In Room Amenities in balcony rooms

eam2008

My husband and I leave for our Southern Caribbean Cruise in 1 week (Wohoo,Serenade!), and I'm doing some last minute shopping. We were on a RCCL cruise two years ago, but I don't seem to remember a few things...

Is there shampoo and conditioner in the showers provided? If so, is it refilled when it's empty?

Do we bring our own beach towels or can we use the RCCL when off the ship?

I've hear a hairdryer is in the room, and cannot be brought on board. Are curling irons or hair straighteners allowed on board?

Thank you so much!!

Is there shampoo and conditioner in the showers provided? If so, is it refilled when it's empty?

There are dispensers in the shower filled with mystery-goo that they call shampoo/bodywash...if you don't care about what you use, then maybe this will be fine but I always bring my own grooming products from home.

Do we bring our own beach towels or can we use the RCCL when off the ship?

You can use the towels supplied by RCI but just keep in mind that if a towel is misplaced you will be charged for it on your shipboard account.

I've hear a hairdryer is in the room, and cannot be brought on board. Are curling irons or hair straighteners allowed on board?

Although a hair dryer is supplied, many people bring their own. Hair dryers, straighteners, and curling irons are all allowed to be brought on board.

I brought my own shampoo on board that I put in the shower on day two. Our attendant placed small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in our bathroom. I thought maybe that we done with the thought that I didn't like what was in the generic, shampoo/conditioner in the shower.

When you get a beach towel, they scan your sea pass. There is a $25 charge per towel until the towel is returned.

Our attendant placed small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in our bathroom.

Were you in a Junior suite or above?

It would be out of the ordinary to have anything more than little bars of soap and the mystery-goo in the shower in any stateroom category below a JS.

Were you in a Junior suite or above?

It would be out of the ordinary to have anything more than little bars of soap and the mystery-goo in the shower in any stateroom category below a JS.

Not really, it depends on the room steward. I have always recieved then if I asked nicely.

Not really, it depends on the room steward. I have always recieved then if I asked nicely.

I agree with you, the OP might be able to receive something that isn't normally supplied in the stateroom if they ask for it.

However, there is a good chance the request will be denied and I wouldn't suggest counting on receiving anything extra just because I ask nicely.

I know that there are some great stewards out there (and I've had my share) who will go above and beyond to get items that aren't normally available in the stateroom category we have booked.

I'm not doubting your experiences or flaming, I just don't think it's fair to the OP to tell them that they can expect to receive extras if they ask nicely enough.

I repeat, it is not the ordinary procedure to supply extra bath amenities in stateroom categories below a Junior Suite. If nice bath/shower products are important to you, and you are in a stateroom category below a junior suite, then it is best to plan on taking your own.

This reminds me of an incident showing how room stewards can differ. My sister and I were on the same cruise but had different room stewards. Back when RCL was giving chocolates at night we heard if you asked at the end of the cruise for additional chocolates you would get some to take home, so we both did that. My sister got a bag of like 200 of them or something, while when I returned to my room there were 6 chocolates arranged in a circle on the bed. We both got a laugh out of it.

We were just on the Navigator in April in a balcony cabin and there wasn't any lotion and there was just that mystery stuff in the shower wall dispenser. I did ask our cabin steward for some lotion and she gave me one small bottle, but I had the feeling that she had to go to some trouble to get it. It's the only time I hadn't packed any, but it's also the first time we've been on Royal Caribbean. I'm sure the other cruise lines will follow suit!

My husband and I leave for our Southern Caribbean Cruise in 1 week (Wohoo,Serenade!), and I'm doing some last minute shopping.

I believe your on the same cruise as we are; departing 10.10.10? Thanks for posting your questions - I appreciate the responses as well.

~Joan

Yep! Leaving from San Juan! We are amazingly excited. We had actually booked the same cruise for in May, but had to cancel when I got laid off in January, but we were able to re-book when I got a job in April. We are hoping for good weather!

My husband and I leave for our Southern Caribbean Cruise in 1 week (Wohoo,Serenade!), and I'm doing some last minute shopping.

I believe your on the same cruise as we are; departing 10.10.10? Thanks for posting your questions - I appreciate the responses as well.

~Joan

What are you planning for your day in port in St. Croix and Barbados? I'm still trying to decide what to do in those ports. I think we may spend the day on the beach in St. Croix, but I can't decide! In Barbados we are doing the sub tour, but that ends at 1pm. I'm thinking we'll find somewhere cool for lunch and...?

i brought my own shampoo on board that i put in the shower on day two. Our attendant placed small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in our bathroom. I thought maybe that we done with the thought that i didn't like what was in the generic, shampoo/conditioner in the shower.

When you get a beach towel, they scan your sea pass. There is a $25 charge per towel until the towel is returned.

$20.

:)

Archived