I messed up! Transportation question.

Maple_Girl

Gosh darn it! I thought I had everything worked out and now I realize I messed up.

The Facts:

• DH and I are sailing from the POM in October. We are flying into and out of FLL.

• SAS is picking us up at FLL and bringing us to the Miami Intercontinental the night before the cruise.

• We are staying the night at the Miami Intercontinental after the cruise.

• Our flight departs FLL at 8:30am

The problem:

How do we get from the Miami Intercontinental to FLL?

• We need to be at the airport no later than 7:30am on a Monday.

• SAS will not pick us up at the hotel and bring us to FLL, nor will they pick us up at the nearby POM and bring us to FLL.

• Easyexpress.com does not start shuttle service until 7:30am so they will not pick us up at the hotel.

Does anyone have any ideas? How much is a taxi from Miami to FLL? Is there easy public transportation? Any other shuttles? Should I rent a car?

I need to get this figured out soon. We leave for FLL on 10/9.

Maple

I would suggest staying at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale the night before you leave rather than in Miami. Then perhaps SAS will pick you up at port after cruise and take you to hotel, but if they won't take you to hotel then get them to take you to the airport in Fort Lauderdale and get a hotel near the airport that will pick you up and take you back the next morning. Good Luck

Agree dump the Intercontinental. Cab fare from there to FLL will run you close to $100.

Rent a car as soon as you get off your cruise (can be had for as little as $20 or less off hotwire and priceline), drive to FLL, and priceline or hotwire a 17th Street hotel.

Even if you have to eat the cost of the Intercontinental, you can still come in under the $100 cab fare.

No way would I try and navigate Miami to FLL on a Monday morning unless I was getting paid.

Agree with above, unless you are locked into the IC becuase you purchased through Priceline or another bidding site.:( In that case your options are limited to cabs (about $100 :eek:) or maybe a car service for slightly less - Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for service between Miami and FLL.

Good luck!:)

Gosh darn it! I thought I had everything worked out and now I realize I messed up.

The Facts:

• DH and I are sailing from the POM in October. We are flying into and out of FLL.

• SAS is picking us up at FLL and bringing us to the Miami Intercontinental the night before the cruise.

• We are staying the night at the Miami Intercontinental after the cruise.

• Our flight departs FLL at 8:30am

The problem:

How do we get from the Miami Intercontinental to FLL?

• We need to be at the airport no later than 7:30am on a Monday.

• SAS will not pick us up at the hotel and bring us to FLL, nor will they pick us up at the nearby POM and bring us to FLL.

• Easyexpress.com does not start shuttle service until 7:30am so they will not pick us up at the hotel.

Does anyone have any ideas? How much is a taxi from Miami to FLL? Is there easy public transportation? Any other shuttles? Should I rent a car?

I need to get this figured out soon. We leave for FLL on 10/9.

Maple

SAS is picking us up from Port of Miami and taking us to FLL. Why won't they do that for you? That seems odd.

I would just take a taxi. THat way you can leave whenever you want, no other passengers etc. It's supposed to be about 70.00 for a taxi from Port of Miami to FLL

Hire a car (especially if cost is an issue)...Its really soo simple and will cost you around $30...Thats what we are doing both pre and post cruise...

If money isnt really an issue, then do as others have said and hire a taxi...

Except that IC charges $30+ per day for parking - pushing the total cost for renting a car up to the level of just jumping in a cab, with lots more hassel added in as a bonus.:(

I'd stay in FLL area with a flight this early. I'd take the loss on the IC reservation if it's not refundable then to deal with the stress of not making my flight. Take a taxi from the port over to Avis and pick-up a car. It cost us about $47.00 total. It's about a 7 minute ride.

It was very simple and an easy drive to ft. Lauderdale. I was nervous thinking about driving in Miami and a new area. The driving wasn't anything what I imagined it would be. I think driving in the Northeast is harder.:p

Archived