Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Not only does Kim have 12 yards of the golden pattern fabric...it's like a double wide fabric! Most fabric is 45" wide? Home Dec fabric is generally wider...and some particular fabrics are sold in other widths, but generally 45" is common. When you look at patterns, there using yardage given for 45" width fabric...and Kim's fabric is 90" wide!! It's like she has 24 YARDS!!

24!!

OMG!!

So Ladies. Kim and I have been discussing what all we can do realistically given our proximity to each other and the reasonable expectation for something to fit the way you want it to. When we finish the things we are doing, I can report how much fabric was actually used to make the different things, so everyone can take note of what it really takes to make certain things so everyone will have a clue for potential future fabric souvenirs!

:D

If anyone else reading here sews...the JoAnns in my area is currently having the 99 cents sale on McCalls patterns. They regularly cycle through the different pattern manufacturers throughout the year. I've been looking at McCalls for patterns that might satisfy different wants for Kim. Once Kim lets me know what she really wants, we'll share! It's so fun!

I'm loving this.

If you are wondering what the skirt projects are for Mom...they are simple skirts that I have been making for her for absolute YEARS now. I know that I made the first ones about 10 years ago. :eek:

Can you imagine?

Anyway. Mom was having issues with the heat in Arizona. Skirts were way cooler than shorts or pants, but she couldn't find any that were a decent length or color. So we found a simple pattern and bought very neutral fabric and voila, the skirt was born. The skirt has gradually evolved over the years...and the most major change that has happened is tremendous weight loss...so that I am making the skirts narrower and fixing the hem length to the most flattering/comfortable.

We have gone through several batches of these skirts...two that I currently have are definitely more EARTHY in nature, however...they go GREAT with certain FIRE tops Mom has. After I get them altered and sent back to Mom, she will have to model them with her FIRE tops so that everyone can see!

24 YARDS!!!!! Wowsers. Lots and lots of options. It's the pattern that I like best too, Kim. Now I'll be on the lookout for material when I'm on vacation. You have given me a wonderful new souvenir to look for on my travels. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Please, please, please let us see the finished products.

Pam, if I ever get to St. Kitts, I now know an excursion that I'll want to include FOR SURE. See the material being made would be awesome! Please let us see the skirts when Anita finishes them, ok? With 90-105 temperatures and 70-95% humidity in the summertime, I nearly melt. A decent skirt design would be heaven. Can you expound a bit? What type of material are the skirts? Are they A-line, full skirts, or something else?

Linda, where did you get such a HAUL? I never find that many items in one shopping trip! You made out like a BANDIT!!!

Anita, I know it's asking a lot, but would you mind to let us live vicariously through the experience of making whatever you and Kim decide to create? I know you have your own life going on in gorgeous Georgia, but post when you can about what's happening with all that lucious African material. I'm dying here!! Details, girlfriend. We need details.

A decent skirt design would be heaven. Can you expound a bit? What type of material are the skirts? Are they A-line, full skirts, or something else?

Anita, I know it's asking a lot, but would you mind to let us live vicariously through the experience of making whatever you and Kim decide to create? I know you have your own life going on in gorgeous Georgia, but post when you can about what's happening with all that lucious African material. I'm dying here!! Details, girlfriend. We need details.

Debbie, you are crackin' me UP!!

The Mom skirt. Material is any woven fashion fabric. We have done several different batches of these skirts using all different kinds of materials, including a rayon blend, a linen-look alike, cotton. The design is very simple. It is a loose, but not too loose, straight skirt with an elastic waist.

The skirt evolved over the years, so the early skirts have a drawstring/elastic combo because Mom was on a weight loss journey and we wanted the skirts to survive her changing sizes. The latest skirts have only an elastic waist. Length can be personalized; Mom is liking just under the knee, I think. I have the length marked on a skirt.

So my update to her skirts is to remove the excess fabric in the width...to update the waist band, if needed...to adjust the length...and to add a hidden zippered pocket in one side seam (so Mom can stash her SeaPass card).

If you sew. The pattern is basically a rectangle. Sew two rectangles together down each long side stopping several inches above the lower edge to create the side slits. Create the casing for the elastic for the waist. Hem. Generally, I serge the edges before I sew it all together. I leave the serged edge visible at the waist and on the side seams. I fold the serged edge under for the hems at the slits and the bottom.

