Ruby Princess answer for hard mattress

celticlady

30 days on the Crown two years ago-no problem.

18 days last year on the Ruby-no problem.

30 days on Sapphire to Sydney-I need a full body massage, perhaps one a day for the next week. ;-)

We had requested an egg crate but there were none available. (I have it in my personaliser as having been requested and our steward told me on the first day that there were not any to be had.)

Normally I can sleep on a box of rocks and my husband prefers hard mattresses. Some nights I had such pain in my hips that I decided that I might be a candidate for hip replacement when I get home. :D

They cannot do the refurb on Sapphire soon enough.

Until then I will be figuring out ways to cut down on clothing in order to bring my own mattress topper. Even if I don't bring the mattress topper I have FINALLY realized that I have to cut down on clothes.

That being said, I absolutely loved that ship. The food was the best that I have had on any cruise. The crew was wonderful. I will always cherish this past month at sea.

. (I have it in my personaliser as having been requested.....

I've seen a number of people say that, but I absolutely cannot see the option inside of my Cruise Personalizer.

Knowing me, it's probably so obvious that I can't see it. But can somebody tell me exactly where the option is?

I prefer a somewhat firm bed to be honest. My GF claims she likes a softer bed, but in my opinion she can sleep on a pile of rocks. But I've heard sooooo many unflattering adjectives used to describe the Princess mattresses that I've become a little concerned.

(I have a suite and it says it has upgraded bedding. Does that mean it's a better mattress? Or are they just talking about the sheets/covers?)

Originally Posted by bananavan

I've seen a number of people say that, but I absolutely cannot see the option inside of my Cruise Personalizer.

I seriously wish I could tell you where the option is. I am getting over the jetlag of flying from Sydney Au.on Friday October 29 to South Korea, to JFK (during the bomb searches, thus delays) then overnight near La Guardia and on to Indianapolis.

I do however know that there are people here who are experts on locating that info. We were in a mini suite and the upgraded bedding applied to the sheets etc. They were great.

I wish that Princess would invest in the comfortable beds that a few hotel chains have started offering.

Knowing me, it's probably so obvious that I can't see it. But can somebody tell me exactly where the option is?

I prefer a somewhat firm bed to be honest. My GF claims she likes a softer bed, but in my opinion she can sleep on a pile of rocks. But I've heard sooooo many unflattering adjectives used to describe the Princess mattresses that I've become a little concerned.

(I have a suite and it says it has upgraded bedding. Does that mean it's a better mattress? Or are they just talking about the sheets/covers?)

I'm with you...I never saw a spot to put that in the personalizer.

They had the robes and bed configuation (which I couldn't change and as a result they were set up as twin bed...Girish changed that for us).

Originally Posted by bananavan

I seriously wish I could tell you where the option is. I am getting over the jetlag of flying from Sydney Au.on Friday October 29 to South Korea, to JFK (during the bomb searches, thus delays) then overnight near La Guardia and on to Indianapolis.

I do however know that there are people here who are experts on locating that info. We were in a mini suite and the upgraded bedding applied to the sheets etc. They were great.

I wish that Princess would invest in the comfortable beds that a few hotel chains have started offering.

Ours has always shown up within a few weeks of sailing, but not until that time. It was under additional services on our booking if I remember correctly. ;)

suzy

I think we have the same mattress.

Isn't it wonderful?

After 2 unsuccessful back surgeries (#2 was a fusion with a full size erector set installed, lolol) I see a pain management doc.

The meds (including 2 different sleeping pills) work most of the time, unless the barometric pressure is changing (it seems to swell and push on nerves).

When the pressure completes the change everything is all good.

I will be schlepping 4 pillows, 2 heating pads and a fan to keep me comfy when the pads are on.

Princess will be providing an egg crate and even MORE pillows, just in case.

Thank you so much for putting my mind at peace re: Ruby's mattresses.

suzy

I think we have the same mattress.

Isn't it wonderful?

After 2 unsuccessful back surgeries (#2 was a fusion with a full size erector set installed, lolol) I see a pain management doc.

The meds (including 2 different sleeping pills) work most of the time, unless the barometric pressure is changing (it seems to swell and push on nerves).

When the pressure completes the change everything is all good.

I will be schlepping 4 pillows, 2 heating pads and a fan to keep me comfy when the pads are on.

Princess will be providing an egg crate and even MORE pillows, just in case.

Thank you so much for putting my mind at peace re: Ruby's mattresses.

Enjoy your cruise...and I hope you get the same comfy mattress we had!

Archived