Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

We started cruising with our kids in 1992. We did a few cruises before that which were PBA conventions and since DH was president of his local, he had to go on them (twist our arms lol) We loved them so much we booked a cruise on Destiny as a Christmas gift to our DS'es. They are 23 months apart in age and very close, so we knew they would have EACH OTHER, but we were so worried they would be bored hanging out with Mom and Dad for a week. They made a TON of friends before we even sailed out! :D We had the same rule that they had to meet us for dinner and they also did excursions with us, but we hardly ever saw them on sea days. Then they grew older, had serious gf'es and we went on cruises as "3 couples" then they got married to these women and we went on a few MORE cruises...last cruise we took with them was when DIL had just found out she was preg. with our lst grandbaby in Sept, 2008. We now have Bryan, born 3/28/09 and Grace born 5/4/09. Can't wait to start planning cruises with them too! ;)

Another observation: you really lucked out with the weather. Just wondering why you are sailing out from Baltimore in the middle of the winter for your next cruise. Seems like a long way to come for JUST A WEEK! But I'm sure it will be memorable for you. :cool:

It looks like you have a lot of wonderful memories.

Yes, we lucked out, 1/2 day of rain at our last port and that's out of 21 days.:)

Why Baltimore and why January? Several reasons, Tracy as you may or may not know is a Paramedic, however, she's also a final candidate to become a Mountie. (I'm a Mountie)

It's a life long dream of her to become a police officer. She became a duel citizen last year and she applied and got accepted. She wanted to wait until the kids were older before going away.

Chances are she will be leaving for 6 months of training sometimes after January and thus no summer vacations next year. As a new recruit, you do not get any vacation time.

Therefore we wanted to go on one more cruise before she leaves. Baltimore is the closest port to where we live. In addition, it's during Christmas break and the kids will not miss any school.

When she goes away I will miss her dearly, by proposing and renewing our vows again was my way of showing her how much I love her and support her.

It looks like you have a lot of wonderful memories.

Yes, we lucked out, 1/2 day of rain at our last port and that's out of 21 days.:)

Why Baltimore and why January? Several reasons, Tracy as you may or may not know is a Paramedic, however, she's also a final candidate to become a Mountie. (I'm a Mountie)

It's a life long dream of her to become a police officer. She became a duel citizen last year and she applied and got accepted. She wanted to wait until the kids were older before going away.

Chances are she will be leaving for 6 months of training sometimes after January and thus no summer vacations next year. As a new recruit, you do not get any vacation time.

Therefore we wanted to go on one more cruise before she leaves. Baltimore is the closest port to where we live. In addition, it's during Christmas break and the kids will not miss any school.

When she goes away I will miss her dearly, by proposing and renewing our vows again was my way of showing her how much I love her and support her.

Positive thoughts to Tracy to do well at Depot:) Lived in Regina for 3 yrs when my father was there !! GO GIRL GO!!!!:D

Now I know why I am still single! Tracy got the great guy!! You two are just amazing~ Congrats to her ( and you) and good luck in her training!

Friday, Sept 3rd : Cozumel : (Arrival 8:00 a.m - departure 5:00 p.m)

We skipped the workout today, ordered room service and enjoyed it on our balcony. Did I mention we love our balcony.

All of us went snorkeling except Rosemary, who wanted to go shopping and our good boy Mitchel who offered to accompany his Nanny. We docked at the same place Destiny (first cruise) had docked, now almost two weeks ago. Time flies when your having fun.

We signed up for ‘Snorkeling for Beginners’. We’ve only snorkeled once before and that was at Typhoon Lagoon, one of Disney’s water park. Tracy was apprehensive in doing it again but did not want to miss out. Typhoon Lagoon has this big tank filled with small leopard sharks (not dangerous), southern stingrays, queen angelfish and about a dozen other exotic fish. Tracy compared it to snorkeling in a fish bowl, she felt like she was to close to them and did not like it. The rest of us had a wonderful time. Hence, we never snorkeled again.

Today she absolutely loved it and now we are going to included snorkeling in all our cruises. Quoting Tracy " snorkeling in the wide open ocean is different and snorkeling in a fish bowl".

Typhoon Lagoon, 2006

Florida2006159.jpg

We all met (about a dozen from the ship) at the end of the pier at 9:45 a.m. Mamno led us to some taxis (included) and we were brought a short distance away. (5 min drive).

Getting instructions

105_105.jpg

Carnival Valor & Emerald Princess in background

106_106.jpg

Tracy (I can do this, I can do this)

107_107.jpg

Arielle and Grampy

108_108.jpg

Rick

109_109.jpg

what camera do you use Mike? I lost mine no clue where and really need to get a new one.

