Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Finally going to sit down and read this thread, start to end! I've seen the thread, even read the first couple pages a while back but couldn't finish. Today I have the time and definitely have the interest!

Looking forward to all the info and pics! Thanks in advance for taking the time and putting forth such energy in your review!

Leaving on the Valor in 22 days, Imagination in March. (Too many days to count, darn it!)

Thanks again!

Hi there,

Here's how to subscribe to the thread, & you don't necessarily have to get email alerts.

On the top right of the bright blue Thread Bar, click on Thread Tools, then "Subscribe to this Thread." On the next screen, select your Notification Type (email or no email). If you don't want to receive the emails, then the next time you visit CruiseCritic, simply click on "Quick Links" (top right on the tan-colored bar) then "Subscribed Threads." If you click on the little upside-down carat (looks like one of these, but upside down: ^ ), it should bring you to the very next post from where you last left off.

:)

Hi there,

Here's how to subscribe to the thread, & you don't necessarily have to get email alerts.

On the top right of the bright blue Thread Bar, click on Thread Tools, then "Subscribe to this Thread." On the next screen, select your Notification Type (email or no email). If you don't want to receive the emails, then the next time you visit CruiseCritic, simply click on "Quick Links" (top right on the tan-colored bar) then "Subscribed Threads." If you click on the little upside-down carat (looks like one of these, but upside down: ^ ), it should bring you to the very next post from where you last left off.

:)

Always great to learn new things... thanks for the details! (I try to learn something new each and every day)

Mike. I remember your original thread about surprise or no and wondered what had happened. I have really enjoyed reading all about your vacation, your family and most of all your love for your wife. The part about counting down the days til she was in your arms again made me envious. ;)

When the fairy tale ends.. I take my son to school, grab some coffee and sit down to read the latest update. I don't know what I'll do when Mike reaches the end of the cruise/proposal/renewal thread. He just have to give us the play by play of Mountie Training;)

I'm going to back up a little here, before dinner I took photographs of us sailing away and I also wanted to included a couple of fun photos taken earlier today. Sorry I didn't insert them in the proper sequence of events.

Nathalie

DSCN1325-1.jpg

Nathalie & Nick

DSCN1322-1.jpg

Au Revoir (sailing away)

Cruising2010315.jpg

Bye, Bye

Cruising2010316.jpg

Cruising2010317.jpg

Cruising2010320.jpg

I've just spent Hours reading your review and from one Maritimer to another - you did real good! LOL ;)

THIS is what we love about Cruising- special people like you and your Family. Who knows - maybe we'll see you on Board sometime.

Congratulations on having such a committed and loving relationship as well!

Thanks neighbour

Great review! I have made it through the Destiny and the Imagination. I was on the Imagination last week and your pictures stirred up memories. I didn't know that was the owner's suite on the lido deck under the Imagination sign. I would think that would be a noisy area for a room. I'm looking forward to reading the Valor and Freedom reviews too!

Thank you for reading my review. I heard that the owner's suite can be noisy but for the right price I would mind trying it out.:D

My DH is a police officer and our 2 DS'es are also. DS #2 was just promoted to Detective. :D I know the sacrifices that are made.

Good luck to Tracey and enjoy planning your January cruise! BTW, my maternal GF was born and brought up in Buckingham, Quebec. My grandparents have passed, but my mom and her brothers and sisters are owners of the summer camp they had on Long Lake in the same town. ;)

Thanks Karen, we are all connected in one way or another.

Mike,

I came late to this review of your amazing vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey thru your eyes.

Because we are on the "left" coast we have not seen your ports, but if you check our sailing history you will discover that we very much enjoy the Carnival Spirit. I suspect that you will enjoy the Carnival Pride for your Christmas vacation.

I did some quick research and if your budget can handle it Vista Suite 4237 is available and balcony cabin 4230 is available just a few doors down. That Vista suite is very special if you enjoy balcony time. That is an aft wrap that are very different than other classes of ships. If the budget can handle it you might enjoy that option, especially with you wife perhaps leaving for an extended training period.

No matter what I really hope you enjoy the Carnival Pride and your time spent aboard her.

Edited by Fazzdaan

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry, with the renewal!! We leave for Miami on Sunday morning to board our cruise on the Imagination on Monday. I don't want to wait until we return to see the renewal. (just kidding - you have done a fantastic job on this review - I have enjoyed reading, especially the Imagination since we will be on her next week) If I don't get to read it before we leave, it will give me something to look forward to when we return, since it's always a let down returning from a cruise:( By the way, I loved Arielle snorkeling in her pearls. What class!! Thanks again for keeping us all entertained.

Thanks, have a nice cruise. If all goes to plan I will be at the renewal tomorrow night.:)

Snorkeling pics are great! Also in my madness to continually keep this post on the front page!!! (makes it easier for us to find the next installment quickly:D)

Interesting you were able to go under water. While an avid swimmer in both pools and lakes I never snorkeled until I did an excursion in Bermuda in 2006. They would not let us go under the water. They said for safety but I'm also sure it is to protect that beautiful reef of theirs.

Cozumel looks fantastic, thanks so much for post the pictures. We've yet to do a western itinerary and it's on my wish list.

My DH is former cop. As he always said to me, you unfortunately see the public at it's worst and during a crisis so it's a love-hate relationship although most appreciate the jobs you officers of the law do.

Just remember while Tracy is away that she's doing something she has always wanted to do. While you're at it pat yourself on the back for understanding your partner's wants and needs out of life. Not many husbands that understanding and/or willing for their wives to be away that long for their careers.

Keep the photos coming!