You want to base the width of the rectangle on the widest part of your body plus your desired ease. The length of the rectangle is based on your desired length plus the hem allowance at the bottom and the extra needed to fold over for the waistband. The waist is created based on the elastic, which will gather the waist in, whatever the width of the rectangle.

Mom was complaining about the heat one year, so I found this beautiful and ultra-lightweight fabric in fun patterns and colors. Unfortunately, it's a bit see-through. So any skirts from that batch are also getting a second layer added to be a kind of built in slip.

Adding the pocket is something I have to figure out. It will just be so helpful to have.

Sometimes the simplest things are just the best. I've often wondered if Mom would like a different pattern in the skirt, but apparently, this pattern works.

I will gladly share what happens with the Africa material, provided that something DOES. We are currently planning the transfer of the fabric via Kim's student. Hopefully, that will work out.

Thanks for the quick reply, Anita.

I sew....well, I guess I should say that I used to sew. Now, I mostly say that I'm going to sew. I have so many pairs of pants that need to be taken up in the hip area and hemmed and.....get my drift? I have lots of repair and re-working that needs to be done. I'd rather play with the grandkids and kick back at the campground so I just don't sew. I also don't crochet, scrapbook or do counted cross-stitch anymore. I'm pretty lazy these days compared to the days when my kids were in school.

Shorter answer would have been that I know how to sew but don't much anymore. You have a natural gift of explanation. Thanks for the details on the pattern. You make me wish I had a serger to work alongside my old Singer machine. It's only claim to fame is that is does a zig-zag stich along with the straight stitch, but it's an old workhorse that gets the job done. Well, it's gotten the job done for almost 35 years anyway.

I'm wondering if there has been a favorite type of skirt material among the ones mentioned for the heat of it all? I just melt in the summer. I know skirts would be more comfortable and have air-circulating capabilities, but I want to be modest enough, KWIM? I think I'd rather have one layer that is breathable but lightweight and doesn't need a slip layer. I may try my hand at a linen-type material and make what we used to call gauchos. Basically a skirt with a seam between my legs so that it would be loose enough for air circulation but end just below my knees (my favorite skirt length). I'm sure I have an old pattern somewhere that I can use.

I'll add this to the mile-long list of "gonna do some day" projects.

Have a good weekend Everybody!

• 5 weeks later...

OMG...a whole month has gone by with no action in this conversation so I just HAVE to post.

Funny enough...still about sewing projects!

Kim and I have been messaging back and forth. One of the things we are definitely making out of that lovely African fabric is a skirt. After a whole lot of looking, Kim located a skirt pattern that she really liked...and by what I'm thinking is less and less coincidence and more and more the result of like minded people hanging out (even if virtually)...she picked a pattern that I had purchased before we moved from Texas. I don't recall when...but it's a lovely wrap skirt.

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5430-products-7826.php?page_id=113

AND...it turns out that Mom thinks this is a pretty awesome wrap skirt as well.

AND...we all like the Skirt A version best with it's cascade of fabric on the front edge.

So Kim is getting a wrap skirt in the golden African material.

And Mom is getting a wrap skirt in a new material that she just bought that is more of a swim suit cover-up material. (Maybe she'll post a picture...and maybe she'll post a picture of the material with her swim suit so we can all see how well it matches!)

The fabric she bought is just so wonderful...that we also have plans to make a sheer top of some sort. The kind of thing that you wear with a cami underneath. There are two styles that appeal to Mom and she is having to decide which one she wants.

Meanwhile...IF anyone else is interested in buying patterns. My JoAnn's putting the Butterick and Vogue patterns on sale from June 6-8 for $1.99 and $3.99 respectively.

Mom and I have located several patterns for dresses that we really like. I'm very excited to begin sewing again. Making my own clothes is something that I look forward to doing...and I'm getting to hone my skills on Mom and Kim! ;) And now that I find that I own and work with a much smaller wardrobe, I think it's more and more a possibility for me to make more of my own clothing...at least the things that make sense to make. Some clothing is so complicated...like cargo bottoms...or specialty technical fabrics.

Summer is underway here...School has been out since before Memorial Day...and I am just about fully recovered from a bad bacterial throat infection. :eek:

Not to be too forward...but I've figured out that Kim is only an 8 hour drive from me...and that my best guess is that Debbie is just about half way between the two of us...and Mom and Dad are going to be visiting me this summer at some point...

