Ncl Sun Balcony cabin questions

mnmstaller

We did 3 adult women on the Sun about 5 years ago and from what I remember we didn't have any difficulty in our room - we booked one of those inside deluxe rooms with 191 sq ft only found on the Sun and I don't remember it being crowded at all. You will have the balcony if any one needs to step out and have a little alone time too! Have a wonderful trip - you will see the room will be fine!

Lizzie

Do you remember if it was possible to have the two twin beds made up as a single queen size?

Thanks!

2 years ago me, my sister and her boyfriend had a balcony on the Sun. Compared to the balconies on other NCL ships (I have been on 12 NCL cruises) the Sun had more room.

The couch is longer than the small couches on the other NCL ships. As a matter of fact, instead of having the couch pulled out and blocking the balcony door, the stewart just made me a bed on the closed couch. I slept very well, of course, as long as I am on a ship, I am happy. So three adults can share a balcony on the Sun without any problem. I loved the Sun. Hopefully you will too.

Lizzie

Do you remember if it was possible to have the two twin beds made up as a single queen size?

Thanks!

My experience on several cruises is that the big bed is really the two twins put together. Sometimes only the bottom sheet holds them together....so one falls through when "spooning" the other. Others are banded or clamped together, so they stay together. We've had separated beds when we arrived, but had the steward remake them as one. It's all good, since you're at sea, which is marvelous!

POA is the end of this month, so we'll report on that. We're doing 24 nights a year from now on the Sun, in a BD balcony, clingy shower curtain and all. We really did like the almost-elegant compartmentalized bathroom on Norwegian Jade, so we'll miss that.

Wingtips,

Will you be doint your 24 days after the drydock? You might have a more improved ship! One of our roll call is doing 31 days on the Sun, she's on board right now then going into the Transatlantic and then a caribbean leg. She's a bit tired of the menu it doesn't have a 2 week rotation, so its getting a bit boring she said.

Wingtips,

Will you be doint your 24 days after the drydock? You might have a more improved ship! One of our roll call is doing 31 days on the Sun, she's on board right now then going into the Transatlantic and then a caribbean leg. She's a bit tired of the menu it doesn't have a 2 week rotation, so its getting a bit boring she said.

Yes, we're well after drydock. It's in January and we sail in September. It looks like the drydock time has been shortened, as they've added a short cruise on both ends of the original schedule, so maybe she's in better shape than thought. I had seen posts indicating they were doing some carpet upgrades and such while on active cruises, so what's left must only be the heavy duty stuff. It doesn't sound like Sun's had the propulsion problems of the Dawn and another one.

So not even a two-week menu? Oh well, we found plenty of choices on Jade last year. We did see the same menu on the 9 and 12-day back-to-backs we did, but there was enough choice that we didn't need to repeat unless we had a favorite. And there are the specialty restaurants when its "meat loaf, again?!?!?" :p . Nice they post the dinner menus in the morning so you can plan your evening.

Archived