priceline bidding

richbum

I would only use Priceline to book a hotel, but not air fare. Although you could probably get a super deal on air, the caveat is that you do not have a choice of airline, nor your preferred departure and arrival times, as well as how many stops along the way. For example, if you're flying from your airport in Maine to Miami, your flight may leave at 5:30 am, stope twice, then arrive at your final destination at an undesirable time. Not worth the few bucks savings to me.

Have used priceline twice for bidding on airfare for my cruise. If you go the route make sure you do a pre and postcruise stay. You don't get to choose your times and you may get excellent flights or the worst of the pick. I received flights on United and Delta and while the savings was great the times were not.

Another question for all of you. Has anyone used priceline and bid on airfare before? Have you gotten better deals with bidding rather than buying direct? Thanks in advance for your help.:D

The times are usually so horrible, it isn't worth any savings to me.

I would only use Priceline to book a hotel, but not air fare. Although you could probably get a super deal on air, the caveat is that you do not have a choice of airline, nor your preferred departure and arrival times, as well as how many stops along the way. For example, if you're flying from your airport in Maine to Miami, your flight may leave at 5:30 am, stope twice, then arrive at your final destination at an undesirable time. Not worth the few bucks savings to me.

Totally agree and then you normally get airlines that have baggage fees to boot. You won't get the SW or Frontier choices either.

Archived