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

It looks like a pretty easy pattern to sew up-- it will look awesome with the African fabric too!

Like the cascade ruffle too.

Haven't sewn for myself in years-- maybe this is the time to start again!

BTW, I am an Ice but love reading the Earth and Fire threads-- you gals rock!

It looks like a pretty easy pattern to sew up-- it will look awesome with the African fabric too!

I have a very fond memory of my Great Grandma. We were in a mall and she is checking out the top on a child manikin, touching it, rubbing the fabric between her fingers, and she says something to effect of "You could whip that up in no time."

Mom has decided on the sheer shirt. The inspiration for the shirt is this one:

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Swim_Womens/Sundresses_and_Coverups/PRD_TSW44330C/Peri+Medallion+Boyfriend+Shirt+with+Convertible+Sleeves.jsp

So, going for the boyfriend style with straight side seams and an optional buttoned roll-up sleeve, we are going to purchase this pattern when it goes on sale:

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8746-products-14716.php?page_id=259

I'm going to make length B, which matches the length of the Tommy Bahama shirt, but square off the lower hem, but still leave the slit, and make the collared version. And I'm going to add the button and strap to the sleeve.

Should be fabulous!

I have a very fond memory of my Great Grandma. We were in a mall and she is checking out the top on a child manikin, touching it, rubbing the fabric between her fingers, and she says something to effect of "You could whip that up in no time."

Mom has decided on the sheer shirt. The inspiration for the shirt is this one:

http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Swim_Womens/Sundresses_and_Coverups/PRD_TSW44330C/Peri+Medallion+Boyfriend+Shirt+with+Convertible+Sleeves.jsp

So, going for the boyfriend style with straight side seams and an optional buttoned roll-up sleeve, we are going to purchase this pattern when it goes on sale:

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8746-products-14716.php?page_id=259

I'm going to make length B, which matches the length of the Tommy Bahama shirt, but square off the lower hem, but still leave the slit, and make the collared version. And I'm going to add the button and strap to the sleeve.

Should be fabulous!

Cute patterns! Finished pictures, of course, when you are done :)

OMG...a whole month has gone by with no action in this conversation so I just HAVE to post.

Funny enough...still about sewing projects!

Kim and I have been messaging back and forth. One of the things we are definitely making out of that lovely African fabric is a skirt. After a whole lot of looking, Kim located a skirt pattern that she really liked...and by what I'm thinking is less and less coincidence and more and more the result of like minded people hanging out (even if virtually)...she picked a pattern that I had purchased before we moved from Texas. I don't recall when...but it's a lovely wrap skirt.

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5430-products-7826.php?page_id=113

AND...it turns out that Mom thinks this is a pretty awesome wrap skirt as well.

AND...we all like the Skirt A version best with it's cascade of fabric on the front edge.

So Kim is getting a wrap skirt in the golden African material.

And Mom is getting a wrap skirt in a new material that she just bought that is more of a swim suit cover-up material. (Maybe she'll post a picture...and maybe she'll post a picture of the material with her swim suit so we can all see how well it matches!)

The fabric she bought is just so wonderful...that we also have plans to make a sheer top of some sort. The kind of thing that you wear with a cami underneath. There are two styles that appeal to Mom and she is having to decide which one she wants.

Meanwhile...IF anyone else is interested in buying patterns. My JoAnn's putting the Butterick and Vogue patterns on sale from June 6-8 for $1.99 and $3.99 respectively.

Mom and I have located several patterns for dresses that we really like. I'm very excited to begin sewing again. Making my own clothes is something that I look forward to doing...and I'm getting to hone my skills on Mom and Kim! ;) And now that I find that I own and work with a much smaller wardrobe, I think it's more and more a possibility for me to make more of my own clothing...at least the things that make sense to make. Some clothing is so complicated...like cargo bottoms...or specialty technical fabrics.

Summer is underway here...School has been out since before Memorial Day...and I am just about fully recovered from a bad bacterial throat infection. :eek:

Not to be too forward...but I've figured out that Kim is only an 8 hour drive from me...and that my best guess is that Debbie is just about half way between the two of us...and Mom and Dad are going to be visiting me this summer at some point...

