How many days until your next cruise???

Poorplaya

15 days and counting down! My kids are soooo excited. They are coming to the meet and mingle too....hope that is ok. Last year we went on a cruise on Celebrity Soltice and loved it!! RCL Oasis has more for kids though and they are very excited. Now the only question is what to do first.:o

We are off on the Explorer of the Seas in 53 days time, cannot wait now. We have never been on a Caribbean cruise before so we are so excited. I have also never been to New York so looking forward to that too......does anyone know how far Tiffanys is from Madison Avenue? Oh this is so exciting...really looking forward to seeing Bermuda, St Thomas, St Martaan and San Juan....For you seasoned cruisers to the Caribbean out there is there anything inparticular we should go see or do on the Islands, thanks in advance....K x

I have also never been to New York so looking forward to that too......does anyone know how far Tiffanys is from Madison Avenue? Oh this is so exciting...really looking forward to seeing Bermuda, St Thomas, St Martaan and San Juan....For you seasoned cruisers to the Caribbean out there is there anything inparticular we should go see or do on the Islands, thanks in advance....K x

Welcome to my home the New York / New Jersey metroploitan area.

Tiffany's is located on Fifth Avenue and 57th Street. This is the Golden Corner of Manhattan. The Trump Tower is located here.

In this point of town the Avenues run north and south, the streets run east and west. Madison Avenue is one block east of Fifth Avenue.

If you walk uptown from here you will end up at The Plaza Hotel and the east and south side of Central Park.

You can walk downtown past some fashionable stores ,past Harry Winston's, jeweler to the stars and the statue of Atlas holding up the world and end up at Rockefeller Center.

I hope you get to take a walk all around Rockefeller Center and go up to the Top of the Rock, 30 Rockefeller Plaza. An amazing view on a clear day. You can even talk a few steps up to an area which is well back and far enough from the sides but has no fences around it - it's like reaching for the sky! You might want to take a tour of the NBC Studios while you are there. Don't know if you have to book that in advance. You can also have lunch at the Ice Rink by the Statue of Prometheus.

Of course you'll want to take in a Broadway show! Half price tickets are available in Times Square at 45th and Broadway.

Please spend money - the new Governor of New York badly needs the help.

DW and I will be taking the same cruise but on a different date.

On the one day in Bermuda you must go to Horseshoe Bay. Nuff said.

In St. Thomas try to get over to St. John and get to Trunk Bay - one of the top 10 beaches in the world.

In St. Maarten/ St. Martin you can get to Orient Beach. Sections of the beach are clothing optional and as my college age daughter says "Those that shouldn't, do". If you stay away from Club Oriente you will avoid most of the "bad scenery". Some people like to go to Maho Beach in the afternoon to watch the planes arrive from all over the world.

Since you are only in San Juan for the morning take a walk around Old San Juan. You can take the free trolley around to make walking easier.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by NordicPrince