show you... because... it incorporates the debated white capris. I'll show you one shore excursion outfit that also used the debated white capris.

On the balcony of Voyager of the Seas:

jskgee.jpg

And on the island of Messina (Sicily), Italy:

2a50tq8.jpg

Do we need some cocktails or a glass of chilled white wine? I think I do.

Now, I was mighty brave posting these, don't you think?

I invite conversation and discussions about my choices, accessories, shoes, colors, etc. Sunglasses, earrings, hair... whatever we want to talk about.

Who's up next?

My next cruise is to the Caribbean. That should be fun! Different. I already know some things that I will definitely do; some things that I will get rid of (Venice scene top!). I need to do some shopping to supplement: shoes, for sure. I need some beach coverups and sundresses. Sorry, but I just don't have the :eek: courage to post a picture of my swimsuit (well, with me in it). I need a new formal dress because (even though it's a Joseph Ribkoff... in case I didn't mention that..) I think that I can make a better choice and feel better that evening. I could tell by the pictures that I was taking that evening that I didn't really feel fabulous in that black, sequins notwithstanding.

And, it's interesting. The gold hoop earrings and snakeskin dangle earrings that I wore made so much more of an impact than the dainty, expensive jewel earrings that I wore. I was surprised at that. Maybe it's a function of the camera and the pictures and IRL they make a statement. IDK.

So I'm planning for the next cruise, a few months from now... late October. Any help you can give me to improve my "eye" would be so appreciated. Any advice tht you could give me as well...

I now want to see someone else's pictodiary of their vacation. It's WORK, Kim! But, it's worth it because the camera really tells a story, doesn't it?

We DO need cocktails! And/or chilled wine!

You WERE very brave posting all these pictures. And it is great fun to see a FIRE travel wardrobe in action!

I don't want to lead the discussion about the white capris...I'd like to hear what the other ladies have to say.

Here's my opinion on the Venice scene shirt though...what doesn't look right in the picture is the necklace...because the necklace doesn't go with the shirt...you have an EARTHy shirt and a FIRE necklace...the two don't mix...it's like...you need to just resign yourself to the fact that you are wearing a shirt that you like enough and have fun wearing the shirt...and have your jewelry be in keeping with the shirt...maybe you need to find a multi-metal necklace?...something that has BRONZE (the prefered EARTH metal) and gold?...or CHOCOLATE...a clear, rich brown like the travelers fabric...don't try to compensate for the shirt...just know that it won't be a BEST shirt...and if you love it...keep it.

LOVE the blues...absolutely LOVE the blues...love it with the gold...love it with the green...LOVE IT!! And that series just goes to show how you can mix and match your colors all around when they are in the same color palatte.

We are on the last days of the cruise, and I'm feeling pretty tired. The ship has wonderful activities; the shore excursions are fabulous. The main problem that I have is that Europe is so much warmer than we thought it was going to be, and the heat is making me feel really tired (which is surprising since I live in Arizona and I'm used to the heat).

If I remember right, tonight was an early night... catch up on sleep. This top is from Cache; the label only says "blue." Anita looked at this for me and gave me a thumbs-up. I had some trouble deciding whether this was Fire or Ice; I trust Anita.

6ojsps.jpg

Shore excursion in Cadiz (Seville), Spain!

A Tommy Bahamas green tank, Chico's Glow Stick no-iron shirt, Chico's Platinum Leg Reg Jean Soft Sand Wash. I HAD to wear the shirt over the tank because of the cathedral in Cadiz that I really wanted to see. It was HOT. Let me tell you: before I go back to Europe, I have got to find some short of light cotton shrug that you can wear to cover your shoulders/bare arms. I really don't get the big "deal" about having bare shoulders; I don't want to be disrespectful, but I sure don't understand why that is such a big, big deal. But, don't let anyone tell you differently: it's a big deal. I saw ladies being asked to not enter the cathedral because of their sleeveless attire, even though they were dressed conservatively otherwise.

