FANTASY 9/18-24: Still ROCKS after all these years!!!

floatingaway2525

That Mama Floatie can dance,too.As soon as I figure how to post some pics,I will do so.Im still sorting them out.It was a wonderful week.Ward,if you are out there,the phrase "Thats not going to happen anytime soon" keeps running through my mind:D

Here and accounted for!

LOL, you know that just sort of came out before I had time to think if I should even say it!

I already miss the gang!

That Mama Floatie can dance,too.As soon as I figure how to post some pics,I will do so.Im still sorting them out.It was a wonderful week.Ward,if you are out there,the phrase "Thats not going to happen anytime soon" keeps running through my mind:D

Here and accounted for!

LOL, you know that just sort of came out before I had time to think if I should even say it!

I already miss the gang!

ROFLMAO!!!! Go ahead and post what that reply was to!!!:p

Miss y'all tooooooooo!!! Good thing we're cruising in six weeks Ward WOOHOO!!!

That's my only hope....Mom lived to be just shy of 97 and never looked a day over 60!

Great photos....LOVE the review so far...(thanks for the warning about Embarkation since we are "early arrivers" as well)

Hiya Linda!! We got a great new guy in the PB in Tom!!!:D He's on FB so I'm waiting for him to friend me so I can get him to the FB PB page, and he's never heard of Cruise Critic:eek: so I clued him in!!:cool:

That's my only hope....Mom lived to be just shy of 97 and never looked a day over 60!

Great photos....LOVE the review so far...(thanks for the warning about Embarkation since we are "early arrivers" as well)

Linda, you will absolutly LOVE Karaoke Jay.Risa is there and she rocks, Floatie and I both got ship on a sticks:D

Just a little background on this week’s cruise….Stowaway Freddy & Friends wanted to go the week before this one which had a much better itinerary…but there was no group space…so this week it was, Nassau, Freeport, and KW. Not anyone’s favorite, though a port day in KW until 6PM was a bonus!! We don’t much care where we go as long as we’re on a ship together anyhow.

I think I can speak for most of us that this week was a wonderful reintroduction to the Bahamas and it IS now better in the Bahamas!!! We woke up Monday already in Nassau and stepped out to the balcony to watch the flurry of activity going on…gotta love watching the shiplife unfolding all around you, there’s always something interesting to see!! This morning it was a lifeboat drill next to our balcony, with a bonus thrown in…

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

Here's the bonus...Mama Floatie said they must require gorgeous to work on the ship:p

IMG_2929.jpg

Then we had these guys fly by and circle back over the ship!!!

IMG_2934.jpg

Coffee and croissants on the balcony, and it was time to get going, we were heading to Arawak Cay, new place for us!!!

016.jpg

The 2 cutest dancers on the whole dayum ship:D

The Piano Bar was great,Tom segued straight from Folsum Prison Blues to Pink Folyd, and we knew all the words to both

Awwww I hadn't seen this one, it was Bad Bad Leroy Brown, one of Mama's favorite jitterbugs, and my sorry attempt to fill in for my Daddy (we lost him nine years ago):) Those two could dance!!!!:cool::p Now we try and laugh a lot at the attempts!!!:D

This time in Nassau, Jeffie found this place called Fish Fry, it’s actually what they call the whole Arawak Cay area…there is a restaurant there called Fish Fry but it is one of a dozen or so…some of us headed out of the terminal area and headed straight there, we grabbed a van and headed over, it’s only about a mile from the port to the right as you come out of the terminal…

Our driver directed us to Seafood Heaven for lunch and in we went, upstairs to a table with a channel view. It’s an industrial area for the most part, with a local feel, loved it!!! We had the best dayum conch fritters, grilled conch, fried conch and grouper evah!!! We met the people running the place and had so much fun hearing about their love of where they live, and their love of sharing it with visitors…awesome day!!

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

Very reasonable food prices, and all beers were $3:D As you can see, a lot of building going on, I expect this area will continue to grow...more pics to follow of the street area!!!

After the PB closed we headed down Promenade to the Electricity Disco and closed it too:p It was early (2AM-ish) because it was the first night…this was not a bad thing LOL!!!

Now I remember why there’s a gap, the first sea day was a glorious sleep in, late breakfast (they serve breakfast until noon on Lido, YAY!), and then I had some important details to take care of for Mama Floatie’s birthday celebration on Tuesday the 21st…so I went down to Formalities and ordered her favorite Carnival Chocolate Fudge Cake (heart-shaped mind you), for the MDR, and picked up some other things here and there. Back up to Lido for the Master of Mixology contest (Congrats Holly!!), the Hairy Men, and the ice carving that I love to watch!! Off for a nap and it’s time to get ready for our first Elegant Evening…time flies when you’re having FUN!!!

The ship was a-rockin’ for about 18 hours at this point while we slipped south of Igor…there was some discomfort for some passengers later in the afternoon on Sunday, but thankfully, by Sunday night it had smoothed right out, relatively…:p

Here's my sister Jude (HeyJude), Mama Floatie, and me at Elegant Evening dinner, courtesy of my girl Bonnie:) Dinner was fabulous, prime rib perfectly medium rare, good sized lobster tails, all that we have come to expect!!! Actually, every meal was fabulous with one exception, more on this later!!!

051.jpg

GREAT picture Floatie! Your Mom looks AWESOME! My parents are very youthful looking too.....I am also praying for those genes. ;)

OK after we waddled out of there we wandered up and down the street to get a better look at what's there...the Steak and Lobster House is where we ate (Seafood Heaven is the sign above)...

IMG_2956.jpg

Neighborhood watering hole:p

IMG_2946.jpg

Sample menu from Goldie's, another place down the street and where I read my new favorite drink name, see what it is??

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

If you go to Arawak, know that most of the restaurants do not have restrooms:eek:, but no worries, right in the center is a brand new facility, clean and fine!!

IMG_2953.jpg

As we made our way back down the street, some more of our gang showed up and we headed back to our place for some cold Kaliks...and we had the best time in the downstairs bar with the staff...here is our server Kay, and our bartender Ivan. Ivan had tales to tell... "in my eighty years I've seen some stuff"...he was awesome!!!:)

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Archived