Anyone stay at Hampton Inn on Stirling Rd recently?

Berk987

Looking for 2 rooms (4 adults and 4 kids). I hear Oakwood Plaza is next door and within walking distance.

How was the shuttle from the a/p?

How was the shuttle to the port?

Free in both cases since I called the htl but just wanted to know if you waited long or it was a hassel and easier to get a taxi? Tons of people waiting?

Rooms decent?

Thanks.

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and will will staying there again in November. Once you have received all your bags at the airport there is a courtesy area to call your hotel. The hotel will tell ou where to wait for the shuttle and it generally arrives in 15-20 minutes depending on traffic etc. The shuttle to the port leaves at 11:30 a.m. - make sure to sign up for it when you arrive. it accomodates the guests from both the Hampton and the Comfort Inn next door. The accomodations were very nice, the beds were super comfortable, breakfast was decent with many hot and cold items to choose from. Oakwood Plaza is next door so you have a wide array of restaurant choices and some shopping too for last minute items. Hope this helps.

The last time we stayed at a hotel with free shuttle to the port (Nov 2008 and Nov 2009) there were tons of people in the lobby - Hyatt Place North. crowded like heck. Usually around 10-11am. Is it like that? About 50+ people with luggage and the shuttle only holds 14 people? Thanks.

The last time we stayed at a hotel with free shuttle to the port (Nov 2008 and Nov 2009) there were tons of people in the lobby - Hyatt Place North. crowded like heck. Usually around 10-11am. Is it like that? About 50+ people with luggage and the shuttle only holds 14 people? Thanks.

and that is exactly why we decided not to stay at Hyatt Place North this time. I am really thinking of calling a cab for our trip to the port if this hotel is anything like the Hyatt.

correct. We usually leave around 1pm after having lunch. We didn't want to deal with the Lido buffet either with the crowds of people. After 1pm the shuttle is fine but between 10-11 it is horrible. crowds with luggage everywhere and the shuttle only fits like 14 people anyway. It's not like those regular size yellow school buses or big tour buses. we were going to take a taxi if we stayed at HPN this year but maybe we'll try the Hampton Inn but I like the location of the HPN (Total Wine and Publix).

We never take the hotel's shuttle to the ship. As previous posters have said, it's like a stampede. It's worth it to us to pay $15 for a taxi and not have to deal with the mob. After all we saved a lot of money on the hotel. We also plan to leave before the shuttle so there are less people in front of us checking in at the pier.

I dont actually recall a stampede, they actually had us all in a tour bus - similar to a Greyhound, it was a very comfortable and pleasant ride. Just remember you are on vacation, just relax and enjoy.

Many on here have posted that K-Mart in the shopping center has a wine selection - also water and soda. No Total Wine nearby.

Wine selection is good and prices were really good! Easy walk from the hotel. Most nicer restaurants are on the other end of Oakwood center from the hotel, but we were able to walk it, no problem. There was also a Dave and Busters there a year ago, in case you need some entertainment instead of the movie theatres.

If you've already booked, you may want to keep an eye on the BookIt website for a price drop. I just re-booked the mystery hotel (Hampton Inn) because it dropped $12.00. They waived the cancellation fee (it's a re-booking, not a cancellation). Two rooms for three nights for us, so it was worth the effort.

If you've already booked, you may want to keep an eye on the BookIt website for a price drop. I just re-booked the mystery hotel (Hampton Inn) because it dropped $12.00. They waived the cancellation fee (it's a re-booking, not a cancellation). Two rooms for three nights for us, so it was worth the effort.

I just went to Bookitdotcom and the price is exactly what I booked it for two weeks ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know it will depend on the date of your booking. Mine is in January. It still may be worth checking, now and then, in case your booking date does drop in price.

Hope it does.:)

Thanks for the tip....................will watch the site.

I booked today for my pre-cruise Jan. 6th. The price has been changing weekly at bookit.com. Sometimes for the "mystery hotel" it will say only 5 rooms left, but it says that all week. Sometimes the price goes down and sometimes it goes up, to as much as $120. It went back down today and I booked, receiving the Hampton Inn & Suites on Stirling for around $63 ($80 total). Not bad for a decent place with airport and cruiseport shuttles plus free breakfast!

Has anyone ever left their car at this hotel for the cruise duration? I spoke to a young girl when I called in, she acted confused and said "we don't charge for parking, it's free!" I just don't want to be towed, LOL. :)

I too would like to know if we can park for free while we are on our cruise.

Thanks

I too would like to know if we can park for free while we are on our cruise.

Thanks

we booked hotel thru stay123.com for 100+tax included 14 days parking, shuttles & breakfast. rather get what we want instead of taking a chance to save a little money. ad

Archived