My Review of Carnival Freedom 9/19-9/25 with Pics

cuted126

cuted....I've followed your entire review. First and foremost, you and your husband are an absolutely beautiful couple. 2nd.....your enthusiasm is wonderful, especially your positive outlook.:D

And lastly, thanks for taking the time out to write and post pictures. Pictures without the review tells nothing. A review without pictures....well....isn't something I usually read.

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am sorry the cruise is truly over now :( Off to your next cruise!
You're Welcome!Thanks for following along! Can't wait til the next cruise!

Yours is probably one of the best reviews I have ever read... possibly because you did it in pieces here on the board and faithfully answered everybody's questions (and thanked posters!!) wow... I am very impressed!

We are sailing on the Freedom in early December and it will be my husband's first Carnival cruise. My only other one was on the Liberty and I loved it... if you choose the Liberty for your next one you will LOVE it too!

So... does doing this review help with your PCD (Post Cruise Depression)?:p

THANKS!

Aaaaaaww thanks so much! I appreciate the compliment:) You are gonna love the Freedom,I promise! I hope i'll love the Liberty cause that's the one we picked!! 345 days to go:eek::D Writing the review didn't help with the PCD at all,it just made me missed the Freedom even more!!

cuted....I've followed your entire review. First and foremost, you and your husband are an absolutely beautiful couple. 2nd.....your enthusiasm is wonderful, especially your positive outlook.:D

And lastly, thanks for taking the time out to write and post pictures. Pictures without the review tells nothing. A review without pictures....well....isn't something I usually read.

Thanks again!

Thanks,that so nice of you! I really appreciate the compliments. I really enjoyed writing the review and I am glad that you guys enjoyed it!

• 1 month later...

I just read from beginning to end. Like other posters I don't plan to sail this ship anytime soon, but I SURE did enjoy this review. You really kept it fun. Great pictures. What cruise addict does not want to see pictures???:)

I just read from beginning to end. Like other posters I don't plan to sail this ship anytime soon, but I SURE did enjoy this review. You really kept it fun. Great pictures. What cruise addict does not want to see pictures???:)
Thanks,I am glad you enjoyed it!!:)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

We will be boarding the Freedom in 13 days and this review just reassured me that we are going to have a blast! Love all the pics and chatty!

You're Welcome! You are gonna have a great time!

I can't believe it is over. Same sad feeling as the last day on a cruise. I'm reading along and saying "no, not yet, please don't let the next post be the last one". Not chatty enough.. I'm addicted, please don't let it be over". Excellent review, your personality shone through and your pictures were also wonderful.

Thank you so much for the taking the time and energy to share your vacation with us.

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome review! :) You are gorgeous, and look like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing!!
Aaaww,thanks so much :) Glad you enjoyed the review!

I can't believe it is over. Same sad feeling as the last day on a cruise. I'm reading along and saying "no, not yet, please don't let the next post be the last one". Not chatty enough.. I'm addicted, please don't let it be over". Excellent review, your personality shone through and your pictures were also wonderful.

Thank you so much for the taking the time and energy to share your vacation with us.

Sorry,I wasn't more chatty! :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading along!!! Only 200 plus days and I will have another review for you :p

Great pics and review! Might be weird, but one of the things I miss the most is the colour of the water...something we're not used to in Montreal!

Thanks!

You're not weird at all!! The color of the water here is dirty/muddy brown:cool: LOVE the water in the carribean! Thanks for taking the time out to read my review!

I loved, loved, loved reading this review!!!! Cannot wait to go on our cruise!!!

OP, did you order any room service?

Glad you enjoy the review!!! We didn't order room service at all! That is still on my "To do on a cruise list"! Well I have gotten room service once on a cruise,but not for a very looonnnggg time!!!!

