Tour guide in Bangkok

ggglo

We are on the Dec. 21st sailing of Azamara Quest. We are deciding between ship's shore excursions or private tour guide. Has anyone used Bangkok Day Tours? We tried to contact Tong, but so far no response and it is a few weeks since we e-mailed her.

If anyone has experience with Bangkok Day Tours, please respond. They have some interesting tours.

We have planned our two days in Bangkok with Bangkok Day Tours in January. They were very professional and accommodating and planned a custom itinerary based on our wishes. We also tried contacting Tong and just couldn't wait any longer for a response.

We have planned our two days in Bangkok with Bangkok Day Tours in January. They were very professional and accommodating and planned a custom itinerary based on our wishes. We also tried contacting Tong and just couldn't wait any longer for a response.

I saw your post on the Nautica roll call. I'm not convinced that Nautica will be at Klong Toey. When I called Oceania, the lady hummed and hawed and finally said Laem Chabang. Interestingly Azamura, and Seybourn which used Klong Toey in the past are at Laem Chabang this year. I'm not sure we will have time for 2 tours in bangkok on Nautica. I wonder if it's because there was a lot of unrest in that part of Bangkok this year. it is in a an area known as a very large slum.

I saw your post on the Nautica roll call. I'm not convinced that Nautica will be at Klong Toey. When I called Oceania, the lady hummed and hawed and finally said Laem Chabang. Interestingly Azamura, and Seybourn which used Klong Toey in the past are at Laem Chabang this year. I'm not sure we will have time for 2 tours in bangkok on Nautica. I wonder if it's because there was a lot of unrest in that part of Bangkok this year. it is in a an area known as a very large slum.

My mistake. I've seen different posts for Azamura Quest. Their itinerary says Klong Toey but one of the port sites says Laem Chabang

We used Bangkok Day Tours last winter while on the Quest. We did the morning visit to the Tiger Temple, which meant getting off the ship at 5 am. They did a great job including dealing with a change in the ship's departure time.

Earl -

It is very confusing. I'm still getting mixed information from web sites and Oceania themselves. They told me KT (after being put on hold to "find out"). They told my travel agent Laem Chabang. When TA called them back, they said KT. I'm not sure what's going on??

Earl -

It is very confusing. I'm still getting mixed information from web sites and Oceania themselves. They told me KT (after being put on hold to "find out"). They told my travel agent Laem Chabang. When TA called them back, they said KT. I'm not sure what's going on??

The Australian websites have everyone going to Laem Chabang. Oceania doesn't seem to know. I e- mailed them but no answer. I presume Bangkok Day Tours will be flexible. Tong doesn't reply. We are 4 if you need 4 more.

Earl -

We have opted for private tours for 2. At first we thought we'd like to join others or have them join us, but the itinerary is so diverse that we decided to do our own thing in order to be totally flexible. But I hope and pray we will dock in Bangkok as there is sooooooo much to do and so little time.

Earl -

We have opted for private tours for 2. At first we thought we'd like to join others or have them join us, but the itinerary is so diverse that we decided to do our own thing in order to be totally flexible. But I hope and pray we will dock in Bangkok as there is sooooooo much to do and so little time.

I will let you know what Oceania replies to me on the roll call. If you change your mind. let me know

Oceania Nautica have confirmed Klong Toey as the docking port as have Azamara Quest and Seabourn Pride. It is one of the features of the smaller ships that they can navigate the river right to Klong Toey while the larger ships are stuck at the container port well out of the city.

Oceania Nautica have confirmed Klong Toey as the docking port as have Azamara Quest and Seabourn Pride. It is one of the features of the smaller ships that they can navigate the river right to Klong Toey while the larger ships are stuck at the container port well out of the city.

Thank You. May I ask how they confirmed it? I phoned Oceania in Miami and eventually was told Laem Chabang. I also e-mailed with no reply so far.

We were on Ocean Princess Asian cruise this past March and they did an overnight in Bangkok. There were 8 of us from Cruise Critic who did an overnight with Bangkok Day Tours. We went to the Tiger Temple and overnighted in this area. Next morning bright and early we traveled back to Bangkok for the floating market and other sites. The trip was well worth it and Dennis at Bangkok Day Tours is a delight to work with. He was the one who advised us where our ship was going to dock after we didn't get much help from Princess.

Unfortunately we docked at Laem Chabang and had a long drive from there. Even though we know the size of that ship could have allowed it to sail right into the city, it didn't do that. We figure it would have cost Princess more $$ to dock in Bangkok and that was why it docked in Laem Chabang. Just our uneducated guess! We are going back to Bangkok on Oceania Nautica next time and we hope we get to dock right in Bangkok as well as Saigon, the drive from the ports Princess chose are long and not much to see. HOpe we have better luck with OCeania getting their ships closer.

Hi there

We are on the Azamara Quest departing Singapore on Dec. 21, 2010. We have booked 2 days of tours with Mr. Chow in Bangkok (Dec. 25, and Dec 26, 2010--who comes highly recommended. We are interested in a few additional people to reduce the costs. Basically we are planning our own itinerary. So please contact me if you are interested and we can discuss the details.

plieberman@ocswssw.org.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived