Oasis Best Balcony Cabin Location?

PCDIVA

What would you consider to be the best cabin location on the Oasis Balcony Cabin? I'm thinking the ship is so big if I got a cabin on the 14 floor then that would just be 14 floors of elevators stoping on every floor ? I'm looking for a cabin location that is Quiet but accessible...Any suggestions out there for you Pro Oasis Cruisers?

Thanks

we just booked 14598 which is a D1 and is on the hump (hump rooms have a 30sq ft bigger balcony 80 vs 50 ;)) We spend alot of time on the balcony and the size was important to us. I also like being up as high as possible, now if I could only afford a crown loft suite :rolleyes:. Happy cruising

Cabin 6672 :D :D :D :D :D

Deck Six

- Quick trip to the boardwalk for junk food

- One flight of stairs down to the Promenade for morning coffee

- The aft elevators take you to lots of nifty places

- Great wave action sounds on the balcony. Great for sipping wine at night!

Unlike one poster who stated that they had to wait for elevators, we NEVER had to wait for an elevator on the Oasis. I remember seeing people waiting ONCE after a show let out but we were on our way somewhere else so we weren't affected. (And for those who are wondering, we were told by crew that our sailing was the first completely booked sailing.) We couldn't believe how quickly the elevators appeared. They open and close quickly so when you hear "ding" for up or "ding dong" for down, you have to move quickly to get on before the door closes without you!

We had a ocean view balcony on the 8th deck, the Central Park deck. It was wonderful. Many nights we ended at the back of the ship and would ride the back elevators so we could walk home through Central Park. It's lovely. We were actually on the starboard side near the elevators and found it really convenient to get snacks and lunches from Central Park Cafe and eat on our balcony. We also started many nights with a cocktail at the rising tide bar which became our favorite bar. Great, friendly staff there!

The Oasis is designed so well that my husband and I agreed that we did LESS walking with our cabin placement than on other cruises.

Whatever you choose, I know you will really enjoy your experience!

Pool is on deck 15.

Promenade is on Deck 5.

Dinner on decks 3 - 5.

Boardwalk is on deck 6.

Central Park is on deck 8. If you are not into the pool scene then lower would be better. If you go to the pool and Windjammer, then maybe deck 9 or 10 would be a nice deck to book. There is no deck 13.

Cabin 6672 :D :D :D :D :D

Deck Six

- Quick trip to the boardwalk for junk food

- One flight of stairs down to the Promenade for morning coffee

- The aft elevators take you to lots of nifty places

- Great wave action sounds on the balcony. Great for sipping wine at night!

I agree with you 100% Trainman. I have 6672 booked on Allure (exact same layout as Oasis) for all the same reasons you mentioned. I don't spent a lot of time at the pools so the lower decks are closer to the places I go to more often. When I was on Oasis I didn't even go to the Windjammer until day 6. Being close to the aft stairs (elevators) is the best location in my humble opinion. This cabin location is also close to the Schooner Bar. From what I've seen lately, the D4 category also seems to get more discounts that the D8. On my sailing I am paying $200pp less that a D8 & 2 weeks ago the D4 category even showed up under $1000 on the "Tuesday Sale". One more note, if you are sailing the western itnerary, the best port views will be on the Starboard side.

Edited by Down South Cruiser

I booked 9723; seems like a good location. I don't mind walking; my wife does; but we don't have to be in a rush to get anywhere so we can take our time.

Edited by AF-1

Everyone please note that if you book deck 7, the aft stairs and lifts do not cross over from port to starboard side. If you take the incorrect steps or lifts, you will have to go to either deck 6 or 8 to cross over to the other side of the ship. This seems to be done as to not cover up the Boardwalk signage on deck 6.

Joe

Hi PCDIVA, you're getting some good information from the previous replies. I was in deck 14 cabin 309 last week and wished I had researched it like you're doing. The good is that it's right below the pool deck and affords a view of the Aqua Theater from the balcony. But it is a bit noisier with the basketball courts above and the boardwalk below. Also, the zip line riders were fun to watch go while outside on the balcony for the first two days, but later on got to be a distraction. We never found the elevator wait to be too long and found it a quick two flights to get coffee in the morning at the Windjammer. It was also nice to have the library right down the hall by the elevators.

Hey Buckey State Cruisers I am in 14598 for my B2B on the 16th & 23rd this month.

Gary

We are in 12200 on the 16th. Smack in the middle of the ship w/ the extended ocean balcony.

Edited by J and J

• 1 year later...

6666 was a great cabin for me when I was on Oasis last year. Firstly because it's the best conversation starter! And you'll never forget it ;)

It was a good cabin for the same reasons as 6672 - close to all the action. It's right upside the atrium so can be a little noisy, but certainly didn't bother me at all.

I'm sailing on Allure in Oct and we got 12708, which I'm not overly enthused about, at least we won't suffer from the overhang of the sports deck and it'll have a good view. We weren't given very good options when I came to book the cruise earlier this year.

I'm looking to go on Oasis for my birthday next year and was considering around 6666 again or deck 8.

We are partial to the more aft balcony cabins on Oasis. We stayed in a family Oceanview 7330 and will be staying in a D4 7726 in October. When you leave your cabin, there is a short walk to a door which leads you out to a public balcony overlooking the Aqua Theater. It is one flight of stairs (which is right there) to the Boardwalk and 2 flights to the Promenade. This is our area of choice from now on!

We are booked for 8302 which is the aft on the port side. We have a balcony facing the sea. Can't wait. I was told by a fellow co-worker that deck 8 is good so am going by what he is saying.

I will let you know. It seems good, almost right in the middle of all the deck and not to far from the elevators.

Happy sailing:):):)

• 3 weeks later...