Repellent Spray on Princess?

cdamion

Carnival is the most persistent with their photographers, but they have to fill a quota of pictures taken per day. I haven't found the Princess photographers to be intrusive. On the other hand, on a long HAL cruise, I missed the photographers...I was traveling with a Flat Stanley (some of you grandparents may have met him) and needed to document where I went...and they weren't taking gangway pictures in the ports. I asked why, and they said not enough people wanted them so they quit going out. EM

Carnival is the most persistent with their photographers, but they have to fill a quota of pictures taken per day. I haven't found the Princess photographers to be intrusive.

Been on many princess cruises and "no"....is never a problem

and they will not bother you....

Thank you, this answers my question and is a relief.

I do not have a problem with photographers per se. It was irritating to have them not accept a polite "no". Especially in the middle of dinner, people here on CC go on and on about courtesy and proper attire in the dining room, yet somehow that courtesy doesnt extend to your nice meal being interrupted for pictures of pirates with each of the 8 people at the table when not a single one wanted it and said "no thank you"?

Thank you, this answers my question and is a relief.

I do not have a problem with photographers per se. It was irritating to have them not accept a polite "no". Especially in the middle of dinner, people here on CC go on and on about courtesy and proper attire in the dining room, yet somehow that courtesy doesnt extend to your nice meal being interrupted for pictures of pirates with each of the 8 people at the table when not a single one wanted it and said "no thank you"?

We've had our fill of a large table being interrupted for individual head shots & group shots where you can't really say much on the matter.

Thank God for tables for two where I can make the call.

I agree. I would think that, as an employee of the cruise line, if any one dared to reach out and grab a passenger, that they would seriously endanger their employment. While I have seen some of the costumed folk try to "talk" folks into a photo op, I have yet to see one reach out and grab somebody.

I have literally been grabbed twice by photographers while politely saying "No thank you". The first time was by a pirate when leaving the dining room after dinner on the Coral Princess Panama Cruise and the second time by a Norseman when I was attempting to disembark the ship in Sweden while on the Star Princess. I did not appreciate it, but it did not ruin my trip. Both times I struggled and lowered my head so I no doubt really spoiled the picture. :p I do not like to have my picture taken and I never buy the ship pictures.

• 1 month later...
How little? It was not a little last time. I do not complaint about much at all, but the photographers last time were overly aggressive.

On Carnival, we were eating dinner - literally chewing our main course and EVERYBODY at the table (2 different groups) politely said "no" and the pirate posed by each person and they took pictures anyways ignoring us.

When we were leaving port a couple times (not always) they said it was required to take pictures. Polite no's did not work.

Had they merely asked and we said "No thank you" and they allowed us to move on that would have been fine. But they were overly aggressive. Yes, that is very irritating - and will be if we are forced to stop and pose 4 times at each of the 6 port calls on our next cruise.

So, I re-pose the question - if I politely say 'no', will the photographers on Princess accept that as an answer and not continue to bug us?

No pirates will bother you at dinner on Princess ships.

When we are getting on, or off in ports we just walk by them say no thank you. We do not like to have pictures taken at dinner and usually turn them down too. We usually have the formal ones taken, unless the lines are long and we are in a hurry. Sometimes we get them and sometimes not. Depends on how good they are.

S.

I have literally been grabbed twice by photographers while politely saying "No thank you". The first time was by a pirate when leaving the dining room after dinner on the Coral Princess Panama Cruise and the second time by a Norseman when I was attempting to disembark the ship in Sweden while on the Star Princess. I did not appreciate it, but it did not ruin my trip. Both times I struggled and lowered my head so I no doubt really spoiled the picture. :p I do not like to have my picture taken and I never buy the ship pictures.

I've never had this happen on the princess line. I've been on the Star princess two times. I've never seen anyone waiting to take your picture as you leave dinner (except on Carnival).

No pirates will bother you at dinner on Princess ships.

I have been on Princess both

o when the pirates and the photographer are at the exit to the dining room and you cannot get past them easily; and

o when the pirates go from table to table while you are eating and want to take the pictures then.

I've never had this happen on the princess line. I've been on the Star princess two times. I've never seen anyone waiting to take your picture as you leave dinner (except on Carnival).

You have been lucky. It has happened to us on most of the Princess cruises.

Just off the Emerald and the photographers were everywhere but were not too intrusive! Looking at the thousands of un-purchased photos on the walls and the $24.99 price tag, it's no wonder they have to take so many!

Archived