Steak House

Jets1234

Going on the Valor Oct 3rd was wondering if the Steak House is worth the xtra $$$, or should we just stick with the normal dining.

It is well worth it IMHO. It is like getting a Ruth's Chris experience (3 hours - 4 courses with a chef's surprise or two thrown in) for $30 a person. Do a search on this board and you will find the menu and tons of opinions.

We have been there several times and enjoyed it.

Remember though that you are already paying for a fine meal in the DR so this is an extra $ 30 on top of it.

We are generally very happy with the food in the Dr so most of the time we skip it and when we go it is for special occasions.

Just got off the Pride, and we like it so much we went twice.

It's not just the fine steaks they serve, their onion soup is delicious, and my husband loved the crabcake. Caesar salad is prepared at your table, and the service is very attentive without being intrusive.

If you really want a extraordinary dining experience, go to the Chef's Table if they have it.

We did the steakhouse on the Legend, table for 4, One thought it was fantastic, two thought it was great, and I stupidly ordered Lobster and was not impressed, but the steaks, I was told, were fantastic. The key goes back to what my Daddy said, You don't go to a steakhouse for fish. you don't go to a fish house for steak. He was a wise man.:)

Absolutely worth it. A totally different (that's good) dining experience than the rest of the cruise. In a NYC Steakhouse, the steak alone (each) would cost you $45-$60. The the potatoes $10 and on and on. You get a wonderful experience and terrific food for a really reasonble price.

Well over half of all people in the USA have never experienced a USDA PRIME quality piece of beef. Less than 2% of ALL beef in the US is rated USDA PRIME. Carnival's Steakhouse serves dry aged [the best way] USDA Prime beef. No restaurant will serve you the same quality meal they do for less money.

A poster above was 100% correct, it is a STEAKhouse, skip the seafood.

Archived