Another problem that I had was footwear: I really wanted to wear my capris, but :eek: those shoes just wouldn't have gone with capris, IMO. I need to find some shoes that will be able to be cobblestone-friendly, walk-friendly, supportive, comfortable, great looking with shorter length bottoms. Is that too much to ask? Oh, and affordable, and not weigh too much or take up too much luggage room. Please?

b994d0.jpg

I LOVE these 2 colors on you. Now that I've seen the whole pictodiary, I absolutely LOVE our greens on you!! The blues are wonderful too.

Again, I'm just not a fan of white on you (or myself!). I just think it detracts from the beautiful FIRE colors that are going on. I like these sandy colored pants with your outfits better.

I want to tell you that the backgrounds for the pictures you've chosen have been great! I love the different scenery and the different areas of the ship.

By now, you ladies have seen just about everything in my suitcase for this trip. I have one more embarkation outfit to show you... because... it incorporates the debated white capris. I'll show you one shore excursion outfit that also used the debated white capris.

On the balcony of Voyager of the Seas:

jskgee.jpg

And on the island of Messina (Sicily), Italy:

2a50tq8.jpg

Add two more "hits" to the tally :D

Edited by Joby

Do we need some cocktails or a glass of chilled white wine? I think I do.

Now, I was mighty brave posting these, don't you think?

I invite conversation and discussions about my choices, accessories, shoes, colors, etc. Sunglasses, earrings, hair... whatever we want to talk about.

Who's up next?

My next cruise is to the Caribbean. That should be fun! Different. I already know some things that I will definitely do; some things that I will get rid of (Venice scene top!). I need to do some shopping to supplement: shoes, for sure. I need some beach coverups and sundresses. Sorry, but I just don't have the :eek: courage to post a picture of my swimsuit (well, with me in it). I need a new formal dress because (even though it's a Joseph Ribkoff... in case I didn't mention that..) I think that I can make a better choice and feel better that evening. I could tell by the pictures that I was taking that evening that I didn't really feel fabulous in that black, sequins notwithstanding.

And, it's interesting. The gold hoop earrings and snakeskin dangle earrings that I wore made so much more of an impact than the dainty, expensive jewel earrings that I wore. I was surprised at that. Maybe it's a function of the camera and the pictures and IRL they make a statement. IDK.

So I'm planning for the next cruise, a few months from now... late October. Any help you can give me to improve my "eye" would be so appreciated. Any advice tht you could give me as well...

I now want to see someone else's pictodiary of their vacation. It's WORK, Kim! But, it's worth it because the camera really tells a story, doesn't it?

I'm in for the wine ;)

Pam, you are brave! It takes a bit of intestinal fortitude to post these pictures. I don't know if you felt this way but, I felt kind of conceited posting pictures of just me. It is also hard to know that there are so many lurkers who don't post and, do you wonder what they are thinking and why they look in but, don't say anything?

I'm up for conversation and discussion. I've given some of my opinions.

Oh, another cruise in the future, what fun! another pictodiary, I hope?

Here's my opinion on the Venice scene shirt though...what doesn't look right in the picture is the necklace...because the necklace doesn't go with the shirt...you have an EARTHy shirt and a FIRE necklace...the two don't mix...it's like...you need to just resign yourself to the fact that you are wearing a shirt that you like enough and have fun wearing the shirt...and have your jewelry be in keeping with the shirt...maybe you need to find a multi-metal necklace?...something that has BRONZE (the prefered EARTH metal) and gold?...or CHOCOLATE...a clear, rich brown like the travelers fabric...don't try to compensate for the shirt...just know that it won't be a BEST shirt...and if you love it...keep it.

I see what you are saying, Anita about mixing the FIRE jewelry and EARTH shirt BUT, why do others say that if it just is'nt the absolutely correct top for a, fill in the blank season, then help it along with jewelry or a scarf or something that IS correct for your seasonal palette?

I can see both ways possibly.

Pam, I do LOVE the gold necklace. It's lovely. I wish I had the nerve to wear bolder jewelry :) It looks great on you too.

