Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Mike, I too have been following your review from since you started and I am very sad to have it come to an end :(

What an awesome family vacation!!!! I am so happy for you & your family...what a dream come true!!!! We are taking our 7 year old on his 1st cruise in May with his aunts and grandparents.....very excited:D

Thank you so much for thanking the time to do this for your fellow cruise critic friends!!!

WOW what can I say this is definitely a Best Seller. I starting reading this review last night and couldn`t wait to get up this morning to continue reading it, that says something because I am not a big reader, but you kept my interest going. You have a beautiful family and you prove something, that it is real, not some soap opera. You are Canadian, even better a Martimer. I am living in Nova Scotia but from Newfoundland. I also worked with the RCMP back in 1984 in Newfoundland on the great Northern Peninsula. This is not only memories for you and your family but you have made cruise critic members part of it. Thanks so much for all the time you put into this review. We are booked for the Carnival Freedom next May. I noted that you have a NIKON 50 I have a Nikon D5000 and hoping to be able to use it probably by the time of our cruise comes along. What type of a lens did you use. Your pictures, and narritive were excellent, thanks again for the great review. The renewal was just so romantic. :)

Wow, what an adventure! I've been following almost from the beginning. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us.

To those of you that don't know what to read now, here is a link to another epic review. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893 I know some of you have already read it, I think her screen name is Chasingrainbows or something similar was a major player.

I'll be watching for your next review.

Sewut

Hi there, the review you are referring to is Bill's World Cruise. I was just along for the ride with everyone else, except I offered to post his pictures. Everyday, he would email me photos, and I would post them (was much easier for him and save him a ton in internet fees).

A few of us from that world cruise (it was OUR cruise too... lol... even though we just watched from our computers... lol) keep in touch and had the thread moved over to floataway.

But, if you haven't read it and want something to read, go for it. He did a great job until the end and bless his heart, he just gave up. He was tired and homesick and not feeling well.

Mike, thanks so much for posting your review and pictures. I have enjoyed it from day one!

Edited by chasinraynbowz

Just chiming in with my thanks. I don't know how you all weren't balling your eyes out when you saw those ships while you were flying home. Can't even imagine what it was like to stay in a hotel in Boston after being on ships for an entire month! If you have a cure for PCD (or ACB-after cruise blues-as I refer to it!) you should bottle it and sell it! :cool: I think all of us posters should put a countdown clock in our sig for the day you get back from the Pride so we can look for the next review! :D;) As a few others have said, happy trails to you and enjoy planning for the Pride!

The pictures flying over the ships are FANTASTIC! It was almost

like the captain did it JUST for you! :p

I know that I've said this several times before, but thanks again

for taking the time to do this review! I looks like all of you had

a BLAST!! I sure hope my cruise is as fun as yours appeared

to be!!:)

Thanks for the wonderful review. I throroughly enjoyed it all. OK, now that the fun is over we need you to get back to work, so those of us in your fair town can feel safe again. I can't imagine how you had time to work and keep up with this thread. Seriously, thanks for all the hard work you put into this. You gave those of us who have a long wait for their next cruise something to dream about.

Mike, I absolutely loved all of your posts and pictures. This is hands down the best review ever.

You have an amazing family and have given them memories for a lifetime. Can't wait till you cruise again to read another "Excellent Adventure".;)

Thanks so much for keeping me entertained for several weeks.

Thank you gvlgolflady.:)

I have been reading your posts from the first day and I want to tell you that it's one of the best reviews I've ever read. Thank you so much for taking us along on your journey with you. The best to you and your family!!

Thank you sandyj55, I see you are going to be cruising on Carnival Freedom next year. I'm sure you are going to love her. Happy sailing. Mike

Hello Mike and Family :)

I found your thread during the posting of the first leg of your journey and have faithfully tuned in almost every day, as have a gazillion of your other fans! Can't say anything you haven't heard already: thank you for sharing your trip and memories and family with us. And as someone else mentioned I think it's AMAZING how you have taken the time and effort to respond to EVERY reply.

Happy future travels and best wishes to you and your lovely family.

Jo

P.S. Can't wait til your next review! :D

Thank you and all the best to you and your.

Now I am not going to have anything to read!!!! I enjoyed reading your review. I hope you come back and do one for the next cruise.

The pictures from the airplane are neat. I have never seen the port from the air. Thank You for to you and your family sharing your wonderful vacation with us.

Thanks tmt218, I sincerely hope that I have a lot more cruises to review on CC because this has been a lot of fun.

THANK YOU! From start to finish a wonderful review! I LOVE the picture of you flying over the Freedom; in all the reviews I have read I don't think I have ever seen a shot like that! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your family; you are truly blessed!