I'm definitely in for a visit! Maybe we could find someplace that is in the middle for all of us and meet for a weekend. What a blast that would be :D

This sewing project is going to be so much fun! I can't wait.

Glad you have fun reading along with us. I always get so much info and good feedback from here!

• 3 weeks later...

Just saying? I'm just saying, I LOVE IT!!! I'm unavailable July 22-31 (Alaska cruise) but any other time and place gets the green light from this Kentucky girl. Please, please, please, let's do this. Since I'm the half-way point, I can offer rustic accommodations at a nearby state park for a visit here if that is even remotely appealing to anybody. However, since Pam will have traveled so far already, the Atlanta area is an easy jaunt for me if that is easiest for everyone. I'm so excited! (Bet ya'll couldn't tell!)

Just saying? I'm just saying, I LOVE IT!!! I'm unavailable July 22-31 (Alaska cruise) but any other time and place gets the green light from this Kentucky girl. Please, please, please, let's do this. Since I'm the half-way point, I can offer rustic accommodations at a nearby state park for a visit here if that is even remotely appealing to anybody. However, since Pam will have traveled so far already, the Atlanta area is an easy jaunt for me if that is easiest for everyone. I'm so excited! (Bet ya'll couldn't tell!)

Been waiting to see how you would respond!

Unfortunately, Mom and Dad's schedule has pushed back their visit to me until Thanksgiving. Atlanta is an easy jaunt huh? Hmmm. Mom and I were thinking that maybe we should actually make a plan for this idea for next summer. I like the idea of the state park, personally...and Mom said she'd be up for that if I took care of her. We have been improving our gear for car camping and have a pretty swank set up (for car-based tent camping anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry your visit with the parents had to be moved back, but Thanksgiving is our family's favorite holiday, and I'm sure you will enjoy the visit whenever you manage to see each other.

Atlanta may not be a jaunt for some people, but DH and I travel very well together and we enjoy it. We both grew up driving 30 minutes (30 miles) one-way every week to go to "town" for banking and general errands, so a 4-hour drive isn't difficult, it's all in how you look at when the adventure begins. We've always travelled thinking that the adventure begins when you leave the drive-way instead of when you arrive at your destination. In fact, one of our travelling buddies once said she thought we'd have just as good a time if we all just got in the vehicle and drove around our hometown, talking and laughing, and getting out every once in a while to eat and gas up and got back in the car and drove until we got hungry again and repeated. I've always remembered that and thought it pretty accurate. We have a ball as long as we are going. The destination is fun, but it's not ALL of the trip. Some of our best adventures have been the side-trips (side-tracks) that have happened along the way. The best thing I remember about our last time through Atlanta was the Marietta Diner. Boy, oh boyo, that won't be my last time in that place. I took pictures of the dessert cases and sent them to buddies back home. Wowsers!

Can't wait to see the swank car tent-camping gear! I'll know by the end of January whether we have a seasonal camping site for 2014 or if we will be 21-day camping (moving sites every 21 days). Either way, we can definitely make plans to camp next summer! Anyone else want to join us? Like I mentioned earlier, I can offer rustic accomodations at a state park. If you don't like camping, they have rooms and dining options. In fact, DH's oldest son is the state park chef which is mostly just a fancy way of saying he's the head cook in charge of the dining room's back-of-the-house. It's not gourmet, just Kentucky's state park idea of buffet-style eating, but he does cook excellent frog-legs.

I was going to create a new email address and post it, but I gotta run. I'll work on it and get back to ya'll. Hope everybody will think seriously about visiting Kentucky next summer. I can't wait! --Debbie

I would enjoy a trip to Kentucky next summer! Count us in.

I will definitely be posting about our sweet car camping set up. I just have to figure out how and where to post. It's a work in progress. It takes a bit to figure out what really makes a difference and earns its place in the limited car capacity we have.

I was first exposed to the idea of more luxury with camping during a spring break trip where I just HAD to see the set up of this one camp site in person. I nicknamed their tent the Taj Mahal because it was insane. As I knew she would, the lady proudly showed me their set up and I was enlightened to the idea that tent camping did not necessarily have to be as rough a roughing it as it had been so far. Seriously...they rented and towed a UHaul trailer with all of their camping supplies, which admittedly, DID include bicycles among all the other things.