I'm in for the wine ;)

Pam, you are brave! It takes a bit of intestinal fortitude to post these pictures. I don't know if you felt this way but, I felt kind of conceited posting pictures of just me. It is also hard to know that there are so many lurkers who don't post and, do you wonder what they are thinking and why they look in but, don't say anything?

I'm up for conversation and discussion. I've given some of my opinions.

Oh, another cruise in the future, what fun! another pictodiary, I hope?

Kim, I know! Exactly! It felt like I was hogging the conversation and taking over the party. Well, since you had said that to me before when you posted your last cruise pictures... and I enjoyed seeing those so much... I just kept on because I felt like, embarassing as it felt, that I was just showing my outfits to my friends. It was like a small little private fashion show.

What's so terrible is that when I look at the pictures I can get super critical. It was so hard to try to take good pictures! My DH said that he's never had me be so willing to take pictures before! :p usually I hate to have my picture taken.

Now, I'm liking the way that the camera lets you evaluate things. I swear; I think I'd be better off taking a camera with me into the dressing room at stores. It's very interesting how the camera highlights "hits" and "misses," isn't it? But, it also highlights.... <ahem> well... posture, for one thing.... uh.. ill-fitting clothes for another... and... hair that went through some humidity and wind on a HOHO bus!... good grief.

Story: When I had a perennial flower bed in California that was an ongoing, tremendous project, I used to see everything that needed to be done... dead heading spent flowers... dividing overgrown perennials... weeding... filling in bare spots. I saw all the negative spaces. I had a ladies' luncheon and a woman told me that the perennial bed was beautiful. I told her that it needed some maintenance. What she saw? Beautiful flowers... spectacular color combinations... buds ready to burst.. scent... beauty...

Sometimes it's hard to see the beauty when you're working with the details. KWIM?

I see what you are saying, Anita about mixing the FIRE jewelry and EARTH shirt BUT, why do others say that if it just is'nt the absolutely correct top for a, fill in the blank season, then help it along with jewelry or a scarf or something that IS correct for your seasonal palette?

I can see both ways possibly.

I think it depends on what you are mixing...and whether or not at some level, what you are mixing goes. For instance, a black dress...not really great on anyone but an ICE, and yet, I bet everyone of us still has a black dress in their closet.

I do. It's a fabulous sleeveless, A-line dress from Chico's in travelers fabric. The fit is fabulous. The drape. It's a classic and since I don't have a replacement for it, I keep it. I have a bronze colored jacket (also from Chico's) that looks great with the dress. And the bronze jacket is DEFINITELY me. Combine this with subtle, that is, muted jewelry...which definitely works with the scoop neckline of the dress...and I can take that black dress that shouldn't work on me...and make it work...and bronze (any metal color really) is commonly paired with black...so the mix works.

Some people will say to grab a scarf or wrap in a color that works...take the same black dress...a FIRE might grab any number of brightly colored scarves...or find a print that also had some black on it...an EARTH could grab an animal print for sure...the fabric of the scarf/warp forms a new neckline...(like my jacket)...a drape near the face at least, that will help your facial skintone, might help your eyes pop...color is commonly paired with black...so this mix works.

I think the idea of matching jewelry, scarves, accent clothing is easiest when talking about what could be considered a neutral starting point...matching white, black, brown, navy, khaki, olive, etc...even if the colors fall into a palatte that is not your own...because they are considered neutral...they can be paired with another color that IS your palatte...and generally, it will work on some level...those of us that are training our eyes and seeing pictures can pick out how a different color would be better, BUT...sometimes, you just can't find exactly what you want in a color that will work...knowing the rules, you learn how to bend the rules.

Things become more difficult when you are trying to deal with something like Mom's printed Venice scene...in that photo...the necklace is what stands out...Mom doesn't as much...like the shirt she is wearing...her skintone is rather muted because she really needs the bright color to reflect on her face and give her more coloring...the gold necklace cannot provide the necessary reflection...so when I look at the photo, the first thing I notice is the necklace...THEN Mom...NOW...IF Mom were a scarf type person...(which she isn't) she could take one of the colors in the shirt...like the sunny yellow...or a clear peach...and then create something more to reflect on her face and give her some POP...the accent FIRE fashion piece would be more significant, achieving the effect necessary to overcome the lack of the effect from the non-FIRE shirt.

