Mystic Mountain?

Tedw

• 3 weeks later...

We just took a cab from the area at the pier and explained we wanted to go to Mystic Mtn. Paid the cab fare and purchased the zip line, chair lift and bob sled package at Mystic Mtn.. I want to guess it was $125 pp for all three. Went down about 5 or 6 ziplines and one surprise one. The guys they have doing the zipline with us were very entertaining and helpful to everyone.. including me.. Im not so coordinated.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Mystic Mountain last week. We didn’t do a whole lot though... We took the Sky Explorer up, hung out a while and took it back down. It’s got fantastic views, so I’m sure you will enjoy it. Everyone we encountered were very friendly too :)

Let me know if you have any questions

We just came back from Mystic Mountain. Oh my word, I loved this place!!! The ride up the ski lift was just breathtaking. We didn't do the zip line, but we did the bob sled ride. Holy cow, that was a blast! We paid to do it again because it was so much fun.

The ski lift ride is $42 and the bob sled was extra $20, but it was well worth the money.

I've been to Mystic Mountain twice now, just back recently. We booked our excursions through Carnival. Two years ago my hubby and I ziplined (LOVED IT), and rode the bobsled (interesting, fun- but not more special than a ride at a theme park- in our opinion).

Recently I traveled with my mom, we just rode the Sky Explorer up, ate lunch, then back down. The views are just amazing. I highly reccommend going to Mystic Mountain.

If you have questions, you can email me.

IXOYE4EVER@yahoo.com

I have my 60 yr old parents with me, I heard there is a cool pool at the top of the mountain. Is it worth going up just to see the views and also get in the pool, or is that even possible. How much would it be just to go up the mountain?

http://www.ochoriostour.com/mystic-mountain-jamaica.htm

I just googled a site that gives prices. Not sure if it is current, but should give you an idea.

The pool is beautiful, but wasn't an option with our tour (through Carnival)- traveling from Montego Bay (time restraints).

I think the view is breathtaking, once in a lifetime to go to Jamaica. Not sure what else to do in Jamaica, since we have gone from Montego Bay- with Carnival.

I wanted to get in that pool though, it's just beautiful!

My mom is 76 and enjoyed Mystic Montain very much! I think you should go!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bit of trouble. The workers will catch and hold it for you to sit, give you time to sit, not like a "race" to sit before it starts moving. That would be too dangerous.

Mom didn't realize how HIGH we would be going up, and couldn't look out. It indeed does go way high up, you look up and you see you are still climbing and climbing. But we think this was the best day of our cruise. I really wish I had taken more pictures though! The view once on top of the mountain is spectacular! I could have just stayed up there all day to "breathe" in the view. Before this, we had been to the Dunn's River Falls. We had such a fun, beautiful day! Such great memories!

DH loved this excursion!

When we booked (I think through Carnival) it actually worked out cheaper going through the cruiseline (I know, this usually isn't the case).

You can also ride the chairlift as much as you want. Just stay on when it reaches the botton.;):)

we just returned from there - and we enjoyed mystic mountain. Before I went, I had a hard time finding the pricing info - so I thought I would post it. We went on our own and picked up a ride when we were at dunn's falls - Because we weren't on a cruiseline excursion, we were able to stay longer - and enjoy a yummy meal in the restaurant too.

Sky explorer to the top - $42 each

sky explorer with bobsled - $62 each

sky with zipline - $104 each

Tranopy - $124 each

they also offer upgrades to prepaid excursions -

add'l bobsled runs

we played in the pool for a while but it's pretty shallow (they said because of people who can't swim) and the slide was a bit slow - but we had fun.

The drinks in the restaurant were cheap and yummy and the jerk chicken was GREAT!

• 2 weeks later...
we just returned from there - and we enjoyed mystic mountain. Before I went, I had a hard time finding the pricing info - so I thought I would post it.

Sky explorer to the top - $42 each

sky explorer with bobsled - $62 each

sky with zipline - $104 each

Tranopy - $124 each

The drinks in the restaurant were cheap and yummy and the jerk chicken was GREAT!

Thanks for the info. Through Celebrity, the price for sky explorer and bobsled is $62 each, so it sounds like it's worth it if they throw in tranportation to/from ship also. We won't be doing Dunns so we can spend as much time up on the mountain as we want.

Happy cruising...Joanne

We want to do the Dunns River Falls, then head over to Mystic Mountain. I remember last time after getting off the boat we told them we wanted to go to Dunns and we did, but the price was for roundtrip back to the port. Is there a way to get a safe taxi to Dunns, and then safe taxi to Mystic Mountain? I know they make sure the taxi's are safe at the cruise terminal, but didn't know about getting one at Dunns Falls?

Also, for those who ate at Mystic Mountain, do you remember the average cost for food and drink there?

Archived