I was seriously considering a week's camping trip at Disney. They have an onsite camp ground. When I was researching that idea, I got many many more ideas on how to set up a more comfortable long term camp. The transition from backpacking to car camping has been a slow curve, but now that I have been inspired by my research...I'll learn as we go how to improve our camp site.

Did you note the address I posted earlier? My user is "CCAnitaLatte" (for Cruisecritic Anita Latte). My host is gmail. It's a com address. And yes, Debbie, when you share yours, post it all funny so that crawlers don't find your address and start sending you a bunch of garbage.

Debbie,

I just saw in your signature that you are going to Alaska this month! When?!? Oh boy, Alaska pictures! Yeah!

In the spirit of Kim's pictures, maybe you can get some bear behinds; getting whale tails is really all you (mostly) ever get; but I wouldn't mind seeing some seal behinds... just saying.

OK. A comedienne I am not! Seriously, when is your trip? We need to go along with you in spirit!

Linda, where are you?

Kim, where are you?

Pam... oh right... I'm sitting right here! :D

Oh goody! Two posts today. I'll play Peat and RePeat:

Linda, where are you?

Kim, where are you?

Anita, I'd love to hear about your camping gear and how you car-camp. I've been researching tiny houses and/or tumbleweed houses that are built on a 16-foot flat-bed trailer that you can pull with a pick-up truck. Not that I'd EVER be able to downsize to that square footage, but living in a space where every item must do double and triple duty does intrigues me. I envision car-camping to be a variation of this theme.

Isn’t it great how perfect strangers will gladly show off their camping arrangements? We had just bought our first little camper and were glad to be up off the ground and out of the tent, because the cold and damp each morning was beginning to take a real toll on whether I’d be able to continue camping at all. The people in the site next to us were taking their new camper for its maiden voyage. She proudly showed me her in-the-wall vacuum system, and I knew there was a lot out there that I had no idea about. I think our floor cleaner at the time was a swiffer! Heck, I’d heard of them, but I’d never even seen one of those fancy vacuums in a house!!!

Pam, I'm so glad you reminded me of the behind pictures. I don’t think I could come close to taking everyone on our adventure as well as Kim did when we all went to Africa with her, but I'll see what I can do to accommodate and will post my best pictures after we return. We leave two weeks from today!!! and I'm getting very excited. I have my daily and nightly outfits sorted and ready on the spreadsheet. (But I’ve had that completed for a couple of months now. I just LOVE the pre-planning. My cruise begins very early and lasts for a VERY VERY long time that way!) The actual clothes are hanging ready to be put in the suitcase. DH said last night that he wants my help. FINALLY! I've just been itching to help him pack so we don't wind up with the usual assortment of 6 different ballcaps and 10 different sweatshirts in the suitcase. If he didn't buy a new ballcap and sweatshirt at every gift shop he sees on the trip, I wouldn't be quite so nervous. But I know that carry-on will only hold just so many items.

I keep saying that this is our first trip to Alaska, because I know we won't begin to touch what there is to see and do there, and I expect that DH will want to return over and over to visit Alaska after this trip. We leave from Seattle and are scheduled to stop in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. We have our excursions planned for each day on shore and they are very tame since two in our party are adventure-challenged physically. Body parts are starting to wear out on some of us and we can’t do the roller-coaster rides at the amusement parks anymore either!!!

We return to Seattle and will have one day post-cruise to look around Seattle. I scheduled my boss for a week of seminars along with some fun activities in Seattle last year, so I had his input on the must-dos for the one and only day we will tour there.

Anybody here have an opinion for two or three must-dos for one day in Seattle?

I'll play too...

Liiiiiiiin-daaaaaaaaa....where ARE yoooouuuuu?

Kiiiii-iiiiimmmmm...where ARE yooooouuuu?!?!

I'm in such a chatty mood...I'll tell you ONE thing about our car camping. It's the major improvement that we did in our sleeping arrangements. We upgraded the tent to a cabin style, which means that the sides are straight and the ceiling is a uniform height throughout the tent. Even 6'1" DH can stand tall throughout the whole tent. The tent itself is a decent 10' x 14' footprint. There are larger tents...this one is big without being ridiculously big...there are HUGE family cabin tents out there.