Regardless...you would still likely be able to critique the outfit and see that the outfit itself was a mixed bag...like Mom's chocolate brown traveler's dress with my, er, THE jeweled jacket...;):D.

I guess my point is that people make the recommendations to overcome a bad choice with choices that are right...but the balance of wrong and right need to closer to a 50/50 split to actually have an effect...the necklace/shirt doesn't quite achieve that 50/50 split...so that particular combo doesn't overcome the muted shirt for a FIREy lady.

That's why I lurk and so seldom post!! I try to clean up my post and wind up double posting NEARLY EVERY TIME! What I meant to say is in the next post. Sorry. Debbie

Edited by aoknkentucky
Double post.

Yes, long-time lurker posting here. Not an excuse exactly, but one of the reasons that I rarely join the conversation (beside the fact that I am still learning so much and feel inadequate with my opinions) is that I "catch-up" on the conversation a lot on the weekends on my iPhone. Typing on this iffy-bitty keyboard is not my idea is an exceptional good time. :)

But I couldnt stay silent any longer I absolutely ADORE the pictodiary (and the word) and have truly learned so much during this latest round. Thanks to each and every one of you. Debbie

Yes, long-time lurker posting here. Not an excuse exactly, but one of the reasons that I rarely join the conversation (beside the fact that I am still learning so much and feel inadequate with my opinions) is that I "catch-up" on the conversation a lot on the weekends on my iPhone. Typing on this iffy-bitty keyboard is not my idea is an exceptional good time. :)

But I couldnt stay silent any longer I absolutely ADORE the pictodiary (and the word) and have truly learned so much during this latest round. Thanks to each and every one of you. Debbie

Welcome to the conversation, aoknkentucky :)

Aren't the pictodiaries excellent? I love them, they are such a great learning tool too! Don't worry about your learning curve, most of us are still on one at varying places on the curve :)

Post away!

Edited by Joby

Now, I'm liking the way that the camera lets you evaluate things. I swear; I think I'd be better off taking a camera with me into the dressing room at stores. It's very interesting how the camera highlights "hits" and "misses," isn't it? But, it also highlights.... <ahem> well... posture, for one thing.... uh.. ill-fitting clothes for another... and... hair that went through some humidity and wind on a HOHO bus!... good grief. quote]

OMG, you won't believe this, Pam, but I did bring a camera with me the last time I went shopping. It did help too. I remembered from my purple spring jacket pictures that I posted on here, the pics looked so different when I had flash or no flash. CJW made the comment that it couldn't be a better match to our FIRE cards. When my eye, IRL, looked at the jacket versus the cards, I saw some difference but, when I posted the pictures, I could see that the jacket matched the cards really well regardless of whether I had the flash on or off.

CJW said that was part of the beauty of the cards.

That's what sold me on the camera idea. The slight problem is that our camera isn't a real slimline type and it doesn't fit in my purse well. But, I stuffed it in and took pictures in the dressing room and then looked at them on my tiny screen on the camera. the screen is small, so it doesn't give the good view that posting on the computer does but, it was helpful and I'll do it again :)

Story: When I had a perennial flower bed in California that was an ongoing, tremendous project, I used to see everything that needed to be done... dead heading spent flowers... dividing overgrown perennials... weeding... filling in bare spots. I saw all the negative spaces. I had a ladies' luncheon and a woman told me that the perennial bed was beautiful. I told her that it needed some maintenance. What she saw? Beautiful flowers... spectacular color combinations... buds ready to burst.. scent... beauty...

Sometimes it's hard to see the beauty when you're working with the details. KWIM?

Good point!

I think it depends on what you are mixing...and whether or not at some level, what you are mixing goes. For instance, a black dress...not really great on anyone but an ICE, and yet, I bet everyone of us still has a black dress in their closet.

