"...soon to be seven classes..."

I would think that Monarch and Majesty will have to go sometime soon. I could imagine them bumping two Vision Class ships down the 3 and 4 day Bahamas Runs and replacing them with some sort of Modernized Radience sized ships.

That particular recorded taped advertisement was made before Oasis and while Empress was still listed as a class "of her own." They were advertising Oasis as the next class. Too bad someone at RCCL hasn't noticed this by now.

Rick and Deirdra

You know, I wondered about this very thing. RCI couldn't be that disorganized....could they? lol.

OHMY! Sorry to hear there were concerns........

How about two days and 4 tries to get someone to fix the room safe? And being lied to, blamed for the delays in getting it fixed, and being called rude by the concierge in the process of this and the television issues.:mad:

Or waiting until 11:30 on day 5 to get the interactive television repaired? This was after 17, (yes 17) different interactions with various crew members to get it fixed. :mad:

By the way, the TV was programmed for crew members, not guests. So I couldn't use the internet, book or change shows,excursions, restaurants, etc., or any of the nice things available on the interactive side of the TV until they fixed it. Missed out on some things we wanted to do. A two minute repair after someone finally listened, and got I.T. off their lazy asses to fix the issue.:mad:

How about the $50.00 refund for the BOGO coupons not refunded to me from an online booking? It was credited to someone else, and I was told it was up to me to track it down and get the refund. Never got it either.:mad:

Then there was the fruit fly infested cheese and moldy fruit plates in the concierge lounge, and bugs crawling in the salad dressing in the windjammer.:eek:

And if that wasn't enough, my head still hurts from smacking it on the low doorway to that stupid firetruck on the Boardwalk next to the boy with the balloons.:o

How about two days and 4 tries to get someone to fix the room safe? And being lied to, blamed for the delays in getting it fixed, and being called rude by the concierge in the process of this and the television issues.:mad:

Or waiting until 11:30 on day 5 to get the interactive television repaired? This was after 17, (yes 17) different interactions with various crew members to get it fixed. :mad:

By the way, the TV was programmed for crew members, not guests. So I couldn't use the internet, book or change shows,excursions, restaurants, etc., or any of the nice things available on the interactive side of the TV until they fixed it. Missed out on some things we wanted to do. A two minute repair after someone finally listened, and got I.T. off their lazy asses to fix the issue.:mad:

How about the $50.00 refund for the BOGO coupons not refunded to me from an online booking? It was credited to someone else, and I was told it was up to me to track it down and get the refund. Never got it either.:mad:

Then there was the fruit fly infested cheese and moldy fruit plates in the concierge lounge, and bugs crawling in the salad dressing in the windjammer.:eek:

And if that wasn't enough, my head still hurts from smacking it on the low doorway to that stupid firetruck on the Boardwalk next to the boy with the balloons.:o

Oh my - that's bad but the food issues sound disgusting. I hope you've sent a letter to the top.

You know, I wondered about this very thing. RCI couldn't be that disorganized....could they? lol.

Why Not. Two days before we left on the Oasis cruise we go a 10% off the Spa e-mail.

Only thing is it was for the Liberty sailing that Sunday out of Miami, and not the Oasis leaving on Saturday out of Port Everglades.

I would think that Monarch and Majesty will have to go sometime soon. I could imagine them bumping two Vision Class ships down the 3 and 4 day Bahamas Runs and replacing them with some sort of Modernized Radience sized ships.

Not sure why you seem to feel their departure is imminent. Given the current economy, it seems more likely that they will try to extend the life of the present ships in their fleet rather than embark on a costly new building program. RCI, as do most lines, does a very creditable job of maintaining their ships, which includes adding some new features to their older ships so I think that Majesty and Monarch still have a few years in them before they move on to Pulmantur or another line. I'm also not sure what a "Modernized"Radiance class would be but every time the subject of building more Radiance class ships has been raised, Richard Fain and Adam Goldstein has dismissed the possibility as being economically unfeasible. :)

They seem to be filling all of their current ships at this time, so removing berths from the fleet would not help the supply/demand formula, and the amount of time required to design and construct a new ship is at least three years, so Majesty and Monarch are probably safe until 2013/2014.

Oh my - that's bad but the food issues sound disgusting. I hope you've sent a letter to the top.

I am working on one. We have to go to the Cancer Center all day on Wednesday, then to Mrytle Beach, S.C. for a few days, then we are off to San Juan for the Serenade.

We love the Serenade, and hope the Oasis hasn't tainted our opinions too much.

It may not be right, but the Serenade will have little or no room for errors this close to the Oasis problems.

Was told that there would be no more BIG ships. The next ship built will be smaller than Oasis. they are looking into more security features on the next ships built. This was just in a conversation among people employed by ship builders. I guess we won't know till it's announced.

I personally do not like the very large ships. Song of America was a wonderful ship and our first cruise in 1989. Loved it.:D

Project "sunshine" will be in between the Radiance and Voyager class with all the features of Freedom class. At this point a ship yard hasn't even been picked so these ships are still far off.

Last spring on the Serenade, this was referred to as the Marco Polo class. A Radiance class with a promenade like the Voyager.

I am working on one. We have to go to the Cancer Center all day on Wednesday, then to Mrytle Beach, S.C. for a few days, then we are off to San Juan for the Serenade.

