Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Mike,

I wonder if that makes you think before you use it one someone? Thankfully they don't have you shot yourself to see how that feels.

I guess Tracy is almost halfway through her training. Do you get to visit her anytime soon?

Janice

Hi Janice, she is two days away from being half way, she has been very busy and unfortunately I won't get to see her until the graduation, in mid August. Purchased our airline tickets last week and I can't wait to see her. It will also be nice to see her parents too. Mike

Over the past two days, I have read your Pride review and your B2B2B2B review. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them and it's helped to pass the time until I leave for San Juan and my Victory cruise on Saturday. Thank you so much for sharing your family and your experiences with us. Such a beautiful family!

I hope Tracy's training is going well and that you and the kids are doing well in her absence.

Looking forward to your next review!!

Deborah

Over the past two days, I have read your Pride review and your B2B2B2B review. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them and it's helped to pass the time until I leave for San Juan and my Victory cruise on Saturday. Thank you so much for sharing your family and your experiences with us. Such a beautiful family!

I hope Tracy's training is going well and that you and the kids are doing well in her absence.

Looking forward to your next review!!

Deborah

Thank you Deborah, enjoy your cruise. I'm also looking forward to my next review because that means I have to cruise to write one. :)

How I miss Carnival's Chocolate Buffet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sinful!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Then we headed to chocolate buffet on the Lido deck for more desserts.

054_54.jpg

Cruising2010463-1.jpg

056_56.jpg

057_57.jpg

Mmmm, the chocolate fountain

058_58.jpg

055_55.jpg

she might be a little busy to do one but it would be great...comparison to cruise life would be stark

last time I stayed in depot I slept on an old hospital bed that was way to short (I am 6'4')

it was winter and the single pane windows leaked like crazy

do not remember the cafeteria food so it was not great nor life threatening but definately not an attraction

full contact floor hockey a step up from shuffleboard though

pass on my good wishes to her

Tracy has completed 8 weeks out of 25 weeks. Very busy, very interesting as she puts it. Yesterday she had to do pepper spray (mace) training. Each cadet has to be sprayed in the face so that so that they know first hand, how it affects the body. She said it was the worst thing she ever experience. :eek:

First I have to say KUDOS on an awesome review. I just stumbled upon it last night and finished it up this evening. DH and I are sailing on Valor in 101 days 1st time cruisers, Oh BTW Valor now has Serenity:D

I have to laugh at Tracy just like I laughed at my oldest DD when she was at basic and they had chemical warfare training or something like that. I actually have the video they made of the soldiers coming out and there is my poor baby all teary eyed looking like I do not know what,:eek: as drool was pouring out of places I had not seen drool come out of since she was a wee lil one. LOL

Happy Cruising

There you have it, 30 days away, 4 cruises and 21 days at sea. It all adds up to our best vacation ever.[/color][/size]

I started this review 29 days ago and I’m not quite done yet, as promised I will be posting the Fun Times for each ship starting with Destiny tomorrow. It might take me several days to post all 4 Fun Times, scanning documents is a slow process, each Fun Time day is actually 5 to 6 scans.

I have throughly enjoyed writing this review and I want to thank everyone that has viewed my thread and especially everyone who has posted a response. If anyone has any questions I will be happy to provide an answer if possible.

Mike - I am so way late to the table on this review (we just booked our 10yr anniversary trip and so I'm back to obsessing on CC while I wait LOL), but I had to chime in anyway.

This review was just amazing. I feel like I know you and your family, I feel like I got to be on vacation with you (I even had my cruise playlist going in the background for most of it). You are truly a very blessed man, and what makes it even more wonderful is that you realize it, too.

Congratulations on your vow renewal. Well done.

Can't wait to read whatever is left to enjoy -- like everyone else, I just don't want this to end! Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

Side note: You passed by my way on your way home -- I am about only 30 miles north of Andover MA :D

I'm scrolling throught the message boards and on the first page is your review.

IF I remember, she entered Mounty "School" after being a paramedic, where my DH entered Paramedic "School" after being a Police Officer. He finished today.

Glad to hear she is doing well. And Glad your review is still hanging around.

she might be a little busy to do one but it would be great...comparison to cruise life would be stark

last time I stayed in depot I slept on an old hospital bed that was way to short (I am 6'4')

it was winter and the single pane windows leaked like crazy

do not remember the cafeteria food so it was not great nor life threatening but definately not an attraction

full contact floor hockey a step up from shuffleboard though

pass on my good wishes to her

Thanks Captain, I'll tell her. I hope she finds the time to visit this thread soon. Now that her troop is half way, they might ease up on them. :confused:

Hi everyone, this is Tracy.

I think the only words I have for all of this is WOW!, this is truly AMAZING!. I knew Mike was putting a review on here, but I didn’t think it would become so popular.