With the bigger tent, we could do cots. DH and I sleep on a double cot that is 55" wide, which is right between a full and queen size. We have backpacking sleeping pads that we put on each side. Then we add a memory foam mattress topper on top of that. Then we use regular bedding. It's AWESOME. This past trip was the first time to use cots? It makes such a huge difference to not be flat on the floor...OMG. DH has some back issues so this really helps us to enjoy our camping sleeps.

I was talking to Mom TODAY about how I thought it would be a fun project to refurbish a trailer for camping. I think I saw someone do this on a show once for a band that traveled? I think it would be great to basically strip the inside of one and restore and design it just the way I would want. My thoughts for inspiration on that were to research Asian living spaces? They have to be small with double duty. And anything else that works like that...houseboats could have some good inspiration. Yachts. Etc.

I have no idea about Seattle. Mom and Dad were there for a family wedding in the not so distant past, I think. She might have some suggestions. I think there is an amazing fish market in Seattle?

POLO!!!! I'm here!!!!

It's been such a crazy year for me! Life issues, illness, work, house cleaning, etc! Just got over another serious bout with severe sinusitis and bronchitis..:( not fun!!! Been off work for 2 weeks and am trying to get adjusted to being back to work!

Anita- I wish you all the luck in the world with camping...you're younger and in better shape than me. My camping days are way gone now.. We tented for a while and graduated to a pop up camper. We went through 3 of those! Then back to tent for DH and I. That was our major way of vacations for so many years. We camped all over the U.S. Been to Disneyworld twice in 2 different pop ups. I did enjoy all our camping years with the children, but now I want to enjoy air conditioned rooms without all the work! I want to be waited on for a change rather than wait on others. And- I want my bathroom when I want to use it and not have to go outside in the wind, wet, cold, hot humid muddy trails, slipping and slidding up and down hills, juggling all the shower items as I hurry to get there. AND I don't want to clean the thing out when I get home!:D We keep looking at the new campers out there, but I'm not giving in to DH on this. If he would do ALL the work, prepare and packing, cooking and cleaning, then I might consider it, BUT that's never gonna happen. SO I'm gonna enjoy my cruises and hotels/condo rentals!:cool:

On another note- I've been trying to organize my house in preparation for a possible (much hoped for) move...don't know if it will happen or not...but maybe wishfull thinking will help.. Anyway I had been in the attic for a month going through EVERYTHING and getting rid of A LOT! Keep in mind that I have 43 years of stuff! Two truck loads went to charity garage sales in our area! I have another truck load to go! This has made me very upset because I think of all the $$$$ I'm giving away (everything is in really good shape, some things never out of box)..but, if it makes someone else happy, then I'm happy. I do feel better to get all that stuff out of my house and I found things I forgot I had. I have everything that I kept in labeled plastic bins now and I can actually see my attic floor and walls! What a major task this has been, but so worth it.. My children have several boxes each to go through when they come home. (I will store them for several more years for them, but they have been told that they must come get them before 5 years or they'll be thrown out.) Now, if I can just cut back on the Christmas decoratons a little more. I did whittle it down by 1/3. :D So that's what I've been doing for a few weeks until I got sick. I have a little more work up there to do, but I can do it gradually and it will all be done in 2 more weeks. YEAH!!!

Debbie, I think we are going to Alaska next June! TA emailed me that she has finally gotten information on a group trip from here, and I'm anxious for her to get all the info to me. So, I'll be looking for all your pointers,,

NEXT!

Present :)

We just got back from a week in Florida. My Mom's (who's gone now) best friend just had a 90th birthday party and we went and then spent the week travelling down the Gulf coast in a few places we've never been before. It was a lot of fun and the birthday party was great! She still lives by herself, drives, is sharp mentally and it was just great fun to visit again since it's been 5 years since Mom died.

I took a couple of photos to post here. Nothing much because I was sweaty all of the time and my hair gets B I G in Florida :eek: Plus, we spent a lot of time in swimsuits.

It's so good to hear from everyone. It's been waaay too long.

Debbie, I'm totally in for a visit! Someone just name a place and I'll be there.

Debbie and Linda, I'm excited to hear all about Alaska. It's on my "list" but, then where ISN'T on my list???? I love butt photos. I plan to do more on our next trip! Tongues and eyes are also on my photo radar. I like to take different photos, not just sit and pose stuff.