We love the Serenade, and hope the Oasis hasn't tainted our opinions too much.

It may not be right, but the Serenade will have little or no room for errors this close to the Oasis problems.

I do wish your wife all the best in the world. She really didn't need this kind of "stuff" to happen.

I hope your Serenade is much better. The Radiance class are my favourite ships.

As for the Oasis, I think you have cemented my opinion of what too big a ship is. I'm sure you weren't the only ones that saw what you saw and had problems. I do think people just arent reporting them - not here anyway.

Good luck - with everything.

Im really sorry to hear all that...........who was the concierge???I hope you get some resolution.........

The infamous Ricardo Mock. Also had problems with Charmaine Fernandez, the Diamond Concierge not addressing the issues or following up on them.

did just read Majesty and Monarch were leaving the fleet. It was either the NY Times or the philadelphia Enquirer.

In August, I was in the engine room on the Monarch talking to the Chief Engineer. He mentioned some of the new pollution regulations coming up in 2014 as being problematic for the Monarch and Majesty.

I do wish your wife all the best in the world. She really didn't need this kind of "stuff" to happen.

I hope your Serenade is much better. The Radiance class are my favourite ships.

As for the Oasis, I think you have cemented my opinion of what too big a ship is. I'm sure you weren't the only ones that saw what you saw and had problems. I do think people just arent reporting them - not here anyway.

Good luck - with everything.

Thanks for the well wishes.

The biggest problem Mrs E. had was the constant sleep interruptions she had to endure every time someone called or knocked on the door to try and address the television.

The ship was really quite nice. The issues were with some of the staff. There were others on the ship that were as good as any we ever had.

One of the biggest assets is the interactive television. If it was working on day 1, like it finally worked on day 5, the cruise would have been a lot better. Both by having the tv working, as well as not having the issues of trying to get it fixed.

Some things would be inexcusable on a tender to Coco Cay.

Well yea,eventually they will leave.......

You are right, Kathy. Eventually every ship will reach a point where it must leave, but "eventually" is different from imminent or in the foreseeable future. Even if environmental concerns come into play they are talking 2014 at least and a replacement ship or ships would take approximately that long to complete if they begin the process tomorrow. Perhaps they will come up with innovative measures that will make smaller ships cost-effective but until then, thoughts of a new Radiance class are probably wishful thinking and not grounded in reality. I wish that were not true but current thinking at RCI seems to run counter to that.

Or waiting until 11:30 on day 5 to get the interactive television repaired? This was after 17, (yes 17) different interactions with various crew members to get it fixed.

We are on the pre inaugural of the Allure..........and had the 4 day inaugural booked. I was so sceptical about these large ships, but thought we would do it.

My wife and I are pretty loyal Royal fans, but do not think that what they are doing with these (what is the word I need here) too large ships, are really worth it.

Thank you........you have proved my point, and thank goodness that we cancelled our inaugural trip on the Allure.

I am so sorry to know what your wife is going thru. I lost my father, sister and brother to cancer. I don't want to go into it.

Anyway.......we moved our December booking to the Radiance, out of Tampa.

We will see what we can in the two night cruise on the behmouth of the seas.

I hope that RCCL does right by you. You certainly are a cheerleader of their brand!!:)

Rick

Anyway.......we moved our December booking to the Radiance, out of Tampa.

Rick

Which one??Dec 2nd???

and you going on the Nov 29th AL??

If yes to any of them,check out the roll call in my link...........dont want to get off topic.

Which one??Dec 2nd???

and you going on the Nov 29th AL??

If yes to any of them,check out the roll call in my link...........dont want to get off topic.

Yes Kathy.......we will finally meet!

I'll jump on the roll call.

Meanwhile back to the subject at hand.......the Oasis, and problems.

Rick

I would think that Monarch and Majesty will have to go sometime soon. I could imagine them bumping two Vision Class ships down the 3 and 4 day Bahamas Runs and replacing them with some sort of Modernized Radiance sized ships.

According to the Captain on the Monarch, RCL will be keeping her at PC for four more years. This was at a public forum "From the Top".

Between Monarch and Majesty, RCL handles 500,000 passengers a year. These ships are sailing full, why would they change that?

Rick.... I loved every minute of the naming ceremony and 4 night Oasis inaugural. I can't wait to check out Allure....wish I was on one of the Allure pre's:( I am sure you will enjoy:)

Thanks Steve! We were scheduled to do the inaugural, until we compared the prices.

So, we will take in all that we can on the two night. We were invited to the Oasis inaugural, but my DW was on the Radiance, and I was working.

We think that $3,000.00 for a 4 night balcony facing another balcony is out of control.

So, for half that amount, we will be enjoying the Radiance in a GS.

Well I won't dwell!

Rick

Thanks Steve! We were scheduled to do the inaugural, until we compared the prices.

So, we will take in all that we can on the two night. We were invited to the Oasis inaugural, but my DW was on the Radiance, and I was working.

We think that $3,000.00 for a 4 night balcony facing another balcony is out of control.

So, for half that amount, we will be enjoying the Radiance in a GS.

Well I won't dwell!

Rick

Rick.....agreed on the pricing of the 4 night....you can sail the 7 night Dec 5th inaugural right now for the same or even less....and I think we may see better pricing on the Dec 5th still;)

Archived