Bringing aboard some tonic

Katoo

I've ordered a bottle of vodka for the room and I'd like to bring along some tonic water to make vodka tonics. I will bring it in my carry-on, but do I have to bring it as a 6-pack of individual bottles or can I bring 2 one liter bottles?

The carnival website

To find it yourself navigate to the web site -> Frequently Asked Questions (bottom of screen), then enter 'alcohol' for the search term. The 2nd hit will be 'Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard?'. There are three sections to that answer: Confiscated Items (will be held for you), Prohibited Items (will be disposed of), and Miscellaneous Concerns.

Under the Miscellaneous Concerns it says "On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage. "

I assume that means one 12-pack per person. So my wife and I could each bring a case of water if we wanted (since we've got at least 2 people in each of our cabins). I assume they mean standard 20-oz or smaller bottles in the 12-pack, but I'm not sure they'd really care if you had 2 x 2L bottles instead, assuming they're sealed.

Archived