FANTASY 9/18-24: Still ROCKS after all these years!!!

floatingaway2525

Great Review!! We sail in 30 days, can't wait.

Did the hotel charge you to park your car? Were driving from DC the night before and I'm not sure if I should stay somewhere on 95 or go all the way Charleston. If it saves on parking it may be worth driving the whole way.

Great Review!! We sail in 30 days, can't wait.

Did the hotel charge you to park your car? Were driving from DC the night before and I'm not sure if I should stay somewhere on 95 or go tall the way Charleston. If it saves on parking ity may be worth driving the whole way.

Hey VInce, thanks!!

The hotel rate included parking for our cruise, Holiday Inn Riverview. Our group rate was $99 and we saw the rooms range from $99-119 at different times. We booded our own shuttle to the port but check with the hotel because I believe they have may have a shuttle to the port included as well...

Are you the same itinerary as us? You will love this cruise!!!:D

Hey VInce, thanks!!

The hotel rate included parking for our cruise, Holiday Inn Riverview. Our group rate was $99 and we saw the rooms range from $99-119 at different times. We booded our own shuttle to the port but check with the hotel because I believe they have may have a shuttle to the port included as well...

Are you the same itinerary as us? You will love this cruise!!!:D

Great Thanks!! All the hotels I checked into down there wanted $9 dollars a day to park. I'm going to check this hotel out ....Thanks Again!!

OK so tonight was the Deck Party (it was awesome!!!) and our group had a PJ partay to boot:D I've got a few pics that are postable:eek: and some that are downright priceless of our fearless leader when we were getting him into HIS PJ's that shall remain FHEO unless he says otherwise... It was a ton of fun!!!

Cool Steve was the hit of the party rockin' those PJ's all night. Mama Floatie just luvbs him!!!

186.jpg

When we sailed the Bloggers Cruise last year with John, we met "Ugly Craig" (John's pet name for him), Asst CD extraordinaire...when Jeffie showed up at the party with his ummm date:rolleyes:, Ugly Craig came over to investigate and remembered us from our "John Who???" t-shirts on the Bloggers!

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

I was still up at dawn enjoying that magical quiet time of early dawn as I watched Freeport appearing on the horizon....now I haven't been to Freeport in many years, and what I remembered was nada at the port for passengers to do and a 20 minute ride to Lucaya, which we loved. I also remember that this is an interesting port if you enjoy seeing a real working port all around you. I was looking forward to seeing what was happening in this port these days....

Beautiful weather again as we approached the channel...

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

These guys were greeting us from what I'm pretty sure was their living room...

IMG_3017.jpg

As we started the dance into our pier spot, the ship swung around and I could see that we had some company in port...

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

Couldn't see that there was much room for us anywhere:eek: and then I leaned way out over the balcony and saw that it's an L-shape and we were heading towards the back L...I didn't remember two berths at Freeport but not sure...

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

The first of many king-sized container ships slid into the backdrop!! And WOW, there's a LOT more right off the ship than I remember!!!

IMG_3025.jpg

Freeport was a sleep in day for us.I know we went to those little stores to get Ward a shirt and got caught in a surprise downpour.When I got back on board the security guy offered me a towel and itold him I was fine,it was just like swimming but we were standing up:D

Today was Mama Floatie's birthday so my sister Jude, Mama, and I made merry for a while and then headed up to our favorite spot for morning coffee...the starboard wing all the way aft on Lido. Our cabins were portside so starboard gave us a bird's eye view of the working side of the port...way cool to watch!!!

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

Does anybody know what ship this is way there in the back? It looked like a cut-off Farcus funnel to me?

IMG_3037.jpg

Couldn't quite zoom enough to read the side!!

IMG_3029.jpg

When we decided to head out, Mama opted for no taxi rides and wanted to see the shops there at port, so off we went! Straight off the ship and down towards past those little pavillions (taxi/bus staging areas) and you will come to a little group of different color buildings and a color-coded directory:D

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

We headed to the right for building 1, I have NO idea why:p

IMG_3054.jpg

Seaman's Rest Sports Bar is a sweet little place around the back of the building with a cute outdoor seating area and great drink prices...there's an ice cream shop next door if you're so inclined:cool:

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

This is how close we are to the ship....

IMG_3048.jpg

We wandered around those little buildings visiting some shops, some reasonable, some pricey, something for everyone for sure!!!

Then we headed over to a little outdoor area called Straw Market...it was row of outdoor tables with local crafts and jewelry, some unique pieces there and reasonably priced imo...

Today was Mama Floatie's birthday so my sister Jude, Mama, and I made merry for a while and then headed up to our favorite spot for morning coffee...the starboard wing all the way aft on Lido. Our cabins were portside so starboard gave us a bird's eye view of the working side of the port...way cool to watch!!!

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

Does anybody know what ship this is way there in the back? It looked like a cut-off Farcus funnel to me?

IMG_3037.jpg

Couldn't quite zoom enough to read the side!!

IMG_3029.jpg

That ship was, I guess still is the Sea Escape. It used to do one and two day trips to Grand Bahama from Fort lauderdale.

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

OK this was funny, notice the shops all in a circle around these tables in the middle where all the guys are hangin out:p

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

It was happy to see the building going on at port, and the Bahamians were SO proud of their new area for visitors...sweet people there!!

We just beat that afternoon shower back to the ship!!

I know, right? There were several old ships there, not sure for work or for abandoning...

A couple of years ago we passed Freeport and I got the binocs out. Looked like a cruiseship anchored out. The binocs confirmed that and that it was the NCL Dream that was still manned with a skeleton crew as the sale of the ship fell through. The didn't want to pay dockage fees so they anchored her out.

Freeport does sometime look like a cruiseship junkyard.

Great Thanks!! All the hotels I checked into down there wanted $9 dollars a day to park. I'm going to check this hotel out ....Thanks Again!!

Check out the website charlestoncruisepackages.com for hotels that have snooze and cruise packages. Check each one out though as some don't have shuttles to the port, some have only one way shuttles, and some include a 40.00 gift certificate to Sticky Fingers a great rib joint.

Archived