I do. It's a fabulous sleeveless, A-line dress from Chico's in travelers fabric. The fit is fabulous. The drape. It's a classic and since I don't have a replacement for it, I keep it. I have a bronze colored jacket (also from Chico's) that looks great with the dress. And the bronze jacket is DEFINITELY me. Combine this with subtle, that is, muted jewelry...which definitely works with the scoop neckline of the dress...and I can take that black dress that shouldn't work on me...and make it work...and bronze (any metal color really) is commonly paired with black...so the mix works.

Some people will say to grab a scarf or wrap in a color that works...take the same black dress...a FIRE might grab any number of brightly colored scarves...or find a print that also had some black on it...an EARTH could grab an animal print for sure...the fabric of the scarf/warp forms a new neckline...(like my jacket)...a drape near the face at least, that will help your facial skintone, might help your eyes pop...color is commonly paired with black...so this mix works.

I think the idea of matching jewelry, scarves, accent clothing is easiest when talking about what could be considered a neutral starting point...matching white, black, brown, navy, khaki, olive, etc...even if the colors fall into a palatte that is not your own...because they are considered neutral...they can be paired with another color that IS your palatte...and generally, it will work on some level...those of us that are training our eyes and seeing pictures can pick out how a different color would be better, BUT...sometimes, you just can't find exactly what you want in a color that will work...knowing the rules, you learn how to bend the rules.

Things become more difficult when you are trying to deal with something like Mom's printed Venice scene...in that photo...the necklace is what stands out...Mom doesn't as much...like the shirt she is wearing...her skintone is rather muted because she really needs the bright color to reflect on her face and give her more coloring...the gold necklace cannot provide the necessary reflection...so when I look at the photo, the first thing I notice is the necklace...THEN Mom...NOW...IF Mom were a scarf type person...(which she isn't) she could take one of the colors in the shirt...like the sunny yellow...or a clear peach...and then create something more to reflect on her face and give her some POP...the accent FIRE fashion piece would be more significant, achieving the effect necessary to overcome the lack of the effect from the non-FIRE shirt.

Regardless...you would still likely be able to critique the outfit and see that the outfit itself was a mixed bag...like Mom's chocolate brown traveler's dress with my, er, THE jeweled jacket...;):D.

I guess my point is that people make the recommendations to overcome a bad choice with choices that are right...but the balance of wrong and right need to closer to a 50/50 split to actually have an effect...the necklace/shirt doesn't quite achieve that 50/50 split...so that particular combo doesn't overcome the muted shirt for a FIREy lady.

Another excellent teaching lesson, Anita. Thanks again for the clarity of your explanations :)

Debbie (aoknkentucky), thank you!

Pictodiaries certainly bring everyone out of the closet, in a manner of speaking, don't they? Those itty-bitty keyboards are a huge pain when typing a message... but don't let having a differing opinion stop you! That's one of the best ways to actually "train" your eye, which is what we're all trying to do.

Well, eye training and also impulse training... which I'm referring to my thought pattern regarding the warm and bright factors of our palette. I thought that as long as the color was warm that I could do "something" to brighten it up enough to make it acceptable. When I see how some outfits are fabulous... well, then "acceptable" just isn't enough anymore.

I'm having fun with my next vacation planning because the destination is Caribbean! Fun, bright, tropical colors! Yeah!

Who is out there right now composing the next pictodiary?!? Where are you?!?

This thread has been an invaluable tool. It has opened my eyes to the colors around me and the colors that others are wearing. A lady in the excersise class yesterday had on the most beautiful buttery yellow, it was delicious looking:D

I bought a mustard color shirt to go with my Green Bay Packer shirt and it looked like puke on me. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

When I shop now I will only buy the right color or I won't buy anything at all.

This weekend I wore my new favorite color, dark rich orange and I got a ton of compliments. Interesting. I always wear light turquise which I thought was kind of my signature color but never hear any comments. Hummm??

Thanks for the posts and the pictures, it sure helps to see the difference a color can make. I am off to look for formal wear and knowing what color to seek out saves lots of time.

