Looking for Greatam

shootingstar07

Greatam,

I looked at a recent post of yours on this board that indicated you had reservations at Casa Silva mid Oct. I have tried to get reservations through the link you provided but they indicate Casa Silva has earthquake damage. You said the same thing.

Do you have any information regarding them opening in Oct. or is that just an estimate?

I will be there Jan. 26 and it sounds like a lovely place to stay.

Thanks for your help (or anyone else out there that knows the situation in that area)

Read the thread on Princess, Is Princess going to screw me again. Her last posting was that she was of the Trans-Siberan express going across Russia on a holiday. I am sure she will get in touch with you as soon as she can.

thank you so much for the heads up. Will await her return.

• 2 weeks later...
thank you so much for the heads up. Will await her return.

I am back from Russia. Actually decided to come home for a few days instead of flying direct to South America from Russia. I leave next Saturday for the first of my four SA business trips this year. Put off my stay in Casa de Silva until the 27-28th of the month. I have NOT heard that they are still closed but am going to call them this week. Will let you know.

I am back from Russia. Actually decided to come home for a few days instead of flying direct to South America from Russia. I leave next Saturday for the first of my four SA business trips this year. Put off my stay in Casa de Silva until the 27-28th of the month. I have NOT heard that they are still closed but am going to call them this week. Will let you know.

thanks, Greatam. Have a safe trip to S.A.

Hi Greatam - Several of us on the Diamond roll call wondered if you were able to get on the Diamond in Whittier and disembark in Vladivostok. Please fill us in!

They let us on the ship THEN told us we could not get off in Vladivostok WITHOUT a tour company meeting us at the ship (and a couple of other things).

If you want to know EXACTLY what happened and how our train trip through Russia went, send me an email-greatam.az@gmail.com

They let us on the ship THEN told us we could not get off in Vladivostok WITHOUT a tour company (or someone in an "official" capacity) meeting us at the ship (plus a couple of other things that were FAR different than they agreed to originally).

If you want to know EXACTLY what happened and how our train trip through Russia went, send me an email-greatam.az@gmail.com

Archived