Left a girlfriend, came back a fiance! Pictorial Liberty Western Review 9.11.10

TinkyPatz

Let me add my "congrats"!

Ahhh...the beautiful Liberty ! Thanks for the wonderful pictures

I really think this is the prettiest Carnival ship out there..(to me it looks prettier than the pictures I have seen of the lovely Dream/Magic even)

They say Carnival is not going to go with as much themes/Farcus BUT IMHO on Liberty it really "works">> the beautiful lobby, wild and crazy disco,

the gently subdued Victorian Lounge with so many nice little touches,

the lovely "Emile" Buffet with the beautiful bird picture, and the dining rooms that "sparkle"

Liberty is really pretty ...I love the chandeliers too

IuAp0.jpg

qQhOS.jpg

1az0x.jpg

]After we ate, we found an ATM to withdraw some cash for the ports and headed back to the hotel. We took a shower, watched some movies and had the other half of our sandwich. We went to bed at like midnight, and I had nightmares ALL night about forg[/color][/size][/font]

Not one picture of the ATM machine? You have pictures of everything else including the refrigerator / microwave in your hotel. How could you forget the ATM machine?

DON

Congrats on the engagement!! You should do a honeymoon cruise!!

This is the best review I've ever read! I've also never seen the Liberty ship before but your pictures are showing me most beautiful ship I've seen yet!

Thanks for the little details ~ I've been wondering exactly what the mongolian grill was about and what it offered. Your fish n' chips pic makes me HUNGRY!!

Keep it coming!!

Thank you so much for your wonderful pictures. We just booked today for Jan 2012 (are we with you Froffie?) so this makes it all the more exciting. What cabin were you in?

Congrats on your engagement and yes marrying someone who makes you laugh is the best.Thanks, Kris

Well, I hope you guys like LOTS of pictures because there are a LOT coming... I'm trying to type the rest as quickly as possible but I'm actually sneaking it in the middle of work :eek: so it's taking longer than expected. I have the second part ready, but CC restricts me to only 6 pics a post so there's gonna be lots of posts, this is, after all, a pictorial review! :D

I love the part about sneaking it in a work. Guess it's cause I do the same thing :rolleyes:

Have never been on a Conquest class ship and I am really enjoying seeing the pictures. Sure looks like a gorgeous ship! I love the stadium seating at the pool. Also LOVE the design on top of the tables at the buffet :cool: Congrats on your engagement. You will be a beautiful bride. I second another poster who suggested a honeymoon cruise! ;)

You pics are great. I have always thought that size ship was to be avoided bc of the crowds, but after seeing your pics, I sure has me thinking. I prefer the smaller ships. Perhaps. Some day, if the price is right, I'll try the larger ship. Great review. Congrats on the engagement. :p

Thank you for the detailed descriptions and pictures. I will be on this ship in May 2011 (leaving on my birthday!). Although I am doing the Eastern itinerary it is still nice to see the ship and experience your cruise.

Congratulations on your engagment!

Thank you so much for your wonderful pictures. We just booked today for Jan 2012 (are we with you Froffie?) so this makes it all the more exciting. What cabin were you in?

I was on the Liberty in 2007 in the FABULOUS 1A (2462) with the 2 OCEANVIEW WINDOWS - loved it....

2981918170059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2389412410059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

And sorry to say I will be boarding the Liberty as you debark so please keep the ship in good shape for me! Thanks! :D:D

As soon as we boarded I went straight for the Mongolian Grill, and Jason went for the fish and chips. For those who don't know, the Mongolian Grill offers several different items, such as noodles, carrots, broccoli, onions, etc. that you put in a bowl and hand to the cook, then you choose between shrimp, chicken, beef or any combination you want. They then mix the protein with the vegetables in a wok and you decide which sauce you want. I had noodles, broccoli, peppers and onions, with chicken and beef. It was really good but a little salty.

1.)The Mongolian is upstairs correct?

Can you tell me if they have sauces or oils to add? Be have a BD Mongolian restaurant here with many of those to choose from to cook order in & add flavor.

2.)Did it take a while or pretty fast like omelet station?

Burrito Bar salsas (same concept as the Mongolian Grill)

ufHbv.jpg

3.)The Burrito bar is new instead of Chinese window on some ships? Do choices change?

Do they have flour tortillas or rice? Love to put Mongolian Wok stuff in a tortilla or add rice.

Thanks for answering questions-with these options, may have to change usual embarkation destination from deli to one or both of these.

Nice review... Thanks so much for the photos.. based on the ones you have posted so far...I think I am going to book her. I didnt know she had 2 pools...yayyyy. Also, I am going to send this to my friend in Iowa who is trying to twist her hubbys arm to go on a cruise.. he is being stubborn.. these may just sway him... Thanks and Congrats...

Not one picture of the ATM machine? You have pictures of everything else including the refrigerator / microwave in your hotel. How could you forget the ATM machine?

DON

People like details, and often ask about small little things like storage,where they ate,packing hints,excursions. Original poster is sharing her trip,her joy and being generous enough to type a review.

If you can't be positive don't bother with your 2cents.

Archived