This years vacation was my favorite. I guess I can’t make fun of him anymore about how he never asked me to marry him. As a young girl I always dreamed of the man I love getting down on one knee and proposing, like you see in the movies.

He kept the secret extremely well and I never saw it coming. Now when I think back it all adds up. He took me to look at rings, (I had my original wedding ring stolen years ago and Mike kept saying "well, maybe on our 20th wedding anniversary I’ll buy you another one"), he kept bringing me shopping for dresses (unusual), he wanted me to have plenty of time to get ready for the evening and look nice (also unusual for him to take that much interest), he wanted to sit next to me instead of opposite, which is where he would sit normally. Yes 2+2=4 now.

I felt so special on that evening, I still feel on top of the world and I have to tell myself that, OMG this really happened and I’m so lucky. I’m married to a man that I truly love with all my heart and he did this for me. He made me feel so special.

To all those guys out there that have been reading Mikes review. It’s never too late. This was even more special for me, because after all these years, for him to do this,( which was a bit out of character for him) just makes me love him and want him so much more.

Ladies, just keep hinting around and eventually it will happen, hopefully it won’t take 17 years though.

I’m so happy to see that our vacation is being enjoyed by so many nice people, I’ve been reading all the comments, every single one makes me smile and I hope I get to meet some of you on a future Cruise. Thank you for that.

After reading this review and reading your response, the tears keep flowing. It's a beautiful story and all the details that went into planning amaze me. My fiancee and I are getting married on the Imagination in just 43 days and I hope 25 years from now we are this happy and in love.

You guys are amazing!! Congrats again and cheers to another 25+ years of happiness!!

It looks like you have a lot of wonderful memories.

Yes, we lucked out, 1/2 day of rain at our last port and that's out of 21 days.:)

Why Baltimore and why January? Several reasons, Tracy as you may or may not know is a Paramedic, however, she's also a final candidate to become a Mountie. (I'm a Mountie)

It's a life long dream of her to become a police officer. She became a duel citizen last year and she applied and got accepted. She wanted to wait until the kids were older before going away.

Chances are she will be leaving for 6 months of training sometimes after January and thus no summer vacations next year. As a new recruit, you do not get any vacation time.

Therefore we wanted to go on one more cruise before she leaves. Baltimore is the closest port to where we live. In addition, it's during Christmas break and the kids will not miss any school.

When she goes away I will miss her dearly, by proposing and renewing our vows again was my way of showing her how much I love her and support her.

That's awesome! Congrats to her! :)

My family loves cruising - we've been cruising since I was about 14 and now I'm 29 going on my wedding cruise with my whole family! It's something to really cherish. Although we don't do every port/excursion together, we always meet back at dinner.

My fiancee and I want to continue the tradition that my family and I have been doing for 15 years. I know that he'll be hooked after this cruise (it's his first.)

What you do for your family and wife, you don't see much anymore and it's nice to be that breath of fresh air! You are a real stand up guy!!! Kudos to you!:D

Hi Mike... I loved your review! We were on the Valor a couple years ago and loved her. She is my favorite ship thus far. We are heading out on the Freedom in November also, so I really enjoyed the inside sneak peak of the ship. Also considering the Destiny for a surpise Christmas cruise for my sons...either the Destiny or the Paradise. Both older ships...but what I can afford at Christmas. LOL!

We are only 2 hours from Baltimore. It might be worth considering a cruise on the pride...No air costs. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

With all of your cruises...who was your favorite Cruise Director? We loved Big Tex.

Dawn

LOL at the dog in the stroller...a very very common thing to see everywhere in South Florida now....even in large malls

there is a local comedian who has a good joke

"Welcome to Boca, where they put their kids on leashes and their dogs in strollers"

Boca is bad enough...but Coconut Grove?? At the mall place there you barely saw a child but so many various dogs, in and out of strollers, wearing clothes...jimmy buffet shirts and sunglasses, urban wear hoodies, casual wear, a bulldog had on a nautical outfit LOL

all the restaurants there allow pets out on the patio dining

I saw a lovely gray poodle wearing a burgandy satin gown and sparkly necklace, she was perched on a chair at the pricey Italian restaurant there and happily being served at the table ...yum yum...LOL

I have also seen some cats in strollers!

Hahaha it really is super common in South Florida. Dolphin mall has them mostly in bags, in Pembroke Pines where I live you see people jogging with them in strollers and once I saw a double stroller with a child and dog!!!!

I find it strangely comical.

The rocks sticking out in the Ft. Lauderdale beach picture is called the Jetty. We used to go there when I was a child.

The Key West pictures are great. We have banyan trees in my area. I'm like the other poster in that I haven't been to Key West in years. It sort of looks respectable now. (I'm kidding, but it used to have a "reputation")

Wonderful review!