Kathy

Thanks , appreaciate all your comments.

Amazing job Mike! This review has me riveted and using up any spare time I get!:)

One thing I find amazing is that you are relatively new to cruising!!! Wow! when you find something you like, you sure don't waste any time, do you!:D That said, you definitely have the knack of getting the most from your trip... a talent some cruisers take a long time coming to... and after just one cruise you booked this wonderful adventure... again, very impressed!

I was curious about elegant night on Carnival... from your pictures of the dining room it looks like lots of men just wear shirts and ties, no jackets (awesome, btw) was that typical of all the ships you've been on? My dh will be trying Carnival for the first time when we go on the Freedom and the other lines seem to have more tux-wearing gents than I saw in your picture.

Thank you thank you thank you ... you are almost done... :( ... and I wanted it to last and last and last...

Thank you.

To answer your question, I went back and looked at some of my photos of elegant nights and I found that if it falls on a sea day more men are wearing suits than on elegant nights in port. Might have something to do with less time to get ready.

Finally going to sit down and read this thread, start to end! I've seen the thread, even read the first couple pages a while back but couldn't finish. Today I have the time and definitely have the interest!

Looking forward to all the info and pics! Thanks in advance for taking the time and putting forth such energy in your review!

Leaving on the Valor in 22 days, Imagination in March. (Too many days to count, darn it!)

Thanks again!

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the Valor as much as we did.

Mike. I remember your original thread about surprise or no and wondered what had happened. I have really enjoyed reading all about your vacation, your family and most of all your love for your wife. The part about counting down the days til she was in your arms again made me envious. ;)

Thanks Sherrybaby for taking the time to read my threads.

I have every read. I am totally enjoying this. Just got off the Liberty of the Seas last Sunday and was on the Valor last October and it sure is nice to relive my Valor cruise through your pictures .

From one Canadian to another, you did well. You have a beautiful family and you can certainly feel the love. Waiting patiently for the rest and really appreciate that writing a review of this magnitude to benefit all of us is definitely a labour of love.

Bevie

I love the Pride; we have sailed her twice. Ditto on the earlier post about the aft wrap on the Pride. My DH and I had the one on the main deck, 4237, on the Miracle for our 35th anniversary. The balcony is amazing! I also had 4230 with my sister on a cruise and it is a nice deep balcony as well. Pictures to follow. Loving this review!

Cabin 4237. Sailing into St. Kitts. We sail with friends and always host drinks on our balcony; morning and evenings!

2160509950064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the aft wrap next door when I cruised with my sister; they hosted our group from cruise critic at sailaway.

2478411290064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Close up of the aft balconies on the Miracle; Pride is the same

2107246200064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by gail811

In the evening we went to see ‘Motown & More’ starring the King of that Sweet Soul Music Marcus Anthony. If you love Motown make sure you attend this show in the Ivanhoe Theater.

They had the big Deck Party on the Lido Deck tonight along with the Mexican buffet but we were tired and called it a night. Arielle and Mitchel attended and had a great time.

Filling up

Cruising2010341-1.jpg

Big Tex (cruise director) opened the show by serenading this lady, it was funny, she had her hands all over him.

Cruising2010342-1.jpg

Marcus Anthony

Cruising2010343-1.jpg

Cruising2010344-1.jpg

Cruising2010345-1.jpg

Couples dancing on stage

Cruising2010346-1.jpg

Mike,

I came late to this review of your amazing vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey thru your eyes.

Because we are on the "left" coast we have not seen your ports, but if you check our sailing history you will discover that we very much enjoy the Carnival Spirit. I suspect that you will enjoy the Carnival Pride for your Christmas vacation.

I did some quick research and if your budget can handle it Vista Suite 4237 is available and balcony cabin 4230 is available just a few doors down. That Vista suite is very special if you enjoy balcony time. That is an aft wrap that are very different than other classes of ships. If the budget can handle it you might enjoy that option, especially with you wife perhaps leaving for an extended training period.

No matter what I really hope you enjoy the Carnival Pride and your time spent aboard her.

Thank you and I will look into it.

I have every read. I am totally enjoying this. Just got off the Liberty of the Seas last Sunday and was on the Valor last October and it sure is nice to relive my Valor cruise through your pictures .

From one Canadian to another, you did well. You have a beautiful family and you can certainly feel the love. Waiting patiently for the rest and really appreciate that writing a review of this magnitude to benefit all of us is definitely a labour of love.

Bevie

Thank you for reading it and we appreaciate your kind words.

I love the Pride; we have sailed her twice. Ditto on the earlier post about the aft wrap on the Pride. My DH and I had the one on the main deck, 4237, on the Miracle for our 35th anniversary. The balcony is amazing! I also had 4230 with my sister on a cruise and it is a nice deep balcony as well. Pictures to follow. Loving this review!

Cabin 4237. Sailing into St. Kitts. We sail with friends and always host drinks on our balcony; morning and evenings!

2160509950064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the aft wrap next door when I cruised with my sister; they hosted our group from cruise critic at sailaway.

2478411290064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Close up of the aft balconies on the Miracle; Pride is the same

2107246200064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you, very nice pictures.

Mike, I have been keeping up since the beginning and am enjoying it IMMENSELY. I do have a question that I don't remember anyone asking. How long did it take ya'll to get your land legs back? When I've been on a ship for a week, I sway back and forth for a few days after I get home. I'm guessing, after almost a MONTH on a ship, ya'll are STILL swaying! I know..you were on land for port calls..but you were at sea more time than on land. How did that work for you? Thanks again for the epic review.

(btw..I'm on team Mike)