C'mon keep that review coming too.

Tracey thanks for popping in. Good luck with the academy. You'll do great you look fit as a fiddle.:D

Nikon D50, Olympus 1050SW (beach and underwater), Tracy has a small Canon. Also have photos provided by Rick and Grampy (cameras unknown)

I'll tell her, she's working right now.

Now I know why I am still single! Tracy got the great guy!! You two are just amazing~ Congrats to her ( and you) and good luck in her training!

Thank you, I'll tell her.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Anytime:).. had to call my father.. he was a conflict management teacher at Depot back in the day.... Also wanted to toot his horn he was a member of the RIOT squad and was at OKA and when the POPE was in Ottawa.... I just wanted to mention that as I am very proud of our RCMP... LOVE YOU ALL.. THANKS for your service:):) You all each and everyone of you MAKE US CANADA!!!!!:)

Wow congratulations Tracy. We need more women LEO, they bring a special point of view to the job. I am sure you will be awesome and you have the most important thing already in support at home.

Thanks flgojo, she's working right now but I'll make sure to tell her.

Anytime:).. had to call my father.. he was a conflict management teacher at Depot back in the day.... Also wanted to toot his horn he was a member of the RIOT squad and was at OKA and when the POPE was in Ottawa.... I just wanted to mention that as I am very proud of our RCMP... LOVE YOU ALL.. THANKS for your service:):) You all each and everyone of you MAKE US CANADA!!!!!:)

Thanks KruznKe, it's nice to be appreciate sometimes. In our jobs we are either hated or loved depending on who we are dealing with.

This is a fantastic review. My work has been suffering for the last few days. I want to start cruising with our kids, ages 3 and 7. Our last cruising experience was when our son was 15 months old and he was just too young. I think we are ready to give it a go again.

Mike, who did you book the snorkeling with? Was it through the ship? I have a couple of people in our group that are scared of deep water (they are very weak swimmers), so how deep was the water?

Thanks for serving our country, the RCMP are highly respected by everyone we know and is one of the coolest national symbols in the world.

Good luck to Tracy getting in to the RCMP, and both of you stay safe!!!

We were driven back by taxi (included in the price, $25 per person through Carnival) to the pier. We decided to return to the ship for lunch and met Nanny and Mitchel getting off the ship. We all went to the Lido deck. Some of us had Mongolian Grill, others got something at the Fish ‘n Chip and the rest had something at Rosie’s.

Then it was off for more shopping, the renewal of our vows is tomorrow. I’m glad that the girls had a few days to get ready, worked out perfectly.

Cruising2010308-1.jpg

Cruising2010309-1.jpg

Cruising2010310-1.jpg

Also in port with Carnival Conquest & Valor are Liberty of the sea and Emerald Princess

Cruising2010312-1.jpg

Cruising2010313-1.jpg

Great review, glad to hear there are some romantics out there.

Seems like there are alot of marrages that didn't start down on one knee but they all worked and seem happy.

Cozumel is a great place to snorkel for the first time because you can walk in from the beach and stay in shallow water if you wish.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Shumdit

I can say almost the opposite. DH is starting a 6 month Paramedic school on Monday, (October 11, 2010). He won't be going "away", but I'm sure he will have to have a lot of study time and clinicals. He has been a peace officer, (local sheriff and city), firefighter, and now he's going for the final civil service. Told him I want a cruise, (and I'm looking at out of Miami), when he is done.

I might even make him do a vow renewal, (your fault :D). Not to deter from your wonderful thread, but I do not have and engagement ring either, (I told him when we were getting married, 16 years ago). And have supported his public service as a Parole Officer for almost 20 years.

Yeah, your thread is getting sent to my DH!!!!

Mike, who did you book the snorkeling with? Was it through the ship? I have a couple of people in our group that are scared of deep water (they are very weak swimmers), so how deep was the water?

Thanks for serving our country, the RCMP are highly respected by everyone we know and is one of the coolest national symbols in the world.

Good luck to Tracy getting in to the RCMP, and both of you stay safe!!!

yes the Mounties are the coolest national icon :D for us Canadian, i love the holigram I have in my passport. I had my first tatoo over 30 years ago when it was not cool for women to have one..... The only other tatoo i want now is that holigram from my passport. It says I am Canadian :)

Very happy that you and the family will be taking another cruise before Tracy goes off to do training. here is wishing her all the success in the new venture she is going to do.

can we get on to the vows please ;) h