Kettles on Eclipse

scotslizzy

We sailed out of the UK in June on the Eclipse and they had kettles in the cabins . We are now booked on the Eclipse for January cruising in the carribean.

Do they still have the kettles in the cabins if you sail from the USA ?

Thanks

Scotslizzy

We're hoping the leave them. :)

I have read elsewhere one of the other Celebrity ships had them when it wintered in the Caribbean - but was due back in the UK in the spring. Hopefully that will be true for the Eclipse as well.

Of course, ours would be used for coffee in the morning, . . . versus tea - but who cares :)

Unfortunately, there is only a 3 day sail before our Nov sailing, . . . so we have to guess. Will post when we get back with an update.

Hi Scotts Lizzie I am sure you will enjoy another cruise on the Eclipse with or without the kettle. We are on the Connie in the Med in two weeks time. I'll bet there are no kettles on there either.

Alan and Debbie

Well I suppose I can ask. Surely they must keep some kettles in store just in case we poor brits cannot live without brewing our own !

Will take my fav tea bags with me just in case I get lucky!

Cheers

Scotslizzy

• 1 month later...
The kettles were removed from the cabins on Eclipse during the TA in October, due to U.S. safety regulations. Once she returns to Europe, the kettles will be placed back in the cabins.

We have had kettles on some RCCL ships (do not recall which ones) sailing from the USA so I doubt it is because of US regulations.

I hated not having a kettle on the QM2 and was so glad to hear that Eclipse had them. Now it seems that they have been removed, I may have to take my own! I am not ordering room service for a cup of tea every morning, how ridiculous!

I agree totally with you. I will be bringing my travel kettle and Barrys Tea bags, a Cork brew, with me on the Equinox next May. I dont want to leave my early morning cuppa to chance!

We have had kettles on some RCCL ships (do not recall which ones) sailing from the USA so I doubt it is because of US regulations.

Our room steward, who was removing the kettle from our suite, explained that due to U.S. safety regulations they were being taken to be boxed up and then stored off the ship when we arrived in Miami. The crew was also preparing for their first inspection by the Coast Guard once we arrived. When the ship sailsfrom the U.S. back to Europefor the summer season the kettles will be returned.

Well I suppose I can ask. Surely they must keep some kettles in store just in case we poor brits cannot live without brewing our own !

Will take my fav tea bags with me just in case I get lucky!

Cheers

Scotslizzy

To compensate for the lack of Kettles in the cabins, Celebrity have decided that they are going to put optics up for you instead......BYOB

:)

I just got off Eclipse on Saturday and asked for days for the kettles (having not seen the last couple of posters). When I asked Nicholas at the Concierge Desk he said one would come to me immediately as he called housekeeping. They informed him that they had indeed been offloaded. I have no idea why no one else could have told me on day 1, and not day 4! Very disappointing - I had to call room service each night which was a pain (altho I must say the online menu is great!).

seems rather 'off' that they would remove the kettles, why would they not keep them on? I can't believe it is due to safety, if they were on there before then why can they not stay? I can take on my hair straighteners and not get them tested and they pose a far more serious safety threat than a kettle...

I have read through the FAQ's on the Celebrity website and it doesn't say anywhere that kettles are not allowed onboard.

No laundry facilities provided either, am slightly going off this ship before I am even on her. Perhaps it would be an idea for Celebrity to offer amenities that the guest would like?

When we boarded the Eclipse for our TA, there was no kettle in our stateroom. We asked about it, and were told that we could have one if we asked for it. Our cabin steward said he would have to remove it before we arrived in Miami, but it was still there when we left the ship. We enjoyed our morning tea, but it did take up a lot of counter space. It came with regular mugs, not the glass and metal ones that have been complained about so much.

Sheila

I have read through the FAQ's on the Celebrity website and it doesn't say anywhere that kettles are not allowed onboard.

I know when I was checking before our 6 Nove cruise that I did find one place where and items with "heating elements" were prohibited. Cannot any longer say where I found this because the lists were different on the US and UK sites and I found at least two different lists on each site.

Sue

I would imagine the kettle falls under the coffee maker catagory. Just get a pot of hot water from room service- worked fine for us for both coffee and tea

Bev

I don't see a kettle as the same as a coffer pot though, not at all. As for room service, the water will not be boiling as it needs to be for tea and I see it as a huge inconvenience that I have to place an order, wait for it and then place a tip several times a day for a cup of tea!

Archived