LOL it still has that reputation. Just most of those come out to play at night or the week of Fantasy Fest. lolol I was just there a few months back and we saw everything KW is known for. lolol

That's what makes down here so great - the diversity. Haha

Hi Janice, she is two days away from being half way, she has been very busy and unfortunately I won't get to see her until the graduation, in mid August. Purchased our airline tickets last week and I can't wait to see her. It will also be nice to see her parents too. Mike

Sorry to hear that you have to wait until August, but the good news is you are halfway there. I am sure her parents will be excited to see everyone.

Oh my goodness! Lovely pictures of propsal and renewal vows! But there is only one picture I am missing..where is that picture of the kiss? I love romantic stories.

Thank you for taking the time to write everything about each cruise! I am on page 34 and am not even done reading the rest of the posts. Plan to read when I get a chance.

First I have to say KUDOS on an awesome review. I just stumbled upon it last night and finished it up this evening. DH and I are sailing on Valor in 101 days 1st time cruisers, Oh BTW Valor now has Serenity:D

I have to laugh at Tracy just like I laughed at my oldest DD when she was at basic and they had chemical warfare training or something like that. I actually have the video they made of the soldiers coming out and there is my poor baby all teary eyed looking like I do not know what,:eek: as drool was pouring out of places I had not seen drool come out of since she was a wee lil one. LOL

Happy Cruising

Thank you B and C Blake, when I was there we only had the tear gas training since it was before we started using pepper spray and the tazer. Having experienced all three I prefer getting tazered followed by tear gas and I will never volunteer again, pepper spray. It's not like in the movies, tazers does not knock you out, it's intense pain and physical immobility for the duration of the shock. (usually 5 seconds), after that they are usually happy to comply.

Mike - I am so way late to the table on this review (we just booked our 10yr anniversary trip and so I'm back to obsessing on CC while I wait LOL), but I had to chime in anyway.

This review was just amazing. I feel like I know you and your family, I feel like I got to be on vacation with you (I even had my cruise playlist going in the background for most of it). You are truly a very blessed man, and what makes it even more wonderful is that you realize it, too.

Congratulations on your vow renewal. Well done.

Can't wait to read whatever is left to enjoy -- like everyone else, I just don't want this to end! Thank you so much for sharing with us :)

Side note: You passed by my way on your way home -- I am about only 30 miles north of Andover MA :D

Thank you so much rnvattes, congratulations on your upcoming 10th anniversary trip. :)

I'm scrolling throught the message boards and on the first page is your review.

IF I remember, she entered Mounty "School" after being a paramedic, where my DH entered Paramedic "School" after being a Police Officer. He finished today.

Glad to hear she is doing well. And Glad your review is still hanging around.

Thank you Naomi John, tell your DH congratulation on completing his training and good luck in his new career. Mike

After reading this review and reading your response, the tears keep flowing. It's a beautiful story and all the details that went into planning amaze me. My fiancee and I are getting married on the Imagination in just 43 days and I hope 25 years from now we are this happy and in love.

You guys are amazing!! Congrats again and cheers to another 25+ years of happiness!!

Thank you very much , (the future Mrs. Gomez) :). The best of luck to both of you and have a wonderful time on the Imagination. Mike

That's awesome! Congrats to her! :)

My family loves cruising - we've been cruising since I was about 14 and now I'm 29 going on my wedding cruise with my whole family! It's something to really cherish. Although we don't do every port/excursion together, we always meet back at dinner.

My fiancee and I want to continue the tradition that my family and I have been doing for 15 years. I know that he'll be hooked after this cruise (it's his first.)

What you do for your family and wife, you don't see much anymore and it's nice to be that breath of fresh air! You are a real stand up guy!!! Kudos to you!:D

Thanks again, he better like it (fiancee) if he knows what good for him.:D

Hi Mike... I loved your review! We were on the Valor a couple years ago and loved her. She is my favorite ship thus far. We are heading out on the Freedom in November also, so I really enjoyed the inside sneak peak of the ship. Also considering the Destiny for a surpise Christmas cruise for my sons...either the Destiny or the Paradise. Both older ships...but what I can afford at Christmas. LOL!

We are only 2 hours from Baltimore. It might be worth considering a cruise on the pride...No air costs. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

With all of your cruises...who was your favorite Cruise Director? We loved Big Tex.

Dawn

Thank you Dawn, appreciate it. It's nice to have several choices. Can't go wrong with any of them. My favorite cruise director hands down was Big Tex. :)

Oh my goodness! Lovely pictures of propsal and renewal vows! But there is only one picture I am missing..where is that picture of the kiss? I love romantic stories.

Blame it on my photographer, if Nathalie, Nanny or Arielle would have been taking the photos instead of Rick, you can be sure there would have been a few photos of us kissing.

Thank you for taking the time to write everything about each cruise! I am on page 34 and am not even done reading the rest of the posts. Plan to read when I get a chance.

Thanks Scrapbookhappy11, glad your enjoying it. :)