adonia

robertkarenuk

Well, I am not on the sailing but a little information on the ship. It was built in 1998 for the Princess Cruises division as the Sea Princess. It was transferred about a 2 years ago to P&O and was rechristened the Adonia. She has 3 sister ships Sun Princess of 1995, Dawn Princess of 1997, and Oceana ex Ocean Princess of 2000. Shortly after your upcoming trip she will be going back to Princess Cruises as the Sea Princess being replaced by both the Arcadia and the Artemis in the child free sector of P&O.

I sailed on the Ocean Princess back in the spring of 2000 and she was a pleasant ship. Not my favorite but decent none the less. I just don't think that this type of ship is suited for the British market or the European climate as they were designed and built more for the American market and doing a 7 day shuttle in the Caribbean. Needless to say the Adonia is getting the chop and going back to where she belongs. Have a great trip!!!

I'm just back from a Caribbean cruise on Adonia so very happy to answer any of your questions. I think it's easier if you tell me what sort of things you want to know and I'll gladly help. It was our first time on P&0 and we had a wonderful time.:)

I'm just back from a Caribbean cruise on Adonia so very happy to answer any of your questions. I think it's easier if you tell me what sort of things you want to know and I'll gladly help. It was our first time on P&0 and we had a wonderful time.:)

Annieuk, we will be sailing on Adonia in three wekks time - our first cruise with P&O - have you been with Princess before and if so, what sort of differences are there? When you have to leave the ship by tender, is there a long queue and do you have to wait for those on P&O trips to get off first? Was there dancing lesson during your trip?

Thanks in advance for your help - glad you had a wonderful time!

Kittycat,

Yes you do have to wait for the tours to disembark before the numbers are called.

When you are ready to go ashore you go for a numbered ticket and they call out these as the tendors become available. As long as people do not go for tickets before they are ready then there is no problem with getting off the ship. Like most big ships it is the passengers that do not listen to what is said and then they clog up the gangways etc.

Yes there are dance lessons on most day on Adonia they are held in the Atrium.

I am sure you will enjoy Adonia the places to eat and the variation of where to eat.

Try the Horizon Grill if in the Caribbean you eat around the pool area or the Bistro both are charged at around £4.75 extra but well worth it.

Also you have Cafe Jardin on the top of the Atrium this has snack type things and a very good salad buffet area.

I will be on the Iberian Interlude on that date. First cruise with P&O - sailed 4 times with Disney so this will be very different! Taking my mum - she's 71 and I am a secondary teacher so this trip is perfectly timed. I got lots of information from the cruise connections board on http://www.pocruises.com/ as I knew nothing about the ship. I ordered the video - you get the £6 back onboard. It looks gorgeous.

Wendy

hi all,

many thanks for the information,we only booked the cruise last week,cant wait to we get on the ship.its roberts 40th a few days before the cruise so its a late present.

wendy you will have a great time ,we have been on 2 other cruises with P a O,may be we could meet up on the ship some time.

We would love to meet up - I'll be the one with my poor mother trailing after her trying to keep up! We too booked only a few weeks ago - got a very good deal for an inside cabin. Staying the night before at the DeVere Grand Harbour - mights as well start out in style!

Wendy

I am going on this ship in Nov 2005 but it will go as the Sea Princess. I have only been on Celebrity ships and love them. Can you tell me about the ship and your experience. How many formal nights did you have? We are going on a 14 day cruise. I understand that there are Optional Dining also?

sfilbert I am going on this ship in Nov 2005 but it will go as the Sea Princess. I have only been on Celebrity ships and love them. Can you tell me about the ship and your experience. How many formal nights did you have? We are going on a 14 day cruise. I understand that there are Optional Dining also?

When she goes back to Princess you may find that you will not have as many formal nights as when with P & O. P & O still stick to the formal type of cruise, we had 4 formal nights on a 14 day cruise.

yes there are alternative dining these are the Bistro and the Horizon Grill both well worth the extra money.

I am sure you will enjoy the ship.

Hi Kittycat.....I see you going on this trip, we had hope to go but can not but our friends from Norfolk will be on it, so say hello to them for me. They will be the ones with the most cruises 800+days and are ken and sheila. but we all hope to be on a crise in 2006 together.

james and sheila

Archived