Why should or why shouldn't I?

G&TQ

Yes. If they won't give you the price drop with their policy you could cancel, get full refund for all monies paid then rebook and be a "new booking".

Got a cruise booked that may have 'for new bookings' only prices next yr so this is great to know...many thanks for sharing this info!! :)

It amazes me that some people don't trust themselves to handle their own money. Somehow, things are better if they hand it over to a company and then not have to deal with it any more.:confused:

I prefer to have my money in my account where I control it for as long as possible. But, of course, that is just me.

A lot depends on the odds of needing that money for an emergency.

As for why a person might choose to pay well in advance, there are good reasons.

1.) Peace of Mind - knowing it's all paid off & waiting. The pain of gouging that hunk of money out of your checking account is now behind you. Only goodness ahead.

2.) Pay Deadline's gone - no having to keep up with when the money's due, concern that 'something will come up' (medical, ill relative, trouble at work or in marriage, unexpected pregnancy) & so distract you that you miss it, etc...

3.) No 'Set Asides' in Budget - when you look at your bank account total, that's really your total. All of it. Not 'that much minus $3,500 you still owe on that cruise.' Keeps Life simpler.

I personally don't pay full way in advance, but I don't let the deadline get close, either. A month or so from the final pay deadline seems good for me, I guess.

Richard.

I did pay off our last cruise a couple months early for a reason that hasn't been mentioned here:

My credit card was offering EXTRA REWARD POINTS for travel-related spending, and cruise payments counted. It didn't take much math to figure out that was worth more than the miniscule amount I was earning in my savings account.

If I hadn't had this unusual situation, I would've paid it off a week or so before the due date. I wouldn't wait until the very last second for fear that I'd get so busy at work that I'd neglect to get it done.

Yes, but I can just envision the look on her face when someone calls in and asks.... "I want to transfer a few thousand dollars from my bank account to a cruise line's bank account months earlier than necessary. Is this a good idea?"

:eek::eek::D

Wonder how many folks could 'catch' your meaning? :)

Can never understand folks who criticize people who have lots of money, like Suzie Orman and disparage the way she/they made lots of it...rather than following the advice given & having lots of it themselves...Seems a trifle self defeating to 'moi' anyway!! :)

Have happy cruisin' :)

Archived