Thank you gail811, I see you are also sailing on the Freedom soon, have a wonderful cruise. Mike

I just want to let you know how much I really enjoyed reading your review and also enjoyed all of your beautiful pictures. I spent a couple of hours reading the other day and looked forward to reading more each day since then. I've noticed all the other comments, so I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has said, but I do want to thank you for taking the time to share your family's experiences and pictures of your vacation. You have a wonderful family and your review shows how much you all mean to each other and that is so nice to see this day and age. I hope you have a great experience on Carnival Pride and look forward to reading your review of that as well. I don't know what I'm going to do now that your review is basically finished - maybe get caught up on housework I've neglected this past week while enjoying your cruise through your review. :)

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Mike, this has been an unbeliveable journey just as everyone else has said. I do intend to read it again as I'm sure many of us will.

I don't know if this has been asked but how in the WORLD did you keep all of those details straight ? Did you keep a journal and a log of your meals? I started a journal on our cruise on the Legend in Feb. I wrote for all of the first three days and that was IT. What I wrote on those three days was nothing like what you've written.

I have kept a journal for every vacation we have taken. I carry around a small note book in my pocket so I can scribble notes and then the first thing each morning when everyone is still asleep I use these notes to update my journal. I also encourage the kids to keep a journal, they hate doing it but I'm sure they will thank me some day.

In between vacations, Tracy and I love to take out the journals and read about our adventures. Even better now that we have CC to keep a record of it.

Thank you so much for captivating our hearts and minds over the last 30 days. I was already spending too much time on CC, your review made my addiction to CC even worse. LOL

Of all the reviews and photos I've seen on here, I have NEVER seen any fomr the plane flying over ships. Wow, that was as dramatic as the hero riding off into the sunset on his trusty horse. How PERFECT for YOU to end that way.

Some of the older readers will relate. I feel like singing, "Happy trails to you, until we meet again........................"

We'll be waiting !

Thank you Delta Dear, you look like a lovely couple and here's to having our paths meet some day. Mike

I have throughly enjoyed writing this review and I want to thank everyone that has viewed my thread and especially everyone who has posted a response. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to provide an answer if possible.

Mike & Tracy

Mike, it should be us, the readers, who should be thanking you for sharing your vacations with us;) My family is reading this on different computers, in different cities and one thing is the same, THE BEST REVIEW WE HAVE EVER READ!:D

Thank you,

Linda, Roland, Joshua

Thank you Linda, Roland, Joshua. :):):)

My goal was to finish my own review (which I did) so now I can sit down and start this one at the beginning. I've looked at snippets but wanted to wait and go from start to finish.

I will thank you in advance for all of your work. I know it is going to be good based on the count. Just noticed that I am going to be #150,000. Congratulations...that has to be some sort of record!

Time to start reading...:)

Thanks AryMay, I know what you mean by being busy with a review.Your Legend review was one of only two that I took the time to follow as much as I could. Your photos were fantastic, especially the ones underwater. You all appeared to have as much fun as we did. Now that I will have more time soon I plan on reading your Freedom review as well. Mike

Reading your review was like being on vacation. It was captivating, exciting, entertaining, funny and warm. It shows the kind of person you are to take that much time out of your life to share it with all of us. Your family is very lucky. Wishing you and yours lots of wonderful vacations in the future and all the best to you all. Thanks, Evelyn icon7.gif

Mike - Thanks so much for all your work on your review! We usually take two getaways a year - one in April for my birthday and one in October for my boyfriend Andy's birthday - and started taking cruises for our trips last year. He just started a new job two months ago and was unable to take any time off so I have been spending my (pre-scheduled in January) vacation week cleaning closets and reading your review! What a treat! (the review, not the closets LOL):)

Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Erin

Wow, what an adventure! I've been following almost from the beginning. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us.

To those of you that don't know what to read now, here is a link to another epic review. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893 I know some of you have already read it, I think her screen name is Chasingrainbows or something similar was a major player.

I'll be watching for your next review.

Sewut

Thank you Sewet, I quickly had a look at the review posted above, looks good. Went I have more time I will have to investigate it further. Mike :)

Hi Mike I just wanted to let you know that I been reading your reveiw from day one and without a doubt the best I've seen. I want to thank-you for taking the time and letting us all into your family. Hopefully someday we will get to cruise with you and your wonderful family. Happy Cruising!:)

Tom

Thank you Tom, Hey if you or anyone else sees us on a future cruise by all means come and say hello. Mike :):)

We have been reading and following this since I saw the B2B2B2B on the Carnival Forum. This has been 1 AWESOME Review and we have throughly enjoyed reading and following along! Hope to catch your next review as you really are a Great at Telling your story! Thank You for sharing your experience with all of us on here.:D:D:D

Thank you SteelerCruiser, I'm looking forward to doing this all over again when we get back from our Pride cruise. :D

Mike, I have been following your review since the beginning. I too have been in awe of your photos and your adventures. I wanted to thank you for spending the hours it took you to do this and giving us such a personal perspective. My husband walked by the computer as I was looking at your wedding photos and he said "Who is the gorgeous woman". I had to tell him that she is even more beautiful now. (It isn't just your wife who is beautiful the whole family is) I have not been on any of these ships but it gives me food for thought. Again, thank you so much. I think Carnival should pay you to go on your next cruise you could work for them as a publicist and you and Tracy could be personal trainers too.

Karen