Upgraded...but

NewEnglander23

Just got upgraded on 2 day taste of france cruise on 8th November D6 to C1 on deck 5 QM2, not a massive upgrade but a bigger room with a window is much appreiated

Congrats David! Deck 5 is great...very convenient! Have a great time! :)

Just got upgraded on 2 day taste of france cruise on 8th November D6 to C1 on deck 5 QM2, not a massive upgrade but a bigger room with a window is much appreiated

Hi David, hope you have a great time in November. I was tempted by this

trip, the drive down has put me off for just a short trip.

Catherine

Hello NewEnglander23:

We are on the same crossing. I am going with a friend who booked a guarantee. We are currently assigned a cabin a few doors aft of your declined upgrade. I really can identify with you. My dear spouse does gets seasick and is really prone to that forward part of the ship motion.

Last year we were called by Carnival if we wanted to upgrade to a suite that happened to be sort of forward ( for extra money) I said yes because it was Florida and the Caribbean. Well that happened to be the week of storms and cold snaps. My poor spouse was green for half of the cruise.

My buddy and I going on the crossing do not have motion issues and are thrilled to have one of those glass balconies that I would never pay for. The view should be awesome. BTW I did really enjoy 5 deck a few years ago and would have had a fit if I would have been moved because of spouse's motion issues.

I hate do say it but I really prefer to deal directly with the cruise line. That way it is either mine or their fault. No third party confusion.

Tom in Long Beach

A few people have said that they were upgraded at the pier. I assume that means when you are checking in and getting your cruise card. We give our bags to the porters outside the cruise terminal, and they have the tags attached to them - the tags that we were sent by Cunard a few weeks prior to sailing. If you find out while checking in that you were upgraded, how do the porters deliver your luggage to the "new" upgraded room when the baggage tags have a different cabin number on them?

A few people have said that they were upgraded at the pier. I assume that means when you are checking in and getting your cruise card. We give our bags to the porters outside the cruise terminal, and they have the tags attached to them - the tags that we were sent by Cunard a few weeks prior to sailing. If you find out while checking in that you were upgraded, how do the porters deliver your luggage to the "new" upgraded room when the baggage tags have a different cabin number on them?

We had that happen to us last year. We got an upgrade to Princess Grill(not free,but waitlist)

We had that happen to us last year. We got an upgrade to Princess Grill(not free,but waitlist)

Sorry..hit the post button too fast! It did cause a bit of a mix up. We were concerned as we had medical supplies being delivered(Peritoneal Dialsiate solution)It got delivered to the former room on deck 12, but was quickly rerouted to the upgraded room.

Our sailing is on the 25th of this month! After reading this thread I am checking my Cunard trip summery and luggage tags about every hour!! I am so waiting for an upgrade. We are a AA (Britannia Club) and I have both fingers crossed. I am becoming very compulsive this behavior of mine must stop!!!

Our sailing is on the 25th of this month! After reading this thread I am checking my Cunard trip summery and luggage tags about every hour!! I am so waiting for an upgrade. We are a AA (Britannia Club) and I have both fingers crossed. I am becoming very compulsive this behavior of mine must stop!!!

[laughing]

Saylor Girl, you are not alone! I'm developing the same compulsive behavior. :eek:Maybe there's a twelve-step program for compulsive upgrade checkers :D

Best of luck with your upgrade :)

Salacia

If the TA does not get back to Cunard within the allotted 24 hour period I would place the blame squarely on him/her. A good TA will make it his business to ensure that a decision is made and the result conveyed to Cunard. If he is lax then change agents.

Cabin 11006 is not across from the laundry. The laundry is on the starboard side on deck 11. We sailed in cabin 11004 on a crossing and to Norway and it was a wonderful location. I urge you to keep the cabin.

Fingers crossed to all of you hoping for an upgrade!! We are excited to be leaving for London in a week for a few days before the crossing. Hope you all have wonderful trips!

London is one of my favorite cities enjoy your visit! I wish you a smooth and fabulous crossing.

Archived