Kris

Well, eye training and also impulse training... which I'm referring to my thought pattern regarding the warm and bright factors of our palette. I thought that as long as the color was warm that I could do "something" to brighten it up enough to make it acceptable. When I see how some outfits are fabulous... well, then "acceptable" just isn't enough anymore.

Yep, I'm learning that as well.

I asked the question a while back about whether, for FIRES, it was better to "cheat" with EARTH colors, since they are warm or ICE colors, since they are clear and bright.

Anita was the only person who ventured a comment and she thought it MAY be better for us to go ICE (with the clear and bright colors).

Pam, or anyone else, do you have an opinion on that? I sway back and forth when I look at myself in either EARTH or ICE colors, thus showing that I have no super confident answer :D

This thread has been an invaluable tool. It has opened my eyes to the colors around me and the colors that others are wearing. A lady in the excersise class yesterday had on the most beautiful buttery yellow, it was delicious looking:D

I bought a mustard color shirt to go with my Green Bay Packer shirt and it looked like puke on me. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

When I shop now I will only buy the right color or I won't buy anything at all.

This weekend I wore my new favorite color, dark rich orange and I got a ton of compliments. Interesting. I always wear light turquise which I thought was kind of my signature color but never hear any comments. Hummm??

Thanks for the posts and the pictures, it sure helps to see the difference a color can make. I am off to look for formal wear and knowing what color to seek out saves lots of time.

Kris

It has been a helpful and fun thread! I love it, especially when pictures are involved and we can discuss things.

Yep, I'm learning that as well.

I asked the question a while back about whether, for FIRES, it was better to "cheat" with EARTH colors, since they are warm or ICE colors, since they are clear and bright.

Anita was the only person who ventured a comment and she thought it MAY be better for us to go ICE (with the clear and bright colors).

Pam, or anyone else, do you have an opinion on that? I sway back and forth when I look at myself in either EARTH or ICE colors, thus showing that I have no super confident answer :D

Kim! I just had a brilliant idea. I know that I have some warm, muted colors. My DH is definitely ICE so I have some of those colors.. a blue and a green, solid black, optic white.

I was thinking that I could post some "analysis" pictures, similar to the original CJW pictures that we had to endure. Oh, I just remembered that we had to do that with our hair pulled back and no makeup. Ewww.

Well, since we already now what season I am and the discussion would be along the lines of which way to err is more favorable... maybe I don't have to pull my hair back. I agree with the no makeup thing, because basically what we would be looking for is skin tone issues.

What do you think?

Maybe if a few of us would consider doing this, then we could get a real handle on this question of whether it would be more favorable to err on muted or err on temperature. I know I already have my opinion, but I'll keep it to myself until we go through this exercise.

Anybody else willing to step up? Or able to? I can do this because of my DH's closet... not everybody is in the same situation...

Kim! I just had a brilliant idea. I know that I have some warm, muted colors. My DH is definitely ICE so I have some of those colors.. a blue and a green, solid black, optic white.

I was thinking that I could post some "analysis" pictures, similar to the original CJW pictures that we had to endure. Oh, I just remembered that we had to do that with our hair pulled back and no makeup. Ewww.

Well, since we already now what season I am and the discussion would be along the lines of which way to err is more favorable... maybe I don't have to pull my hair back. I agree with the no makeup thing, because basically what we would be looking for is skin tone issues.

What do you think?

Maybe if a few of us would consider doing this, then we could get a real handle on this question of whether it would be more favorable to err on muted or err on temperature. I know I already have my opinion, but I'll keep it to myself until we go through this exercise.

Anybody else willing to step up? Or able to? I can do this because of my DH's closet... not everybody is in the same situation...

Hi Pam,

I think it's a great idea!!! I'm up for it. I'm a science geek, I love experiments. It does make me a little shy about posting pictures with no makeup. Dear Lord, I have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes and a very pale complexion, I hope I don't scare anyone to death :eek:

Anyone else care to join this experiment??? It will be fun and as usual, quite a learning tool I think.

Edited by Joby