Anita, fun to hear about your camping. We have tent camped for years. It too was our family vacation when the kids were younger. I must say that sleeping on the ground isn't such fun any more. We're getting to dang old!

Pam, anything planned? You've been awfully quiet.

Anita, I'm publicly announcing that I AM going to get on the ball and get measurements, etc. to you for our project :)

Next up.

I forgot to add something.

Has anyone been to Lowe's and seen that they have Pantone color chips now? They are nice sized and I tried to match some to my FIRE color cards. Wondering if anyone wants to see if we can get any good matches to our cards--FIRE or EARTH?

Finally having a few moments to update and check in!

Oi! It's been quite a long time and never have a second to post...

BUT here are some pictures of Princess Chaos!

DaughterMickeyDresssWeb_zps15950db2.jpgDaughterGardeningWeb_zps6d1f1def.jpg

Just turned 3!

And...

Drumroll....................................

We have Baby CJW Number 2 due in 6 weeks!

So stay tuned!

Another of the many reasons I've been so busy I haven't posted!

:D;):cool:

So great to hear from you Curt! Princess is absolutely adorable and I bet spoiled rotten! Congrats on prince/princess #2!!! Keep us in the loop.

Kim, I'm gonna go to Lowes tomorrow and check out the chips.

I've been looking for a red dress to take on our next cruise. I found one I'm ordering, but not real sure of the color as it's online. Keeping my fingers crossed it works. Will post photo if it's a keeper!

Hey, everybody,

Linda, I hope the red is a "keeper" cause I would love to see an updated photo of you. I think we all ran out of steam on our color parties... as fun as they were; they were a lot of work.

So..... thankfully (because I'm really excited) we managed to fit our Australia cruise into this year. We have quite a lovely time planned, leaving Oct 3rd to fly to Hawaii for a day. Boarding Celebrity Solstice in Oahu and going to Maui before taking a long TransPacific cruise... stopping in Bora Bora, Moorea, and Papeete... heading on to Auckland and Bay of Islands... ending in Sydney. We are staying in Sydney for a few days and then breaking up the long flight home by going back to Hawaii... acclimating for a few days... and ending up home. We will be gone pretty much the entire month of October.

I don't think anything will compare to Kim's safari; and I know everyone is looking forward to that return trip! And Debbie and Linda going to Alaska and that will be beautiful. I will do what I can to post an entertaining pictodiary (yes, Kim). I know that I have to do my part. If nothing else, I guess I could post my DH's behind... maybe not. Well, most decidedly not! LOL. I can guarantee that I'll be looking at behinds with more possibilities though; Kim, you really opened up my eyes to how charming behinds can be. No joke.

This cruise feels like it will be very tropical, maybe because of the stop in French Polynesia (which I've wanted to do for so long!). In any event, my wardrobe is really leaning heavily in the tropical direction. I'm not sure that ALL of the colors that I've located are FIRE; you know for some reason those tropical prints seem to tend cool to my eye. Anyway, we all know that the camera won't lie. I am also trying my hand at some more updated, modern makeup attempts. We'll see how I do.

Awww, Linda, sorry that your red dress was a bust. :(

I posted the following info on the Earth thread too...it feels weird to me to double post...but I want to be sure that ya'll see this info.

I put in a request for us to have our very own forum over on the Friends board. We all have been talking about color and fashion for so very long that we actually have a bit more to talk about than color and fashion...and I wanted us to be able to have these "off topic" conversations.

I wanted the name of the new forum to be relevant to us and I had a hard time coming up with a good name. I finally decided that "Pictodiary" was OUR word and that it was general enough to apply to many different conversations. Here is the link to our new forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=885

I don't want everyone to necessarily think of this as MY forum...I want it to be OURS. I am planning on starting a new thread specifically for discussing camping and will probably repost the posts from the thread I started in the Lounge.

Mom was talking about having a recipe thread. I suggested that Margaret start a thread to share some trip photos. Kim, this would be the place to share photos of your future visit to Africa. Debbie, this would be the place to share Alaska photos and tell us all about your trip. Linda, same for you for your hopeful trip next June! And for everyone that could join us...this would be the place for us to discuss our meet and greet next summer.

Looking forward to more conversations with everyone. I hope everyone has been having a great summer!