Great review! I loved all of the photos! :D We are thinking about booking the same itinerary. We will also be driving...from Long Island. I think I read that you we called to disembark at 6:40 am. Do you know what time the ship arrived to port? I was looking at the itinerary and it says we return to Miami at 8 am. We need to be off pretty early so we can make it back to NY before my vacation time is over. We would do the self disembarkation too if it is that early.:)

Great review! I loved all of the photos! :D We are thinking about booking the same itinerary. We will also be driving...from Long Island. I think I read that you we called to disembark at 6:40 am. Do you know what time the ship arrived to port? I was looking at the itinerary and it says we return to Miami at 8 am. We need to be off pretty early so we can make it back to NY before my vacation time is over. We would do the self disembarkation too if it is that early.:)

We left out of Ft. Lauderdale and I am sure it was around 5am,when we returned. The itinerary said we would dock at 8am as well. I think it may vary with the times though. We did self assist on the Fascination last year and that ship actually did get back to the dock around 8am. I was surprised at how early the Freedom was!! I think either way you may wanna do self assist if you are driving.

We left out of Ft. Lauderdale and I am sure it was around 5am,when we returned. The itinerary said we would dock at 8am as well. I think it may vary with the times though. We did self assist on the Fascination last year and that ship actually did get back to the dock around 8am. I was surprised at how early the Freedom was!! I think either way you may wanna do self assist if you are driving.

Thanks for the info!! Yes...it is Ft Lauderdale. I think if we pack light, we are going to give it a try. The trick for me will be packing light...with two kids with us! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
So yeah,I did say that I knew how to get to the SMP,but the lighthouse not to much. We ended up walking up Duval,just to end up going all the way back the other way. Did I mention there were roosters walking around everywhere.

IMG_9698.jpg?t=1285685757

ROFL!! My friend is terrified of birds so the entire day at Key West was spent me laughing my head off. She was in a shop and a chicken walked right between her legs. I about died laughing as she shot out of there like a bullet.

So yeah,I did say that I knew how to get to the SMP,but the lighthouse not to much. We ended up walking up Duval,just to end up going all the way back the other way. Did I mention there were roosters walking around everywhere.

IMG_9698.jpg?t=1285685757

ROFL!! My friend is terrified of birds so the entire day at Key West was spent me laughing my head off. She was in a shop and a chicken walked right between her legs. I about died laughing as she shot out of there like a bullet.

That is too funny!!! :p

Very nice review, and gorgeous pics..what camera did you use?

Thanks! I use a Canon Rebel XS. I also take my Canon powershot a560 along with me too

• 3 months later...
Here is our bottle of tequila waiting for us when we arrived.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

:) First let me say.... thank you for sharing your review. I am getting married on Freedom in September and it is nice to have your review to get and idea of what the ship is like.

I was wondering...... How did you order the bottle of tequilla through Bon Voyage? There seems to only include a wine list as options for alcoholic beverages to order. Also did they allow you to keep the bottle in your cabin the entire time? I want to order something for us and I am curious.

Any info would be very helpful. Thank you

:) First let me say.... thank you for sharing your review. I am getting married on Freedom in September and it is nice to have your review to get and idea of what the ship is like.

I was wondering...... How did you order the bottle of tequilla through Bon Voyage? There seems to only include a wine list as options for alcoholic beverages to order. Also did they allow you to keep the bottle in your cabin the entire time? I want to order something for us and I am curious.

Any info would be very helpful. Thank you

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! Freedom is a beautiful ship to get married on! We were able to keep the bottle in our room the entire time with no problem. As long as your order it through Bon Voyage,it's fine.

Here is a list with the number and prices copied from another post! Enjoy your cruise!

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

• 2 weeks later...
:) Thank you very much for the well wishes! I also very much appreciate the information this is soooo helpful. My fiance will love this!
You are welcome!:D

Thanks for the great review. One of the best I've read :). I love how detailed it was. Can't wait for til we sail on her in May.
Thanks for reading it! You are gonna have a great time! Dh has been wanting to book this same itinerary again. We LOVED the Freedom!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Does this room cost more than most ocean view rooms?

Nope not at all! The room right next door to it was the same price and it had the regular room configuration. I noticed that this room had a different setup so I choose this one instead. I was glad I did! Loved the extra space and the two windows! Matter of fact,my PVP never even told me that this room had two windows. I found that out on this board not long before we left.

Archived